Honduran Soccer..... Futbol de Honduras

Discussion in 'Central America' started by DCatracho17, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Agreed. I think without a doubt, Honduras is the best team in UNCAF, but to say they are as good as Paraguay or Colombia is talking it up abit. No doubt that when Honduras have there full team, they can go head to head with almost anyone in North and South America, but lets face it, they are no Brazil or Argentina.

2. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Paraguay was missing

Roque Santa Cruz (Blackburn, Ingalterra),
    Salvador Cabañas (América, México)
    Nelson Haedo (Borussia Dortmund, Alemania),
    Justo Villar (Valladalid, España)
    Claudio Morel (Boca Juniors, Argentina).
    Enrique Vera (LDU, Ecuador)
    Julio Caceres (Boca Juniors, Argentina)
    Cristian Riveros(Cruz Azul, Mexico)
    Edgar Berreto (Reggina, Italia)
    Denis Caniza (Cruz Azul, Mexico)

Even some bench players like Nestor Ayala, Carlos Bonet, Jorge Achucarro, and Jorge Britez.

This game was just used to test out some new players

3. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Good thing we were doing the same things (testing new players that is) because we were missing:

Wilson Palacios strating MF (Wigan Athletic, UK)
    Edgar Alvarez, Starting Right Winger(Livorno, italy)
    Rambo de Leon, Starting "10" (Genoa, Italy)
    David Suazo, starting Forward (Inter, Italy)
    Ivan Guerrero, LB (Chicago fire, USA)
    Samuel Caballero, CB (Shanghai Shenhua, China)
    Emil Martinez, LM (Beijing Gouan, China)
    Maynor Suazo, starting D-Mid (Koln, Alemania)
    Emilio Izaguirre, LB (Motagua, Honduras)
    Noel Valladares, starting GK (Olimpia, Honduras)

So that makes 10 players (just as many as you've listed), with the break down being the following: at least six or 7 (depending on the game strategy) of those on that list are legitimate and undisputed starters for Honduras, and the rest are def. the bench for Honduras.

Good thing that Paraguay tried out new players, because Honduras did the same, here it is:

(All of the following started yesterday in place of the list of 10 true starter players listed above.)

Aston Bodden, GK (first/second start)
    Danilo Turcios (lost his spot for Honduras last WC cycle since better/younger players are at his spot, and will be a bench player this time around)

Osmán Chávez (first ever call-up and start)
    Walter Martínez (first/second true start)

Ramon Nunez, 21 years old, (first/second true start)
    Maynor Figueroa, 22 years old, (first ever start at left back)
    Hendry Thomas 22 years old (has no more than one or two starts for the adult men's)

In summary, Honduras' B/C team beat Paraguay's B/C team 2-0. End of.

4. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    I forgot to mention the following, If anyone doubts that this was def a second rate Honduras side, note this:

Subs yesterday:

Entra Carlos Oliva Min. 68 (played once/twice with first team before)

Mariano Acevedo Min. 64 (never played with first team before)
    Entra Mitchel Brown Min. 70 (never played with first team before)
    Entra Melvin Valladares Min. 74 (never played with first team before)
    Entra Marvin Chávez Min. 86 (never played with first team before)

Our bench was chock full of first time call-ups, and at that, four of these were last minute replacements for the four CD Platense players that were not released by the stupid directors at Platense.

5. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i only wish mosky was there.

6. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    well that analyze honduras now who beat paraguay whos a great team. now lets look at colombia and this last game 2 to 2 against uraguay. now i saw the last mintues of colombias game and uraguay game and Ura. was on top of colombia who slowed down toward the end. i feel that honduras WILL TOP AND BEAT colombia. 2 - 1. people ALWAYS feel that COLOMBIA is better then honduras but honduras always previals.

7. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  8. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    [youtube]bYAtLskGjWc[/youtube]

Goals and highlights of the game.

9. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Copa America all there players 6-0 lose to Mexico. There too inconsistant. Honduras with all players do good on average. Paraguay hardly.

10. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I Don't want to take anything away from Honduras , great job wining at home, but losing in friendly games is nothing new to us, if you look at Paraguay's record you'll see that we don't do great games like this, that is one of the reasons why even though we are DOMINATING the WCQs we don't get many offers for friendly matches, because we are not serious about games, We lost most of our matches before the WC, against local amateur players (so don't' feel too special). As for Paraguay not being consistent, Is Univision your only source of info?? Paraguay is the only country other than Brazil and Argentina, to make it to the WC every time, since the All against all system was adopted and we are well on our way to Africa, a couple of generations of players have come and gone and we are still going to the WC, with no problems so I would say Paraguay is probably one of the most consistent teams in S.A very consistent in losing friendly matches but winning when it really counts.

As for the MExico if you didn't watch the game, our goalie was given a red card 3 minutes into the game our 3rd goalie had to come in and we went down 3-0, by the time we got our shlit together, we went crazy trying to tie and we ended up losing like that. Like I said props to U for wining the match, but don't go to crazy about it, now you are playing Colombia who does Great in friendly matches and then chokes when it really counts.

11. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'm not Honduran, i'm just saying what i think. It's not my fault Paraguay never takes a friendly serious. If they win important games cool. But i have my opinion, and my opinion is that when Honduras has there best players there better than Paraguay with there best. Before no, but now i think so.

12. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Well Perhaps you can enlighten your "Thinking" with some facts, Paraguay plays Argentina and Brazil on a regular bases, and BEATS them on a regular bases too, Paraguay has to go through Argentina and Brazil, Uruguay to make it to the world cup and Makes it there with no problem too, we left Brazil out of the Olympics last time around and made it a South American final with Argentina.

I don't want to take anything away from Honduras hopefully they can take this W and use it as a confidence booster and make it to the world cup but don't go all crazy with this friendly game, then go and lose to Guatemala or T&T, I think your WCQ's are coming up and that's the place where U have to show, how good you are. Paraguay Lost this game but some of our young players got a chance to wear the NT jersey for the first time and showed their potential, so I don't really care I don't mind losing 10 games like this and then be 1st in South America like we are now.

13. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No disrespect to Honduras who's a very talented team but they can never even qualify out of Concacaf and Paraguay constantly qualifies out of Conmebol which is a MUCH tougher qualification road and does it convincibly with games to spare.

Your either out of your mind or just showing Central American bias to think Honduras is better then Paraguay.

14. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Paraguay is historically infinitely better than Honduras. It's not even close!! That is a fact.

However, it is not a fact that if Honduras were to play Paraguay tommorow that Honduras would not win or that they would win, or tie. Games need to be played before they are won. Honduras won yesterday (it's just one win) and it's not the end of the world or the "beginning of the world" for either of these two teams.

15. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    lmaoo parece que se le subieron los humos a paraguay... their certianly playing great soccer But they arent a "primer nivel" as well... they get smacked around in the world cup by england the last 2 times in the wc and lets not remember what happened to them against mexico...

16. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    AS FOR COLOMBIA..well they are notorious trash talkers... they will always say "were going to blw them out" and other statements of that nature...some call it "orgullo" BUT I CALL IT ETHNOCENTRISM....BEFORE LFSR980 OR W.E. HIS NAME COMES THROUGH HERE AND ANSWERS THIS POST I WANT TO SAY ONE MORE THING.... trash talking in colombia is probably one of the reasons they have been out of the wc two times striaght and the reason why they were the most anxious team to change the fixture schedule in conmebol....ARGENTINA 0-5 COLOMBIA....great accomplishment...but was it worth being left with no wc for 8 years?....

17. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    HEY GENUIS EVEN IF UNIVISION WAS HIS ONLY SOURCE OF INFORMATION HE WOULDVE KNOWN THAT ECUADOR WAS ALSO ANOTHER TEAM TO QUALIFY CONSTANTLY AND CONSECUTIVELY SINCE THE LEAGUE SYSTEM WAS INTRODUCED....GET YOUR FACTS STRIAGHT....AND STOP MAKING SORRY EXCUSES FOR YOUR LOSS AGAINST MEXICO... YOUR GOALIE WAS RED CARDED THE SHIT WAS LEGIT SO DONT TALK LIKE IT WASNT PARAGUAYS FUALT THEY WENT DOWN....

BUT LIKE YOU SAID..I TOO AM NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE DONE....in the wcq...

and BTW AS OF LATE COLOMBIA HAS NOT "CHOKED" AGAINST BRAZIL OR ARGENTINA TEAMS YOU SA ARE GREAT SO EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT YOU MEAN BY CHOKE WHEN IT REALLY COUNTS.

-BEFORE YOU TRY TO BE A TEACHER, DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

18. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Great Win For Honduras, Hopefully They Can Be Consistent

19. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    look at the fifa site its our sixth win str8 on

20. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Heh, that's pretty surprising. Let's hope we can continue this streak in the qualifiers too.

21. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  22. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

23. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Trash talking.... The 'pot calling the kettle black', isn't it? What's kept us out of the last 2 WCs is not 'over-confidence'. It's poor managing and administration. We kept Bolillo/Maturana for too long! Both qualifiers came down to the last game for us. 2002, missing the WC spot for -1 goal, was killer (we nixed our 1st coach who had us in WC spots for Maturana)! 2006, missing the WC spot for -1 point, no thanks to a horrible start by guess who....Maturana. Rueda's inability to beat Paraguay and Chile at home:(--both ending in ties, didnt help either.

Good win for the Catrachos. Paraguay had a solid team. They had some key players missing AND they were playing away. Everyone plays to win, even friendlies, I dont care what anyone says. Honduras won and deserve the applause. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, is that Rueda is showing 'demigods' like Suazo that NO ONE is beyond the national team. Knowing Rueda, Suazo may never play for Honduras again!

24. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    well said, and well appreciated comments, i also believe Colombia to be a great team btw but i hate it when we get underestimated and then we win against a good team and excuses roll out. Its great how Rueda is building a solid team based on local players, with our local league being really good as of late, if you have been following it you already know that. Another thing I wanted to add is, how good would it be to get Josimar nationalized, we would get a number 9 on the local basis who is a huge threat if the ball is anywhere in the box.

25. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake