Houston Dash Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by ImaPuppy, Oct 5, 2016.

1. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not that bad down at home games folks!
    The team does need a big shot in the arm for marketing and scouting for sure.

2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They'll claim 3,615 average attendance (see attached link) but I bet most games about 2,500 actually show up. The whole enterprise only works because the Dynamo already own the stadium rights and need to fill dates.

http://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2019-nwsl-attendance/

Yeah, the “fanpeople” (I say that because half of them probably identify as not their natural born gender) will let you know how great the team is and DTFO and stuff like that while 98% of the Houston market doesn’t even know a game is going on

3. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i try to go to 1 game per year to support. they really are fun to watch.

however, i always thought that the Dash would've been perfect for a 2,000 seater at HASP. they would fill up a small park nicely as long as you didn't treat the game ops as minor league just because you're at a 2,000 seater.

i believe the majority of women's European club teams play at the club training facilities. keep in mind that some of these European training facilities are nicer than HASP.

CeltTexan and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is all correct, but then the SJWs would just complain about unequal facilities and having to play at a site the men in MLS wouldn’t play a game at blah blah blah.

CeltTexan, Ethos and Dynam0 repped this.
  5. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    Speaking of different stadiums, I would like to see the Dynamo play some Open Cup games at smaller venues. Frisco played one of their games at SMU this year. It would be unique and would put some new eyes on the team.

I believe I have said this before but I just think that the team could play a game at Delmar stadium and give out tickets to all the HISD kids, the stadium is big enough for an Open Cup crowd. I know it won't happen but it would be really cool.

The Cup games are just pathetic in regards to attendance.

CeltTexan and *rey* repped this.
  6. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    YASS!

The A&M field has held CONCACAF, USOC, Dash, and Mexico WNT U-20 games. I went to the Mexico - Texas A&M game and there were more people there than at some USOC games at BBVA.

If the last time you went was the Dynamo - Puntarenas CCC game the place has grown. before it only had stands on one side. now it has stands on each sideline and bleachers on one of the end lines.

7. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A day long remembered!
    Not only for the win and that cool lil' stadium A&M was nice enough to lend to us that night but the shenanigans when Max breaks the barrier to the field early on, the ensuing goal celebration sees a wall of Dynamo hinchas collapse said barrier even though the A&M game day ops "fixed"it, FuBoy thus has to prop himself up to avoid impaling himself on some stake sticking outta the ground in front of the barrier, he literally had to do a static push up with the weight of 10 dudes falling on his back! Or he woulda been pitchforked for real! HAHA!

*rey* repped this.
  8. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    2019 NWSL Week 25 results:

Saturday, October 12
    North Carolina Courage 3-2 Sky Blue FC
    Orlando Pride 2-2 Seattle Reign
    Utah Royals 2-1 Houston Dash
    Portland Thorns 0-0 Washington Spirit

BYE: Chicago

Final Standings:

1. NCC 24 g.p. 49 pts +31 g.d.
    2. CHI 24 g.p. 44 pts +13 g.d.
    3. POR 24 g.p. 40 pts +9 g.d.
    4. SEA 24 g.p. 38 pts +0 g.d.
    -----------------------------
    5. WAS 24 g.p. 34 pts +5 g.d.
    6. UTR 24 g.p. 34 pts +0 g.d.
    7. HOU 24 g.p. 26 pts -15 g.d.
    8. SKY 24 g.p. 20 pts -14 g.d.
    9. ORL 24 g.p. 16 pts -29 g.d.

9. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    2019 NWSL Playoffs
    Times are CDT

Semifinals
    Sunday, October 20
    (1)North Carolina Courage v. (4)Seattle Reign 12:30 pm ESPN2
    (2)Chicago Red Stars v. (3)Portland Thorns 2:30 pm ESPN2

2019 Final
    Sunday, October 27
    @ Cary, NC 2:30 pm ESPN

10. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the Dash finish worse than 2018 with less points. And this was after they ran off the last coach because she was mean or something.

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    I don't know know who Carli Lloyd is. I feel like the media wants me to think this person is famous but honestly, I have no idea who this is and I don't care.

14. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    blocked.jpg

15. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    2019 NWSL Playoffs
    Times are CDT

Semifinals
    Sunday, October 20
    (1)North Carolina Courage 4-1 (4)Seattle Reign
    (2)Chicago Red Stars 1-0 (3)Portland Thorns

2019 Final
    Sunday, October 27
    (1) North Carolina Courage v. (2) Chicago Red Stars @ Cary, NC 2:30 pm ESPN

16. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    2019 NWSL Playoffs
    Times are CDT

2019 Final
    Sunday, October 27
    (1) North Carolina Courage 4-0 (2) Chicago Red Stars @ Cary, NC

North Carolina wins their 2nd straight title and their third for the franchise including a win as the Western New York Flash. They also have 4 regular season Shield wins: the last three years in North Carolina and one prior in Rochester.

17. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our Dash went toe to toe with this Champion side North Carolina, at their house no less. It was a game that ESPN2 broadcasted back in August iirc. I was posted up and the game was on so I was able to watch the entire match. Solid, end to end action and our girls tested this North Carolina side all night. However, North Carolina was awarded a PK in the late stages of the match and won 1-0 but it was the most dubious PK call I had witnessed in decades. A Bocanegra love tap to that Ghana player at Germany2006 where the ref gave them a PK for it. Which if so, there would be around 10 PK's each and every game in the sport if defenders were called for contesting their space to win a flighted ball inside their own 18.
    Simply put, our girls are not that far behind in terms of competing with the rest of the league. They just need to play a better 90 minutes as they, like our Dynamo men, mental lapse here and there and as well have back line issues. At least our club's two teams are consistent with each other! HA!

18. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeez.
    One took our club's money as some sort of "off n on" player for rent.
    The other in some sort of odd promotion of the "buy tickets, or else" marketing strategy drove our club into the ground!

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  20. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    http://www.bbvastadium.com/news/det...DdlIqnJiTF-3ACj7hR8upyBunlNosdrbLSW_K7h3FQWSg

BBVA will host a group in the CONCACAF Women's Olympic Qualifying tournament. Group A including USA, Costa Rica, Panama, and Haiti will play three double-headers here in Houston January 28-February 3.

H-E-B Park in Edinburg, Texas will host Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, and St. Kitts & Nevis in Group B play. The semifinal and final will take place in Southern California.

The two finalists in the tournament will advance to the 2020 Olympics in Japan.

21. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It just occurred to me that now that we have signed Ramos as our head coach, with his good name and record as player and coach for the USSF, our city and our State might just be in line to get a heckava lot more U.S.A. men's and women's matches.

22. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that’s going to have zero impact they’re just trying to find a warm weather location and our stadium is so desperate for the revenue we’re gonna take it even though no one’s going to go to most of the games for the women

Ethos repped this.
  23. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    warm weather? you obviously didn't lose any toes at Robertson during those Interliga games.

24. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh, I was more thinking that with Tab in charge here in a Deep South U.S.A. soccer role, our head coach, the international side of the sport has a tremendous opportunity to grow just cuz he is now down here. He will have Liga MX links with his time with Tigres and sway looking forward with our Fed. Tab is a made man.

25. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not. Jeez, that was when Mexican team matchups in Houston were a bit uncommon. Now it seems like BBVA has one about once a month.

But those women’s soccer events - and they can only be hosted in the US or Canada - really only can go to California, Texas or Florida in that window of the year