Hong Kong Football Thread II (R)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Angsa, Oct 4, 2016.

1. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    A lot of these "fans" who are calling him a traitor are overreacting. It's just a camp. He has not yet represented China in any capacity, whether it's a youth friendly or an official competition at the senior level.

Yes, he plays at a higher level than every other Hong Kong player - that is acknowledged. We cannot, however, allow any individual to become bigger than the team. The Hong Kong fans who are escalating the situation are not making the situation better. It allows him Dai to point to the negativity as reason to never play for Hong Kong, much less, switch to China.

If eventually, down the road, he chooses to represent China then we just move on. By not escalating the situation in either case, Dai becomes the villain.

Our attitude should be that if he wants to play for the enemy then we don't need him. I would rather lose with players who want to fight for our homeland than beg for players who don't.

mdhm repped this.
  2. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    The thing is we just don't know. The anger is due to two things:

1) Tsun told HKFA he was injured hence could not join the HK team
    2) Then through a Oxford FC statement and a cryptic Instagram story, we realize he is actually joining the China camp

The anger directed to him comes from the disrespect, lying to the HKFA to get out of senior team duty for the chance of going to a U23 China camp. I believe the anger is justified. If only he was more transparent about his decisions, there would be less anger towards him.

Theres no eligibility requirement for joining camps I suppose. Anyone can join a national team camp, you just can't be capped by them. But it is time Tsun came out and made a public statement or put something on his instagram page.

mdhm repped this.
  4. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No young player can resist a call up by Guus Hiddink. Tsun is never going to make a public statement because whatever he says the HK fans will not be happy. He is just going to shut up and do the China U21 camp. HK fans can get angry for only so long, they will soon forget and move on.

5. OrientalAthletic

OrientalAthletic New Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Looks like a very attacking team for HK.

Is the match being broadcast online?

6. OrientalAthletic

OrientalAthletic New Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    I don't understand it either because the translation to English is incomprehensible.

7. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It was live on viu.tv website.

Hong Kong 0-1 Thailand

Philip Roller scored in the first minute when HK was still not awake...

Giovane came on in the second half and his work rate and skills really impressed.

Gary White now knows the task ahead of him is very great. It is not easy to turn this HK team into winning side.

8. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here are some of the highlights:

Overall, YAPP Hung-Fai could've done a better on saving the goal which he had conceded and newly naturalised striker GIOVANE impressed.

9. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    My quickfire likes / dislikes:

- DISLIKE: Yapp Hung Fai's current form. He's been in poor form for the HK team for over a year now. Wonder what's happened to "Hero Fai"...

- DISLIKE: Cheng King Ho's crossing. Simply not good enough. Also failed to get back a few times, which could've led to goals.

- DISLIKE: McKee's first touch (I know, I know). But it seems his only value added now is on defense, or getting the odd looseball and passing it back to someone else. Or, of course, getting a penalty.

- LIKE: Giovane's debut. This guy is 35? He's putting guys 25 to shame with his work ethic.

- LIKE: Russell's fire. Always plays with 100% passion.

- LIKE: Tan Chun Lok's overall game. He looks like he added decent muscle to his frame - how mature and confident was he on the ball? Future captain.

10. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The team was not really awake when Philip Roller scored. Sometimes I feel the players are not concentrating for the full 90 (96 last night) minutes.

I think McKee had to go back often to support Cheng King-Ho, which affected his attacking game. Of course his poor left foot is also a problem when he had to pass or hold on to the ball.

I think Wong Wai played quite poorly. He was not effective in his midfield role. Once Tan Chun-Lok replaced him the whole team moved faster and better.

Festus Baise is still going strong and I am just sorry that he is so old. I think Gary White should leave him behind to heal his head injury and try other younger defenders for the Indonesian game.

Overall I feel good about this team. I think if we focus better and train a little more together we have a chance of beating North Korea in November. But first let's see what happens against Indonesia next Tuesday.

11. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    I would leave Ngue on the bench and bring him in as a 75th minute striker to cause problems and hopefully head something in. But otherwise, he is a bit of a waste of a spot. Put Akande up front as the lone striker instead.

Tan Chun Lok should also be playing every minute. I think he is by far the best player on the team.

12. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    As much as I would've like to have seen White pick a younger squad, I have to admit that that the older, naturalized players carried the water last night. Russell, Giovane, Baise and Dani played well. Meanwhile, Tsang Kam To, Leung Chun Pong, and Lee Ka Yiu were perhaps the worst performers.

It's likely that we'll see many of the same older players for the EAFF Championship qualifying tournament next week too.

13. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    White said he would still keep youngster Dai Wai-tsun in his plans although he would not only focus on the English League One midfielder.

“He (Dai) is just one player and he’s got a lot of potential but our programme will never be dominated or dictated by one player,” White said. “We will continue to keep him on the radar as we will try to put the best players on the field for Hong Kong and people that want to fight. But if someone doesn’t want to come, they don’t want to come.”

https://www.scmp.com/sport/football...-players-urged-score-more-goals-after-opening

14. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]
    74th Hong Kong-Macau Interport

Macau 1:6 Hong Kong

The B team did well. But Macau was playing with only 10 men for 82 mins, after Ng Wa-Seng (who plays for Central and Western District in Hong Kong First Division) was red carded in the 8th minute. So the game was very one sided.

15. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yuto Nakamura of Kitchee has been called up by Gary White and will travel to Indoensia to play the hosts. He just got his HK SAR passport. He is replacing Xu De-Shuai who was injured in the Thailand game.

Giving up a Japanese passport for a HK SAR passport... many people would pay good money to go the other way. Also Japanese passport was rated as the most convenient passport in the world this past week. Yuto really does love Hong Kong.

16. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In addition to Yuto NAKAMURA replacing XU Deshuai, it seems that LAW Chun-Ting of Yuen Long FC is also called up to replace CHENG King-Ho.

17. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  18. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Friendly:

Indoneisa 1:1 Hong Kong

Oldest player of the team Festus Baise scored the equalizer. No wonder he plays in the CSL.

19. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  20. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  21. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At the same time, it is revealed that Momo Sissoko has left Kitchee as his father is ill and he has returned home to take care of him. Yuto Nakamura is now registered as a local player and Brazilian Robert has taken his foreigner place in the club.

22. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  23. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HKPL:

KC Southern District 0:2 Eastern Longlions

R&F FC 2:1 Lee Man

Best United Yuen Long 5:1 Dream FC

Best United Yuen Long is proving to be quite a dark horse this year.

Lee Man and Dream FC are somehow almost indistinguishable to me. I often forget which is which. They will need to strengthen their identity some more.

24. thewitness

thewitness Member

Melbourne Victory, Derby County
    Australia
    Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Went to my first ever HKPL game tonight. Nice little stadium out at Mong Kok. Entertaining 2-2 draw between Kitchee and Tai Po, for a neutral at least.

Attached Files:

25. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Another draw for Kitchee and another 2-0 lead became 2-2 draw. The Kitchee fans are not happy and if their results don't improve soon they could lose pace in the title race.