Homeless World Cup

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Christian Martin, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Christian Martin

Christian Martin New Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Hi everyone,

I hope you have all heard of the Homeless World Cup. If not, you should check it out here: https://www.homelessworldcup.org.

[​IMG]

The 2016 tournament just started yesterday (July 10th) and they have games live streaming throughout the week. Street Soccer USA, the organization that I work for, represents the United States in the competition and sends players that have shown the most improvement in its soccer for social development programs to the Homeless World Cup. This is an incredible opportunity for these players that are fighting homelessness and are trying to get back on their feet to find housing, jobs, and education. Sports are such a great way to teach valuable life skills to individuals of all ages, and Street Soccer USA has seen a 75% success rate of those that regularly participate in its programs to starting off a better future for themselves.

Street Soccer USA has several ways that it supports its participants such as through coaching and guidance, counseling with a social services provider, and through the community that soccer builds between individuals of all backgrounds. Funding for its programs comes in a variety of ways including grant-writing, donations, fundraising tournaments and leagues.

The last fundraising addition has been that of the Street Soccer USA Park, which I am currently managing in San Francisco, CA. It is a facility dedicated to the sport of Street Soccer where playing Street Soccer supports those in need to gain resources and support through the sport. It is also a fun and fast-paced game. One goal scored every 45 seconds and approximately 7 times the touches per player than the average game of soccer. If you are ever in the area, come check it out and follow Street Soccer USA and the Homeless World Cup!

[​IMG]

Glad to see organizations like this in the world making a difference in the lives of others!

NewLaw83 repped this.
  2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those look like small fields, which must contribute to the "one goal scored every 45 seconds." That would be 120 goals in 90 minutes for the teams combined, which is higher scoring than American football and closer to NCAA (college) Basketball. Street Soccer may be for a good cause, but I'm guessing most people here would not want to watch it.