Hong Kong Football Thread II (R)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Angsa, Oct 4, 2016.

1. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hong Kong Premier League Final Scores:

R&F HK Vs Eastern AA - 1:1 - Whilst R&F HK maintained their top position within the HK Premier League, Eastern AA had yet missed another opportunity to go on top. Brazilian striker TIAGO Leonco gave R&F HK the lead until LAM Ka-Wai equalised in which the two teams settled for a point each.

Wofoo Tai Po FC Vs Best Union Yuen Long FC - 2:2 - Goals from Igor SARTORI and CHAN Siu-Kwan gave Wofoo Tai Po the lead during the 1st half. However, Yuen Long fought back with goals from newly transferred Taiwanese defender WANG Ruei and Caleb EKWEGWO who had recently been naturalised as a local player. The score ended 2:2

HK Pegasus Vs Dreams FC -1:1 - A goal from Australian striker Travis MAJOR gave HK Pegasus the lead going into the break, however Spanish midfielder Marcos GONDRA gave Dreams FC the equaliser during the second half.

2. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HKPL:

[​IMG]

Hoi King 1:0 KC Southern District - First win for Hoi King this season thanks to a goal by loaned player Robert from Kitchee.

[​IMG]

Kitchee 3:0 Lee Man - Back to winning ways for the defending champions.

3. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Looks like the HKFA have appointed a new technical director with former Iceland U15 head coach and head of youth director with Thorlakur Arnason:

In other transfer news, Dreams FC signed a Japanese defender named Kota KAWASE who had previously played club football in Malaysia, Philippines and Australia whilst YUEN Chun-Sing joins Pegasus FC on loan from R&F HK.

4. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Any word on friendlies being organized in the March window? White had plans to play India but no word since his departure... his strategy - which I agreed with 100% - was that every FIFA A intl match day needed to be used, and used wisely.

5. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Remi Dujardin signed with Spanish second division club FC Jumilla.

6. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sapling Cup

Kitchee 2:3 HK Pegasus

2 matches in 3 days for Kitchee. HK Pegasus and Kitchee agreed to move this match up so they can have time to prepare for the Lunar New Year Cup and ACL qualifications respectively.

8. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is a rumour that International Champions Cup will be held in Hong Kong this summer on 24 and 25 July.

9. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Coincidence that Jumilla are sponsored by a Chinese company?

10. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
  11. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Shandong Luneng is about to sign Marouane Fellaini from Man Utd and the Belgian midfielder might be able to join the squad for the Lunar New Year Cup in Hong Kong. After all the Lunar New Year Cup is mostly a pre-seaon training exercise for the club so the chance for him to join in is good and will boost ticket sales.

12. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I really hope Remi Dujardin and Tsun Dai will play for the Hong Kong U23 team in Mongolia in March. After all you can still change your full national team choice after playing in youth teams. Both Hong Kong and the players should give each other a chance.

But with Hong Kong still looking for a full-time U23 coach I think it is rather unlikely that they will take the chance.

13. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    The situation with our coaches is a joke. Even with improving HK-eligible players, we can't even offer more than a few matches per year to attract them.

14. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]
    Yue Tze Nam, one of the goal scorers in the Guangdong-HK Cup, has signed to join Portuguese 1st division club Cova da Piedade.

15. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  16. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Chan Yuen-Ting (Cowball) has left the position of head coach at Eastern Longlions FC. The club has only 1 win from their last 10 outings.

17. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Eastern have an absurd amount of head coaching turnover. Who is going to hold the players accountable when they know the coach will be gone in less than a year?

18. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Eastern Longlions is a mess of a football club. They just throw money at problems and change their coach every time they suffer a series of defeats. Former player Wong Chun-Yu will take charge for now but he is unlikely to be their long term solution.

But a solution maybe readily available as Kevin Bond is in Hong Kong to take charge of the HK League XI in the Lunar New Year Cup. Peter Leung could just walk up to him and offer him the job. Okay he is also likely to be a HK national team coach candidate but if the offer is good I think he might accept still.

19. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lunar New Year Cup

Shandong Luneng Taishan 2:1 Auckland City FC
    HK League XI 1:1 (2:4) Tosu Sagan

Shandong Luneng Taishan will play Tosu Sagan in the final on 7 Feb.

20. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Sandro has returned to Hong Kong and signed for Wofoo Tai Po FC. As he is a local player he will be able to help Wofoo Tai Po's AFC Cup challenge.

The club posted some group photos about their Lunar New Year celebrations, but I cannot find Au Yeung Yiu-Chung... Has he left the club?

21. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If you had told me that a local striker was returning to Hong Kong, I would have guessed Tommy Chuck or Paul Ngue. But Sandro? I did not expect this as he had a decent half season with PSM.

22. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lunar New Year Cup

Final

Shandong Luneng Taishan 3:1 Tosu Sagan

Third place

Hong Kong League XI 1:0 Auckland City FC

21,000 fans attended the match which is a very good number, even though it was played on a horse racing day. Organizer Steven Lo is happy with the crowd and said he is interested to do it again next year. He said with earlier planning it would be an even better event.

I think he should try to get a MLS club or Korean club (clubs that are in their pre-seasons) to come next year instead of Auckland City FC... Auckland is an amateur football club after all and lack star power.

23. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HK League XI coach Kevin Bond finally said he is very interested in the Hong Kong national team coach job. He said he knows the clubs and players and is confident of leading the team.

24. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Personally if I were to choose between the two managers, I'd opt for Kevin Bond over Ian Holloway. But if Kevin does take the post, I hope he can continue where Gary White had left off since his departure.

If I were to consider which other candidates would be applicable to the head coach role, I would add Kenneth Kwok or Stephen Constantine.

I think that several of the young players who had represented Hong Kong during this year's HK-Guangdong Cup are most likely to represent the U23 squad for next month's qualifying group stages. Either ways, I'm certain that they will have a preliminary squad named within this month.

25. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "Following earlier rumours, it seems the transfer is complete: Andy Russell has been spotted with #CSL side Hebei China Fortune. As a Hong Kong passport holder he is exempted from the foreign player quota."

Andy Russell to join CSL club Hebei China Fortune... the big man has got himself a good deal again.