Honduras - Costa Rica [Sept. 9, 2007]

Discussion in 'Central America' started by La-H, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    GRANDE MEDFORD!!

A DEFENDER NUESTRO PAIS!!

Its not being happy with the draw bro...this will be the last time i'll say it...you're people (press and fans) made a lot of noise before the game. You didnt hear Medford or any of our fans or press say anything. We talked about how great Honduras was going to be as a rival. But then you're press had to heat things up talking about a suppose "Baile". So of course Medford got mad and defended our honor and told our press to stand up and not take that crap.:cool:

We are happy because the team improved from previous games..and we played a great team who brought their best squad (except for Guerrero, Palacios, and Pavon)...and like Medford said...we are on the right track and we still got a lot of players to look at.

This is my last post about yesterdays game....so lets move on and get ready for our games against Canada and Ecuador! :)

2. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
  3. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    [​IMG] El entrenador de Costa Rica, Hernán Medford, al final del partido se preguntó, ¿dónde está "el baile" del que hablaron los hondureños?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

4. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
  5. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    haha. :D

6. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    wow, I am impressed, pura vida mae

7. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I feel angrier when we lose playing Guatemala, and i dont remember what losing vs ES or nicaragua, etc... is

8. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    the BS moderators are allowed to say bad jokes too, it was a joke man...we didn't care about that trophy either... aishh

9. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
    In fact, i think nobody knew that we where playing for a trophy, obviously nobody cares about it.

10. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    yes, I was surprised when I saw it, I am pretty sure 95% of the viewers here in CR didn´t know either.
    But the Honduran press talked shit before the game, now they are eating their words, and the only result here is that they will hate us more everyday, and they will talk more shit before the next game and so on... cheers!

11. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
    That's true, the honduran press writes a lot of bullshit, and many of the catrachos believe all the crap they write, then when they lose is a big disillusion for them, and they have to eat all their words....baile? cual baile?:D

12. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    http://www.diarioextra.com/2007/setiembre/11/deportes01.php

13. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    ;) good man, ur back on my BS honor roll...

PS: At the stadium everyone began to rise and exit at the final whistle, until some dude over the PA system, in broken spanish announced the PK round.....u can imagine the collective WTF??

Anyways, it was cool to see all the PK's from right next to the goal. Suazo's PK and Guevara's were god awful, surprising from those two porque son penaleros en sus equipos, ni digamos Suazo que la mete contra porteros de elite (e.g. Buffon).

14. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    In fact, I have to agree: in addition to the three powerhouses in Concacaf, I would say I hate losing most to teams that we "should" beat.

I guess what I meant was that playing CR, US, or Mex is more impassioning. Thus a loss to either is a low that affects the collective pshyce of the country. Self doubt is more common when you play against the big dogs.

15. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    All BS and jokes aside, it was a good game. For the first time, we learned how to close a really good player out of the game without injuring him for months like some of the animals in Italy does. We have to take better tams who has more individual talent as I believe that will help defense. We had mostly good substance, we created chances, and we weren't afraid. For Honduras, its pretty much the same things too although I got a feeling the team was trying to depend on one player a little too much.

Obviously, Costa Rica are still the Kings of CONCACAF when it comes to penalties. So I'll leave it like that.

16. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Collective ignorance leads some Hondurans to believe anything the "press" writes. The Honduran press is more London's The Sun than The London Times. They are far from establishing themselves as trustworthy.

However, I believed we would route Costa Rica simply because we could route CR and have done so in recent years.

17. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    you could say the same for a majority of the world's press.

in peru, the press is unbelievably shallow and makes the New York Post look like the The Wall Street Journal.:D

18. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Agreed, good game, albeit a bit boring though as tactical encounters tend to be (see: Saturday's Italy vs France).

Honduras does rely on Suazo to score, as they should. He is that good. This was the first time I've seen him play live and from a few feet away, and I was impressed: consistently made the right pass finding the open man, intelligently "looked" for the PK at the end, and always looked dangerous. His physical prowess in unquestionable, but you can also tell he is on a different level tactically and in terms of self confidence from most of Concacaf.

However, we have other weapons too, mainly Leon, Guevara, and Alvarez. The issue I saw is that there was too much disconnect between Mids and Forwards. I remember very few balls that put the open man in clear scoring position. Everything else seemed fine. If this happens in the future, watch out.

For me the big difference maker for Costa Rica for a ling while now (in addition to the touch CR players demonstrate) has been Porras. I can see how you claim to be great at PK's, though Porras affected this round very little.

19. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Not so much as that. Just that we have players that, while maybe not as good as Suazo, still has not only the skill but the mentality to win tense and pressured games like PK's. After all, we only had one that miss while 3 scored. Against Panama for the UNCAF Cup, we all scored. I wonder if we can beat Germany or Argentina on a PK contest or would it be close? They have been historically the best PK takers in the world.

20. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Look at Medford flossin' dat ice!

Metro

21. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
  22. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Explicame como es que no son invalidos?

23. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Are you getting your game recaps messed up? Where did the ever- knowledgeable, and accurate Thomas "Trivia" go and what have you done with him?

24. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    En resumen, me parece que es más importante para un hondureño que Honduras le gane a Costa Rica, que para un tico que Costa Rica le gane a Honduras.
    Explicaría mas pero me da pereza.

25. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Lee la discusion previa a mi comentario, ya que no tiene nada que ver con lo que estas comentando.

En resumen, no me has dicho como es que los argumentos que proponen son validos cuando se refiere a lo que ha pasado en la cancha en los ultimos 50+ anos.