Hon on the mend. (Hon in this case being Santino Quaranta)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ursula, Aug 29, 2002.

1. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
  2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    That's very good news for the 20s. With United's season all but over, I really don't care if he plays for them again. But, his availability for the 20s is much more important as his presence turns them from a good to a very dangerous side.

I'm sure Rongen is breathing a deep sigh of relief - as deep as his cigarette-tarred lungs will allow - knowing that Tino will be available.

3. jeffmefun

jeffmefun Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Quakeland, CA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sandon - you're tough... the U-20's were the leading scorers and lost 2 games on 2 goals differential in Spain, but they're just "good"?

Also, is it clear that Tino (or Bobby) fits in well with the chemistry of the team from Spain?

4. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    I probably will call them very good instead of good. We lost to an older Brazil team with Caca there.

About if the Tino or Bobby fits in well with chemistry of the team, Tino and Bobby played two years together in same club team, and Tino and E.J. is a good pair on-off filed like Landon and DMB.

5. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Many of those players are from the last U-17 squad, so Santino will fit in without any difficulty. Convey is probably the most polished player on the team, and I doubt he'll have much of an adjustment, particularly when playing with Santino and Mapp who also play at DC United with Convey.

The only chemistry that Convey needs to hone would be with Johnson, Barclay and Magee.

-Tron

6. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    Santino was messing around in sweats and sneakers pre-game and at halftime last night. Good to see him back out there during his rehab. BTW, he has blonde hair at the moment. :eek:

7. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I also heard that his recupperation has gone well and he's ahead of schedule. He might even see time this regular season. If United makes the playoffs he's almost assured of playing. I just hope he doesn't return too soon and risk injury. To me, his most important games will be with Rongen's & Dir's U-20 team qualifying at Blackbaud Stadium (home of the A-League's Charlston Battery) in South Carolina.

-Tron