Hometown Heroes or Fairy Tale Ending?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by madhoman, Jul 2, 2004.

1. madhoman

madhoman New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    NYC
    You make the call.

2. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Greece.

They're playing like a team out of a Hollywood movie.

3. freezer

freezer New Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I am a Portuguese fan and I admire what the Greek team as made but honestly they play an effective but very ugly football... It will be one of the most boring finals ever with Portugal trying to open a can...

For the sport health Portugal should win. The Greek team story may be a Fairy Tale but to watch them play is a Nightmare!

4. Theo the Greek

Theo the Greek New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Canada
    I don't agree at all
    I think the Greek's are playing wonderful Soccer .Thier Tatic's and attention to
    detail has been great and I think thier games have been very exciting.The portugese are playing well and I think it will be a great game

I hope Greece wins it , good luck

Go Greece Go

:)

5. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want Greece to win because i believe they more deserve it.

6. Elitza

Elitza New Member

Jun 26, 2004
    I also think GREECE deserve to be the winner this time. The whole team're playing well and in contrast to Portugal don't use acting or other time-wasting activities(which btw were ugly and very shameful in the match vs Netherlands). So, GO GREECE GET THE CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greece is the new Germany. Not very good football to watch at all, but a methodical machine with no superstars or flair, going on to win the trophy. A very strange ending to a tournament which produced completely attack oriented matches earlier (Netherlands - Czech Republic, Sweden - Denmark).

8. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although the final is over and i watched it i still think portugal will win it. WHat do you guys think?

9. what do you mean no superstars the goalie is a superstar forget his name

charisteas is a super star

they have a latin flair the way they celebrated was NOTABLY latin styled...compared to the cold celebrations of the french and german...

10. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Hahaha! You do not remember the goalie's name and you call him a superstar? Did you know that a superstar is a person who is 'somewhat famous'?

Try Zidane, Figo, Beckham...they are superstars.

11. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    i was originally going for the dutch but yes i do believe the greeks deserve this win they played beautifully and though they were considered underdogs in the begining of the tournament they proved that they can hang with the big boys by showing that their first win over portugal was indeed no fluke

12. yeah how zidane played? and how figo played and how beckham played???

the goalies name is tooo long plus i really dont care about eurocup because for only a few teams they all are not to the qaulity of south american teams every south american team could beat france nowdays and germany too...

13. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    i wouldnt say dominica can beat france or germany

14. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    how can kaushik like real madrid and barcelona? they are rivals its like saying yeah i like manchester united and arsenal or celtic and rangers.

15. dominica isnt a south american team...or america and nacional....

16. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    ok so dominica isnt in south america dont feel so cocky europeans play some outstanding soccer. besides south americans arent at their best right now either, argentina lost to colombia, whether it was a fluke or not that pretty much speaks for itself going into the copa america. so some euro national teams arent at their best right now but come world cup 06 youre gonna see guys like wayne rooney making goals and just slashing through the oposition. but from the south american point of view youre going to be seeing kaka from brazil doing the exact same thing ronaldinho did in WC 02

17. argentina always loses to colombia that isnt a fluke colombia is a better team than argentina argentina is a good team too

it wasnt a fluke that just how things are right now all teams are pretty muhch level...peru tied to brazil urugauy did too colombia beat urugau and peru..interesting huh?

18. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    we'll see come the copa america but i think group b is the most competitive group in the tournament. I'm not saying that i hate colombia or anything but hey where's colombia's world cup win? colombia didnt even make it to world cup 02. but like i said lets wait to see what the copa america has instore. by the way im glad to see portugal as the host loosing. im tired of seeing hosts winning of getting close to winning look at WC 98 with france winning it sure they had a good team and all but they barely made it to the final. and WC 02 korea getting 4th. they were a team that no one would think would make it remotely that far but they end up beating some of the worlds elite teams. Italy, Portugal, Spain. So on that matter im glad to see the host not take home the gold even though i am dissapointed that they made it so far, oh well

19. colombia did not make it to the world cup because of a difference of one goal with urugauy

past history is not important its the qaulity of the teams now I dont care if urugauy won 2 world cups colombia killed them 5-0

and what the host has the right to have a advantage korea had a good team france was on fire they merited to get to that phase....

20. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    I'm going out on a limb and saying Portugal.