Hope Solo On Cover Of Newsweek!

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by sregis, Jul 16, 2012.

1. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    A Bolivian friend of mine once told me, "no hay una "i" en equipo." He's the third generation of his family in the US. His parents were actually Salvadoran.

2. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Interesting article. I think it is great exposure for the team. Hope is definetly not your average girl. Lover her or hate her, you must admit she is fascinating to watch. She is not too shabby in net either ;).

3. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    It would have worked better if he had said " no hay <Yo> en equipo", wouldn't it?

4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It would have been better if he didn't pretend to know Spanish.

taosjohn repped this.
  5. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I can't wait until Hope Solo comes out with a board game.
    She's done everything else. From Dancing with the Stars, to coming up with her own version of monopoly. Because she certainly has a monopoly on the "TMI" industry right now. No one can compete, and no one has "Hope". There's only a Solo Hope, as its all her. Her spotlight, her moment, her fame, her game. Bring it in London. Or else it's not all justified.

6. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

There is that...

Maybe Guaraní Or Armaya was his first language.

7. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm waiting for someone on this board to leak that people around her are going to pro teams (NBA, MLB, NFL) hoping to get lists of high profile athletes she could be in a "relationship" with with potential for marketing opportunities including reality shows (may include adult video(s)).

8. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    She's put herself in position to get a date with Pau Gasol from Spain (and the Lakers).
    They would make a lovely couple together. Certainly cuter than Mia and Nomar together.
    And definitely much cuter than Kristine Lilly and her fire fighting husband.
    And Hope should be on the next season of Survivor.
    I mean, why the heck not?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I hope she hooks up with the entire Spanish basketball team if it helps the US win a gold in men's basketball.* I was looking at the roster a few days ago and I think all, but three subs have experience in or were drafted by the NBA. Of course they also have the size the US is lacking going into this tournament. The US is behind you Hope... so is Marc.:eek:

*I still have doubts about her prowess in bed.

I just had an awful Designated Player visual involved the Gasol brothers.

10. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you, sir, should be ashamed of yourself. I laughed, of course. That's after I was ashamed of myself for noticing the similarities in Solo's pose on the cover of Newsweek and the pose on her espn body mag. Neither are the best look w/ her hunched over. She's a keeper, not a field player. It shows in that shot & not in a good way. At least it isn't her ubiquitous stank face

11. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Maybe she's coming out to clear the ball.