Hope Solo to be at Wed. game (magicJack)

Discussion in 'magicJack' started by kolabear, Aug 8, 2011.

1. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i don't they hate him, think they don't want him coaching or anywhere near them during practice or game time, just play owner like he should be, not coach. i'm assuming he thought the reserves were basically his u13 team and treated them that way.

2. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    that's another six figure deal. she better on time for the magicjack game.

4. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Maybe she'll wear a winter coat as well.

6. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Not surprised. Not at all.

btw, it's probably the wrong forum for this new discussion. I briefly considered posting it elsewhere but did not want to feed the vultures. :eek:

7. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    It's not the worst thing in the world. Apparently, the shoot will be apart of ESPN's Naked issue or whatever it's called.

FYI: Tash Kai and Gooch both posed (in separate layouts) for the magazine two years ago...

8. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Solo's recent tweets it sounds like she had 7 body guards? I had no idea she turned into Lebron James

9. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Girl got mobbed by everyone. Apparently, it was actually sort of crazy. People were pushing and shoving, near riot. Could have been bad. Hope's hand was shaking when signing autographs according to a twitter report. Guess it got scary.

10. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I saw that too! I'm assuming that they had to protect her from the massive 4K+ crowd in attendance....

11. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I was at the game on one of the far ends of the stadium and I almost got trampled by mobs of 8-year-old girls and peachfuzz-lipped 15-year-old boys who were running full steam to get to the middle of the stadium where she was signing (for about 10 minutes at the half). I'm not joking when I say "almost trampled"; think Beatlemania-type recklessness.

Not sure if Hope did any after the game, but Abby and most of the rest of the players worked their way around different sides of the stadium for about 20-30 minutes. Fortunately a small girl literally dragged Abby by the hand over to the corner where I was and I got her to sign my freshly bought mJ jersey :D

12. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Hope did not have any bodyguards, they were FAU security who had to come over and make sure they didn't trample the woman. WTF is wrong with these parents? Get a grip on your kids already. And then some chic is complaining to hope on twitter about her daughter getting pushed and how its all Hopes fault. I seriously think you should have to get a license to be a parent. I mean good lord.

ps

http://yfrog.com/gzdojphbj

13. emeybee

emeybee New Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Agreed. I was actually pretty amazed that Hope stayed as long as she did, given the circumstances. Security lost control of the crowd and people got on the field and completely mobbed her after the game. Half-time was very tame by comparison. She didn't have any bodyguards with her that I saw-- it was the FAU security. Even after she left they were surrounding her van. It was a madhouse.

14. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah, the pitch-invading mob started as some of the mJ players were leaving the field. Security had the crowd blocked and the barriers moved to allow the players off, but started letting fans back across before they put the sign board back in place, so it kind of diverted everyone straight on to the field. I started following the crowd and realized I was on the field when Huffman ducked past me. I was wondering who everyone was running after on the other side, thought it might have been Rapinoe.

Did anyone catch Hope's speech at halftime? I only got bits and pieces but I swear at one point she was commenting about B 'Slow and how well they got along. It kinda made my skin crawl, really.

Also, does anyone know what they did with the pink jerseys? I didn't hear any announcement about an auction and when I asked the staffers, they just looked confused. I probably should've checked emeybee's website as it is typically the most informative source.

15. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You got your wish but I don't agree. I gave my reasons for starting the thread at the outset- there've been several comments on Hope not being at any magicJack games after the World Cup. Those comments have been in the WPS forum. Her absence has been commented on as a WPS issue -- and not just as something unfortunate or disrespectful to magicJack fans (or her magicJack team mates).

Not a biggie but if truth be told I'm somewhat annoyed by this.

16. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    please show video of solo getting ran over or whatever. i just see a bunch of kids excited to get autographs. they're around her but police have things under control. it's not like it's a bunch of adults. thanks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gefsVXAO6a0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gefsVXAO6a0[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QltNV4PQLo&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QltNV4PQLo&NR=1[/ame]

seems like overkill to me from people posting. i'd like to see other footage.

17. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The story was actually pretty high up on the PBP website's sports page.

The attendance: 4,011. A Palm Beach record, and not too shabby overall. Not the 15,000 drawn in Rochester for the same two teams, but that's soccer-crazy Rochester for homegirl Abby.

PS: I agree, Hope needs to wear the gloves. :p

18. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good read but they really need to get off the firepower thing. that's funny. wny is good, and has had solid COACHING (that's the key word) from beginning - end but that game finish was a boo boo by rampone and loydon. even up with less dan influence :rolleyes: they played wny to the end in the correct formation. riley puts a solid game together and VB or Kai get a hot foot and WNY finishes the season #2. nothing from them, given they are good, but not that much space between them mj or philly this season. but that's how sports writers and such do it.

19. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Yea because we like to just make stuff up for the hell of it News :rolleyes:.

Here are magicjack tweets

WPSmagicJack WPS magicJack
    Bit of a mob sene around @hopesolo... Pretty glad I'm not her right now

People are literally running across the field to mob her... A little scary

Must say, @hopesolo is fantastic to put up w this. She is still signing despite near insanity

She's somewhere in the middle of this http://t.co/hJAFvfe

They're making her stop now... Don't blame them.

Okay people, enough is enough. They are surrounding @hopesolo's van now

20. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    there are a lot of soccer mom types on this board, so i like to see something for my eyes first. thanks.

21. emeybee

emeybee New Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Those videos were right at the beginning, before everyone broke onto the field. Imagine the masses she's walking up to in the 2nd video start running up behind her as well, and that's how it ended up.