Houston Dash live now

Discussion in 'Houston Dash' started by fire123, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Penwyth

Penwyth Member

Mar 10, 1999
    Earth
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got home after watching the first half live. Aces were playing well, but the Dash were a good step above. Maybe these cross city rival teams can do this every year in preseason with a double header BEFORE a Dynamo game.

I'm looking forward the home opener next week.

2. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Houston's stadium has a nicer fell and look than Portland's. Romero looked really good. Lets see if someone starts a Mexican International. Hopefully, they can get 5000 a game or so.

BTW, Ohai is a more diverse player than Mewis I.

South American repped this.
  3. South American

Aug 3, 2008
    Ohai had an assist and 2 goals, was fouled for an additional pk all in the first half. Game got real chippy on the second half. Dash really could use some help in the midfield as they are still trying to put together the right combination Noyola at this point is not a starter!

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If u missed the game the Dash posted it on youtube

5. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the game but never had a chance to comment, there was this distraction. Is there a replay available? I would like to break down the first half again.

A couple things that stood out to me:

The midfield is going to rely heavily on the chemistry and leadership of Bock & Edwards. It looks like they are going to be playing a free flowing 4123 style of the 433 with Bock & Edwards pivoting out of their respective DM positions. They kept a very deep V formation.

I was very surprised to see the complexity of the front 3, and it has a chance to be extremely successful or a huge bust against top tier back lines. I got the shape of an Allen wrench in my head, with two attackers stacked on the short side with the 3rd out wide. The reserved striker, Ohai or Masar, would face the ball with the other directly behind her, and depending on where the flow of the build up lead the reserved striker, the lead striker would alternate positions with her. The line flattened as they got closer to goal. I remember I finally got a handle of this on the play that lead to Ohai drawing the PK.

6. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Derp. 5 minutes before my post. You read my mind, Thai.

7. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Ari Romero looked very polished, and confident on the ball. She showed great vision, and passing.