Honduras vs USA 10/10/09

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by aguimarães, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I have to deal with his Bull too chango....:mad:

2. Semi-Crazed

Semi-Crazed Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Haha ur sig now makes drunkguy seem a bit foolish lol...Divine intervention;). Now...I'll take partial credit for Bornstein's goal on behalf of "la Raza", he is half Mexican dontcha know:cool:

3. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    LOL awesome que le duela!!!

4. 760Epicenter

760Epicenter Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Level 1
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    so is Bornstein an honorary catracho of the week for now?

5. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Bornstein might be an honorary Catracho for life! I might just get a Honduras jersey with his name on the back lol

6. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lmao!!

7. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    naw National Holiday!!

8. 760Epicenter

760Epicenter Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Level 1
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    enjoy. your team is going to the WORLD CUP.

as for me, i need to go get a US Torres jersey.

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    lol: judio-mexicano. So he's similar to David Faitelson. :eek:

10. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Faitelson was born in Israel, as far as I know, he's an Israeli-Mexican.

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You're right. :cool:

12. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    There are alot of Jews in Mexico though. Mostly upper class.

They all usually have jerry curls as well.

Gotta love it.

13. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    There is a large jewish community in Honduras too, upper class as well. Iwil forever love judio-mexicans who play for the US :D

14. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    lol congrats

Petty arguments aside, the people of Honduras deserved some sort of happyness.

Tough luck for Costa Rica, they were outplaying the US for most of the game and had it in the bag.

15. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    They outplayed the US for half an hour then bunkered, understandably so. I hate that anyone has to go trough heart break, just finally glad its not me for once.
    I think Costa Rica have a better chance than many think to pull the playoff out. Uruguay have great talent but not much of a team, which the ticos are. I can definetly see pura vida in the WC.

16. silverlion

silverlion Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you talking about, even when CR were getting their shots in early in the game the US matched them, then in the 2nd half only one team showed up. 17 shots to 6 and 59% ball possesion, if the US had converted half their chances it would've ended 7-2. Don't talk to me about deserving or luck, the US came through. Nuff said.

17. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Great Lakes Region (The Other One)
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically. Costa Rica never came close to dominating the match. It was a classic example of a team "stealing" a point, even when the US needed a late, late goal to do draw even.

18. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    The goals you guys scored were the hard working scrappy type, while ours were well-created. It´s right on the highlight real on the CR-USA thread. Also, compare shots on target. We were pretty much even.

19. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Well I think most people would agree that dominating is who controlled possession and controlled the pace of the game. Example...Barcelona dominated Chelsea at SB in the Semis last year, but Chelsea had more shots. CR did what they had to do, pero tanto va el cantaro al agua hasta que se rompe, the US had 3 clear chances (besides the goal chances) that should have been put away had they been desperate for points, but so much pressure on the CR side of the pitch a goal seemed destined to happen.

20. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We outshot you guys something like 19-6 as I recall. Costa Rica's goals, especially the second, were well taken, but there was almost no pressure otherwise. Inside the Stadium you never felt like Costa Rica imposed its will on the game outside of a magical 4 minutes from Ruiz. And shots on target would ignore the 4 or 5 horrific misses from our strikers/midfield that didn't even hit the target.

Oh and well scrappy could certainly be applied to the first, the second was a solid header off a well taken corner.

21. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I watched the whole second half and parts of the first half.

The US missed about three goals in the first half but overall, Costa Rica was a more organized team. They kept the ball well. Centeno and Ruiz did whatever they wanted on your half of the field and Costa Rica was able to construct clear scoring chances.

I didn't see that from the US apart from a 15-20 minute flurry in the first half.

The US goals were scrappy, as Antonio said, and typical of the way the US plays.

I distinctly remember one play in the game where Torres dribbled the ball upfield and fed it to Donovan in space who them promptly kicked the ball too far ahead of him and ruined a counter.

Costa Rica's play was more crisp, with more purpose although in the end they're left with nothing. Fact of the matter is, the US managed to tie the game in the very last minute of ET.

Still, the US finishes as the only team to have won more than one away game in the HEX. Certain bounces go their way, they could've gotten three points in San Salvador and a point down in Mexico. Same thing could be said about Honduras at Azteca and Mexico in San Salvador and Columbus.

22. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actually a little worried about the next go round for 2014 and why I really want the region to get our playoff opponent switched (as long as it isn't switched to UEFA).

El Salvador could be a contender and while Honduras probably won't have a few key players, the core remains intact. Costa Rica is fairly young this cycle and Mexico and the US will likely simply reload at positions where current starters won't available. Hell if you get Jamaica and Canada to step up their game and Guatemala returns to form, the semifinal stage could be a bloodbath.

23. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    It probably will get switched. South America will likely get an extra qualifying spot due to the Cup being hosted here and (my prediction) both CONCACAF and CONMEBOL teams performing well in South Africa. Europeans traditionally perform poorly away from home.

24. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought so as well but the conditions in South Africa appear to be "european like" in contrast to the US in summer, Japan-South Korea, and Mexico.

25. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    It isn´t just the weather, Argentina 1978 was played during winter with long-sleeved jerseys. Most European players never leave their continent other than preseason games and the (very rare) international tournament, this in addition to having grown up on their continent with their systems. CONCACAF did exceptionally well as a whole in 2002, while UEFA did poorly compared to how they normally play. We could see a repeat next year.