Hong Kong Football Thread II (R)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Angsa, Oct 4, 2016.

1. mdhm

mdhm Member

Southern District FC
    Hong Kong
    Nov 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Hong Kong
    After the draw of U-19 & U-16 Asian Cup qualifiers today, Hong Kong will battle with North Korea in several fields of Asian Cup qualification in 2017:

Women team (completed in March)
    Men team (home match in June & away match in March 2018)
    Men U-23 (in July)
    Men U-16 (in September)
    Men U-19 (in November)

WTF was the AFC draw for... :confused:

2. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HKPL

Eastern 3:1 Kwun Chung Southern District

Kitchee must beat South China at Tseung Kwan O tomorrow if they are to stay in the fight for the league title. KItchee convener Ken Ng called for Kitchee fans to behave in a proper manner for the remaining matches on facebook.

3. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Would the bolded have to reside within the country for a number of years before they are eligible to represent the national side?

Anyways looking at the recent matches, I really think Kim should consider calling up James Ha.

4. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

South China 0:3 Kitchee

The HKPL league battle will go down to the wire on 6 May, when Eastern and Kitchee will meet. I really hope HKFA can convince the clubs to move the match to HK Stadium since it is now effectively the FINAL. It should attract a big crowd.

5. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They have to reside in HK for 7 years then they can apply for HKSAR passport, just like any foreigner. By the time they actually get the passport it will be 8 years.

6. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So looking at this criteria based on what is stated from above, for the HK ancestry:
    - Sean Tse Ka Keung (South China) - will become eligible within 2-3 years.
    - Lam Zhi-Gin (Kitchee SC) - will become eligible within 6-7 years.
    - Matt Lam (Kitchee SC) - will become eligible within 3-4 years.
    - Jared Christopher Lum (Kitchee SC) - will become eligible within 6-7 years.

Also looking at some foreign players who could become eligible for naturalisation to represent Hong Kong having met the 7 year residency:

- Dani Cancela - he has been with Kitchee SC since 2010.
    - Fernando Recio - Currently playing for Lee Man Rangers on loan from Kitchee SC. Like Cancela, he had been with Kitchee since 2010.
    - Jordi Tarres - Also playing for Lee Man Rangers on loan from Kitchee SC. He too had been with Kitchee since 2010.
    - Yuto Nakamura - He had been playing for a variety of HK football clubs since 2010 with HK Pegasus , South China, Wong Tai Sin and currently at Wofoo Tai Po FC.

Correct me if any of the details I provided are incorrect or missing.

7. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well, that was very strange drawing North Korea within the majority of the AFC qualifying tournaments.

Anyways considering that he has been in impressive form, I do think Pegasus FC's Jordan Lam Lok Kan is a candidate to represent either the U-19 or U-23 teams.

8. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yuto Nakamura left HK for a short time for Portugal and may not count as continuous stay.

Apart from that most should be correct. But the problem is that they are all quite old already...

9. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The HKFA had better tread carefully if that's the case because FIFA doesn't take too kindly to national football associations who use ordinary courts. Article 64 of the FIFA Statutes lays this out in greater detail but here are the relevant snipets:

My personal opinion is that, like it or not, we need more players with "right to land" status in order to increase the quality of the HKPL. This appears to be a move to target one club in particular: Kitchee. I ask this though - how many "right of abode" players could have replaced any of Kitchee's non-"right to abode" players in last week's starting lineup vs South China?

What the HKFA should be doing, and by extension its member clubs, is compiling a database of members of the HK diaspora. They should target check as many players as possible for either a parent born in Hong Kong, parent with ROA in Hong Kong, or were born in Hong Kong themselves. They might be surprised with who they come up with.

10. mdhm

mdhm Member

Southern District FC
    Hong Kong
    Nov 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Hong Kong
    - Yuto Nakamura - as Angsa mentioned.

- Clayton Afonso (Lee Man Rangers) - He has appointment with Eastern Longlion and is loaned to Rangers in this season. He will fulfill 7 year residency in around 2017 summer too.

- Shay Spitz (KC Southern) - a 29 years old Hong Kong born player with multiple nationality. His case is similar to Sean, Matt and Gin. He will become eligible to apply for HKSAR passport within 4 years after played in Rangers and Southern for 3 seasons.

- Roberto Fronza (KC Southern)- He fulfilled the requirement of 7 year residency and applied for HKSAR passport to naturalize as Chinese, but no more news after he submitted application since March 2015.

- Mirko Teodorović (Biu Chun Glory Sky) - He fulfilled the requirement of 7 year residency since Feb 2017. He is regarded as local player in the HK league. As he is 38 now, probably he won't apply for naturalization.

11. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Shay Spitz was born in Hong Kong then he need not wait for 7 years. He can apply now. Only thing is that he is not a particularly special player.

12. mdhm

mdhm Member

Southern District FC
    Hong Kong
    Nov 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Hong Kong
    No, he was born in Hong Kong but his parents were not Chinese nationality. Therefore, he is eligible to apply for HKSAR passport and obtain the Chinese nationality only after he fulfills the 7 year residency and give up all his nationalities.

13. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Interesting. It will be up to them whether they are willing to be naturalised (to represent the national side) and if they do, it will give national coach Kim further options to consider. In addition, I wonder which players will Kim call up for the Jordan friendly in June?

Anyways, looking at the AFC Qualifications, I reckon looking at they could get a good runner positions within the U-23 and U-16 tournaments that is depending if the results will go their way.

I know it is a bit too soon but considering that the U-23 qualification tournament starts within 3 months and then there is the Asian Games coming next year. Which players do you think will be called up?

14. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Eastern Long Lions lost to Guangzhou Evergrande 6-0 in the Asian Champions League Group Stage.

Well, even though they will not progress to the next round, I hope this will give them experience.

15. mdhm

mdhm Member

Southern District FC
    Hong Kong
    Nov 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Hong Kong
    Go fxxk themselves.
    Hope Kitchee wins the Premier League and obtains the direct slot in next ACL, please.

Angsa repped this.
  16. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Here are the highlights. Eastern really need to sort out their defensive issues.

17. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Apologies for the double post but:

[​IMG]

This banner was shown during the match. I feel Evergrande could face a possible punishment for that.

18. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    According to the AFC's disciplinary code, they should. I won't hold my breath that they'll receive anything more than a slap on the wrist.

19. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Amen.

20. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They will just get a fine.

21. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Every time you hear the coach said he/she is aiming for a point and wanting to play safe you know he/she is in for a big hammering. Eastern showed no improvements between the match in Guangzhou and last night. I guess partly because the Eastern players are suffering from fatigue. They were clearly tired in the second half. But I also think Chan Yuen-Ting is out of her depth at this level.

Looking at the goals Eastern conceded both last night and against Suwon Bluewings, they are very weak on the left flank. Kitchee just need to play more often down the right wing and Eastern will be torn apart on 6 May.

22. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. Edgar

Edgar Member

I have a question regarding the playoffs. Does the League Cup winner qualify? Where could I find this in the regulations? Well, 2 questions.

Thanks!

24. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Can't find an official source but the League Cup Winner does not qualify. The FA Cup winner, however, does qualify.

Edgar repped this.
  25. mdhm

mdhm Member

Southern District FC
    Hong Kong
    Nov 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Hong Kong
    We don't have League Cup in this year. The runner-up and second runner-up of Premier League, the winner of FA Cup and the winner of Senior Silver Shield will participate in playoffs. No seat is reserved for the winner of Sapling Cup. If the team is the Champion of Premier League or has already reserved a playoff seat, the 4th & 5th placed team in Premier League will replace. So, Kitchee/Eastern and Southern FC have guaranteed the playoff ticket already. South China, KMB Yuen Long and Wofoo Taipo will compete for the remaining 2 seats.

Edgar repped this.