Honduras Sub-20 & Sub-17 build-up to 2013

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by Catracho_Azul, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    3-1 72nd minute te dije Catracho que van a clasificar.

Edit: Final 3-1 congrats Honduras

Goals from
    Alegría (43'), Ellis (57') & Álvarez (69')

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    WHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honduras played a great game.. Jose Valladares coached a great game, players responded to the adversity and delivered!! I love the unity of the team, breath of fresh air.

Some players I've really liked over the course of the U-17 campaign.. the rightback, Kevin Alvarez.. performed very well, great cover in defense and ran the wings well when on counters or going on attack. His free-kick is an added bonus.

The trident of Elis, Velasquez, y Renbramdt.. technically savvy.. very fast with a lot of pace on the ball and know how to pressure their opponents. Velasquez assist for the 2nd goal was amazing, whata curling pass perfect for Elis, who proved to be a great target striker with a lethal shot once he turns around and he's fast. Flores reminds me of Mario Martinez, minus the wow factor Mario has. Has a lethal left foot and started a lot of plays on his wing in counters and when dictating the possession of play. Velasquez showed a lot of dynamic runnings and cuts into the box and was very very fast blowing by countless defenders on the dribble.

Devron Garcia is a really good center mid.. provided cover for our attacking wings and pushed forward a lot to recover the loose balls. I love his game. Gets dirty and cuts out passes in the mid very very well.

overall good team, now hopefully some of these European based U-17 kids can get a shot with the U-17 team come the summer.

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  4. elosoperesosolatino

Jan 12, 2010
    Junior Flores cap him .
    Nacio in USA Pero es catracho de sangre ahora que USA no IRA al mundial sub 17 LA sale deberia llamarlo

5. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    He's Salvadoran.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Es de origen El Salvadoreno. lol creo si fuera de descendencia Catracho, ya ira escojido ah Honduras. :D

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Call him up to your U-20, seeing as he was basically ostracized from the U-17 team in Panama.

8. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Surprisingly so. The kid has been the star for the team and has a contract with Borussia Dortmund. I hope they snatch him up but I doubt we will do for the u20.

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    He already has a professional contract in place, but he can't sign till he's 18, which is in anther 2 years. Right now he's in limbo.. so maybe offer him training before he departs for Germany with the U-20 team. Wouldn't hurt to try imo.

10. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I agree with you, trust me. I just don't know if the Federation will try. His whole family are die hard Selecta fans so I'm sure if the federation offered to take him to Turkey he would probably think about it. We already have a few D1 NCAA top 30 recruits trying out for the national team so this kid should definitely be worth a shot.

Btw, congrats on the game yesterday. I was watching it and rooting for Honduras. Elis and Alvarez are very talented. If there one thing that y'all never have a shortage of is strikers. (Elis)

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Flores would need the training and best of all he'd be playing in a U-20 WC.. I'd sell it to Junior Flores. You know his parents MUST be upset about how that whole situation of him being benched during the entire tournament was handled. His parents would probably console him to join La Selecta U-20. Great opportunity right now.

And yea, I liked Alvarez too, hopefully he continues to develop at Olimpia and we'll see him probably in a season or two with the Olimpia senior team,, god knows we need a decent rightback. Same for Alberth Elis who might even get to see the field sooner, as Olimpia aren't scared to play these young players. Plus the Olimpia coaches brother is the guy whose doing the color commentary on the Honduran U-17 games in Honduras.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Honduras fall to Mexico by the wayside of 3-1. A back and forth game where Mexico took advantage of their chances more than Honduras did.. pretty equal game prior to the 2-0 and half way before the third goal fell.

Unlucky of Elis to have scored 2-3 open goal opportunities, he really choked infront of net today. Towards the end of the game, the kids got sloppy.. looks like emotions took over and they went out hunting for yellow cards.. twas a yellow card frenzy for Honduras. Coach needs to do a better job of calming them down, but past that Honduras played a good game and didn't really show a lot of weak links aside from the leftback who was particularly bad.. the worst player of the game imo along with the goalie, Cabreras. Terrible job on the header in which he had his hands on, but was too weak to turn it away and suspect on a lot of plays that had to do with him coming out in the box. I liked how we contained Granados.. aside his bike, we didn't give him much room to create and be dominant. Had a nice shot though in close control with his back turned, but that was about it.

Now to regroup play the 3rd-4th place game and prepare for UAE in the summer.. hopefully The leading scorer in U-19 category in Spain, Jonathan Rubio, can train with the U-17 team over the summer and earn his call-up.. same for Enrique Amador whose having a really good year with Portuguese side, Leixoes.

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    http://diez.hn/Inicio/Ediciones/201...s-jugaria-contra-Brasil-en-julio#.UaUxMbXOxAM

So the Honduran U-17 run-up to the U-17 World Cup schedule looks like this:

June: Cuadrangular con Argentina y Venezuela, the third team is unknown. (unconfirmed)

July: ESPN Tournament in Orlando where they'll face Brazil among other teams (confirmed)

August: 4 games against Panam U-17.. 2 in Honduras and 2 in Panama

15 days prior to the World Cup: they'll set-up camp in either Germany or Spain

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    AYER AMISTOSO (Sub 17): HONDURAS 2-1 Ecuador

Doblete del jugador 'Cocotero' Oscar Zúniga, Alberth Ellis falló un penal. Juego realizado en el olímpico de San Pedro Sula.

Gabriel Galindo (DT Ecuador): '' Zúniga Y Montoya, Fueron Un Dolor De Cabeza, Honduras Es Un Gran Equipo''

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    AYER AMISTOSO: Nicaragua 2-2 HONDURAS (sub 20).

Los goles fueron de Junior Lacayo y Rodolfo Espinal; buen fogueo para nuestros juveniles ante una selección mayor nicaragüense que contaron con varios jugadores con algunos procesos eliminatorios y regionales.

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    La Selección Sub-17 de Honduras, clasificada al Mundial de Emiratos Árabes de este año, tendrá fogueos de lujos en julio, ya que se medirá a Brasil, Venezuela y México en una cuadrangular en Estados Unidos.

La Federación de Honduras anunció que la escuadra hondureña, que dirige José Valladares, ha sido invitada a un torneo que se desarrollará del 17 al 22 de julio en Fort Lauderdale y que lleva el nombre de Copa ESPN.

"Hemos confirmado la participación de la Selección Sub-17 para que participe en el torneo Copa ESPN", comenzó diciendo Rafael Callejas, presidente de la Fenafuth

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'll say it right now.. that U-19 batch will end up being the foundation of our next U-23 batch that will be qualifying for the Olympics.

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    So our U-17 World Cup group has been decided!!!

Group A:

U.A.E. (Hosts)
    Brazil (CONMEBOL Champions)
    Slovakia
    Honduras

Whoo.. we gonna have our work cut out for us if we make it through, but I believe its attainable!! Time to support our boys in UAE!!

Our game is the first game of the U-17 WC, against hosts UAE. Pressure is on us now! Hopefully we respond to it!

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  21. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'm sure La H played UAE in some previous U17/20 World cup before and they had a very competitive side, its strange how it doesn't always transfer to the full senior side. I mean look at Mexico, u17/23 titles but their national team.... jk

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    No.. we've never played UAE.. but they have a world renown academy in cahoots with ASPIRE which have Elite scouts from all over developing youngsters from all over the globe to play for UAE and Qatar.. so I'd be worried if I was Honduras U-17 side because they got crushed by Mexico and lost to Canada in the final stretch of the tournament.. not a lot of decent depth either. The Starting XI has a steep drop in talent when it comes to the Bench.

23. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Just checked mate, it was the 2009 u20, we lost 1-0 though. I remember watching the teams opener against Hungary which we won 3-0, el zurdo got two and Peralta scores a screamer, it went downhill from there.

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Plz don't remind me.. all we needed was one phuckin point. Biggest frauds ever.. Reiynieri Mayorquin y Mario Martinez end up in Scandinavia.. Mayorquin can barely even hold a job in La Liga Nacional now while Mario Martinez can never seem to play abroad like he does at home.

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    AY! Our boys play tomorrow!!!!

Lets not forget that our U-17s are in the World Cup and totally deserve our full undivided attention now!

UAE vs Honduras at 10 a.m. i think.