Honduras - Jamaica WCQ game 9/10/08

Discussion in 'Central America' started by Moises, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Whos going to win?? any worries??

Honduras 2 Jamaica 0.

2. kingallan2k7

kingallan2k7 New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i say honduras wins 2 to 1
    and we should be worried
    jamaica is playing for their lives
    and they are a very dangerous team

3. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Honduras wins 3-1. Unless Jamaica bunkers, which they've done in the past in Honduras. I actually suspect they probably will bunker and try for the point away, and then play for their lives at home. It's all good, if I were the coach this is what I would do--no shame in bunkering against your opposition for points.

4. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Not going to happen. Why would Jamaica bunker against Honduras? We didnt do it against Mexico so why would we do it against you?:confused:

That team is in Honduras to do one thing and thats win. ;)

5. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    You're right, perhaps bunkering will not be what Jamaica sets out to do. What I meant is that Honduras will hold on to the ball for larger periods of time, while Jamaica is on their heels defending. That's what I expect for this game. If anything Honduras has shown the ability to possess the ball in larger volumes these past few games.

No offense in the least, it's just my analysis prior to the game. Here's to a classic match, cheers! :)

PS: Who should we be looking out for tommorow--player wise? For Jamaica, I say watch for David Suazo (#9), obviously, but also Wilson Palacios. He had an off game vs Canada, he is due to run the midfield tommorow.

6. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

7. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suerte Catrachos:cool:

8. pavonYsuazo

pavonYsuazo New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i know for a fact that this will be a tight match....jamaica desperate for at least a point on the road...and honduras confidence high at home in front of the crowd for the first time in the round...this is going to be 3x the intensity of the mexico vs jamaica gm...all i hope is that both teams play their best and keep the game clean...

as for a link try rojadirecta.com

9. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'm more concerned of what Honduras will do then what Jamaica is capable of doing, Honduras has a hard time when thses teams go to full defensive mode. Lets hope they make the right decisions. I hope for a 2-0 score.

10. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    [​IMG]
    Honduras 2-0 Jamaica

11. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Honduras 2 Jamaica 0 FT

..... JUST ONE MORE WIN .......

12. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Congrats to you guys. You deserved the win and definitely deserve to go through with Mex to the final round. Good luck the rest of the way.:cool:

13. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Thanks Warlord! But still we got 3 games left and they either can make us or break us......im still optimistic though, Honduras has a habit of screwing up important games. Jamaica played good but a little sloppy up front, and our defense for the first time in a long time did their job.

14. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Congrats to you guys. Great game you deserved it. Good luck in the hex.:cool:

15. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    dude all you guys need to do is beat the Canadians at home and a Jamaica loss clinches a spot in the hex for Honduras. Your team deserves to be there man. Even though I may trash talk alot even i can admit that. Great game though. I only have one team left in qualifying now so i have to concentate on that. LOL

16. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Really pleased my prediction came to be. although I honestly think it is time to start taking Guevara out in the second half. Saul was put in too late. We still need some work.

17. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I know it looks simple but facing Canada is not something to be happy about, i still have those bad feelings from WCQ 2006 were we only tied Canada at home and didnt make it to the HEX. 3 games left.... one at home vs Canada, At Kingston vs. Jamaica (Honduras has never won in Kingston) and A game im really looking forward to vs. Mexico at home......and who knows what if Jamaica beats Mexico.:confused:

18. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Guevara played more defensive today, Nunez has officially take Rambos spot although i kinda prefer Rambo just because hes a bit more experience but nonetheless Ramon Nunez is our go to guy now, Im sure hes bound to get back to the MLS or even Europe.I was surprised they didnt put in Edgard Alvarez tonight, i was hoping to see him play. And as Always Suazo is literally the back bone, the work horse of this team, The man can shred defenders and give good passes.... Its funny how before the WCQ started some posters were questioning if Suazo would even play for Honduras since he was in Inter, but it seems that Suazo is more determine to play for NT than ever. Costly, despite giving Nunez the assist is not playing like he use too anymore, dont know if hes having a goal drought but still he can shake off defenders. Overall the NT played good, I just hope they can keep up the momentum for the next 3 games and beyond. As i said before if Honduras can walk away from the Group of death into the HEX, then they deserve to be in the WC...... See you guys in October 15 :D

19. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Why are u so yellow DCatracho?
    Go mexico for the next game and then we win and badabimbadabum we are through.

20. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Don't trust Mexico, it would not be a first time if they play based on getting Honduras Eliminated or slowing them down then trying to win, so don't be surprised.

After qualifying is done the rest of the games should be used to test some dif players and give rest and protect some starters. Although I would like to win them all, risk of injury is too great.

21. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Yea i kno. I remember in the france qualifiers, we needed them to beat jamaica and we had to win by like ten goals against st.vincent, we won by ten goals, but then mexies "lost" to jamaica.

22. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember this game! Andres Cantor was going crazy LOL.