Hooligan Violence Euro 2016

Discussion in 'England' started by Marcho Gamgee, Jun 11, 2016.

1. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would've gone anywhere to follow England in Euro 2012.

There were Russians who stole England flags and boasted about it online. The Russians also booed the English anthem too so it evens out. Then there could've been a Hillborough 2.0 if the police didn't react in time that was started by the Russians. Why the hell do people bring flares to matches?

Marseille was a terrible mix with the English, Russians, and local ultras. I'm not saying England are totally innocent because they've fought back too and have started some fights elsewhere, probably. The locals started the fighting by throwing bottles and a flare to that pub where the England fans were. Russians were already there too.

There's a 95% chance I won't go to Russia for the world cup anyway because:

A.) I'll probably be busy with work.
    B.) Probably won't be able to afford all the airfare, hotel, etc on my own.
    C.) Won't go alone and don't have any current football friends like me.
    D.) Family and a potential significant other won't want me to go for fear of my safety, naturally.

2. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is this a joke? Are you actually trying to claim that Russians are not causing trouble! Your denial is worse than your Polititians! The world cup simply has to be taken away from Russia at least until they are prepared to admit they have a problem and then actually do something about it!

3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Wait, whoah! Ok, so you're saying booing an National Anthem should result in merciless attack on men with families, children etc, the attack in the stadium had nothing to do with the National anthem, it was already planed especially with hardly any police there which is shocking in itself! If it was due to booing of Anthems then there would be fights in nearly every stadium all over the World as anthems get booed regularly, if you can't take that then maybe none of your fans should be allowed to attend games. We all know that's not the reason they attacked just like in the City itself, there have been newspaper articles going back weeks that the Russians were going to attack the English, so even if a few idiots threw bottles ( not seen the video but if true they deserve whatever comes to them ) it doesn't mean a rampage round the City, pasting whoever is wearing an England shirt! Also the video doesn't prove anything that the English started it as you don't know what went on before that. I'm the first to admit some of our fans are not angels and have not helped the situation and should and will be punished accordingly! I wonder what sort of punishment will be distributed to the Russian Hools? Nothing at all and judging by some politicians they might be rewarded for it and you think we want to come to your Country in two years time?

So, we destroyed the port two days before the Russians got there? I have heard from many sources about this and you know they were also attacked by the Marseille Ultra's and local gangs first so retaliated or defended themselves and then the police as usual being late or just decided to fire tear gas and wade in on England fans just to piss them off even more. The whole thing has been a shambles!

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/fsf-statement-attacks-on-english-fans-in-marseille-euro2016

4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    lol loads of people boo our anthem. Hardly an excuse to charge at what were innocent fans.

That was Sol Campbell not Rio.

I don't think direct comparisons about Russia 2018 can properly be made with regards what has happened in France. I expect the policing will be very different for one. I can't see the same amount of fans travelling to Russia that have gone to France either.

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  6. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    #31 BarryfromEastenders, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016

So basically any more crowd trouble from Russia and they will be kicked out.

7. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You would think that would end the threats if their fans care.

8. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    If u read this, maybe not and I get the impression the Russians say what they mean :(

thebigman repped this.
  9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Good article here focusing more on the French and there role in this saga! Found the Chelsea goal celebration especially amusing, never seen that before, the police really are stupid there.

W.A.S.P. and thebigman repped this.
  10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Apparently it's started already, except this time they attacked England and Welsh fans who appear United standing together.

11. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I had a feeling the English and Welsh fans would stand together somehow. They know that it's gotten too far.

12. longsocks

longsocks Member

Mar 25, 2016

russians not so tough when they come up against equal numbers and not picking on easy targets

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  14. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #39 LorneMarvello, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    lol at you no one destroyed marseille, and the tweets and gopro videos of your own fans say different, so im calling you a liar

and you deserved your national anthem booing after kicking that guy into a coma.

15. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    It seems our fans let themselves down last night and can't blame the Russians this time it seems! Idiots!

http://ind.pn/1Q6UM2t

16. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
  17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    You could be right, gonna look into it with some other journalist views. It also said 36 arrests yet no English was arrested before midnight and it doesn't say what nationality, you just presume it's English as they mention English clashes with Police.

18. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
  19. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What an atmosphere at the England v Wales game today! Very loud, very passionate and friendly, I don't think I have heard two national anthems sung so loudly and with such passion, it was fabulous. Good luck to the Welsh with their game against Russia.

20. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Were you there?

21. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yep, they are a bunch of idiots! They should be ashamed of themselves as I am and there middle aged idiots as well! Embarrassing!

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

24. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    packed full of England fans and Not one of them stopped it. very sad

25. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    More manipulation of the events..
    The bar is packed full of people wearing Wales gear....
    and coins were thrown to the kids , not used a missiles..

reminds me of that stupid video ,where the title is "england fans burn bar down" ..
    when its clearly a flare been thrown into the bar by local ultra's.