Honduras - Costa Rica [Sept. 9, 2007]

Discussion in 'Central America' started by La-H, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    No es un argumento inválido el decir:

1- Históricamente, Honduras no es mejor que Costa Rica.
    2- Aunque lo fuera, tiene poco mérito ser mejor en resultados directos, si esto no se convierte en llegar a mundiales constantemente en varias categorias.

Si a usted le alegra "ganarle a Costa Rica frecuentemente" :)rolleyes:), felicidades. A mi me alegra más ver a Costa Rica jugar en el Mundial.

2. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Wrong thread :D

3. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    A tie against Canada, playing in Canada, and with 10 men.....not bad. Obviously, Canada has gotten better but they need to take their chances a bit better. But that referee was almost afraid to card the home team. I saw three red cards on the Canadians but oh well.

But what a dirty team Canada is! They need to stop just plainly hitting opponents! They can't be losing their head so much.

P.S. That red card was BS. That Canadian clearly took the Italian diving school. Well, now I know what route Canada is taking. Good game but if you want to be in World Cups and make it to the Second Round like we have they need to eliminate those petty tactics and have some class. Good Luck! :)

4. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    What kind of game were you watching? Costa Rica were the ones who were diving all over the place especially Victor Nuñez. Costa Rica was outplayed though out the whole match whether you like or not. Sorry, Tico fans, but you're not going to cruise in the next qualifiers.

5. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well it worked for the Italians last year when they won the final :)

6. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
    Se siente la picazon todavia:D

7. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Tienes razon. Ya Canada va a quedar 56 en la ranking de FIFA. Yo creo que Costa Rica va llegar a 50.

8. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Canada playing with their best team possible...at home...with 1 man up...could still not beat us. So whoever looks at this as a bad result for us really doesnt know anything about soccer. Especially since we saw how good Canada can play in the past Gold Cup. This to me is a really good result since we played a team full of players playin in leagues like England, Spain, Germany, Holland, and Norway and we still are missing players since Medford wants to try out some people out.

The one thing im worried about so far is our offense, even though it will get better by the game ( and of course if Medford calls up Alonso Solis, Froylan Ledezma, Rolando Fonseca, and Andy Herron at the same time.)

Glad Mambo was able to score:)...too bad for Alvaro Saborio who is one of my favorite players even though he has been bad the last few months :(

9. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    I don't know, I'm not too happy with how the team looked. Lots of missed passes and too many pelotazos. Defense was ok, but that was horrible marking by Badilla in canada's gol. I think that's why med4 pulled him out.
    Saborio keeps disappointing time after time after time. And mambo, other than the gol, I couldn't tell if he was playing or not.

10. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
    I wasnt to happy either, but considering that we were playing in Canada with a man down for 45 minutes, it isnt such a bad result. And yes Saborio has been playing terrible in the last games, i really hope he gets better, i'm running out of patience with this guy:mad:

11. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    All true. However, I see that you've yet to understand and or accurately address what I was arguing.

12. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    And still, I don't care ;)

13. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    GOOLLAAZZZOOO!!! De Julio Cesar "Rambo" DeLeon vs Ecuador!!

Best freekick taker in CA. Period.

14. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    "And still, I don't care"

You guys are becoming too predictable.

That makes two Ticos in this forum making weak arguments. You've just joined Thomas Trivia. Congrats.

15. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    GOLAZO DE DAVID "LA PANTERA" SUAZO!!!

Se llevo 2 marcas and se vue con su velocidad. Grande David!

16. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    GOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL De David Suazo!!!!!

Best player in CA. Period.

17. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Costa Rica: best National Team in CA. Period.

18. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Honduras 2-1 Ecuador FT.

Grande! What a great game from David Suazo, Rambo and especially Ramon Nuñez. The moment he was sub in, the game changed completely in our favor. Grande Honduras!

19. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Ahuh :rolleyes:

20. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Oye, Ponch, Porque ya todos se sienten resentidos de Costa Rica? Es como oir Mexicanos hablando de Argentina y se olle la resenticion?

21. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast

Your analogy is inadequate since Argentina doesn't often lose to Mexico yet Honduras is accustomed to beating Costa Rica.

22. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    LOL son, you should find a hobby or something.

:p

23. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    You've written nothing but platitudes your last two posts. I think BS boards benefit more from substance.

I enjoy writing substantiated arguments on Big Soccer boards, one of my hobbys you could say.

24. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clearly you've misunderstood the point of this exercise... :D ;)

25. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    I'm going to laugh at you:

HAHA

See?

:p