Home of the reigning Eredivisie champions - Heyyyy WhoHooooooo F.C. Twente! [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well here we go again, yet another thread in what promises to be another fun season for the Pride of the East.

Great win over Utrecht today, not because of the score (4-0, twice Janko, twice De Jong) so much but because of how it was done. Now that Tiote has left we basically play an ultra-attacking 4-2-4 with De Jong behind Janko as a number 10, Ruiz on the right wing and Chadli on the left, but they all have the freedom to run wherever there's space and if anything it's enormously entertaining.

Great game for 19-year old Belgian-Moroccan Chadli and for man of the match Janssen (we were singing Wesley Sneijder Theo is coming!). Rosales looks like he's still taking some time to get used to the team, dodgy first half but good second half. Douglas and Wisgerhof had feck all to do, Utrecht had one shot on target all game. Van Wolfswinkel - had to check to see if he actually played as I haven't seen him. Bajrami was benched but that says everything about how well young Chadli has been doing. To think the boy cost us just half a million!

Interesting stat: sixth clean sheet in a row now and only team in the league table this season with zero goals conceded. Over the past 11 league games we conceded one goal. We won't be pushovers in the CL.

Also: Perez and Heubach said goodbye before the game. I was loving Heubach. "There is only one club in this country!"

2. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Re: Home of the reigning Eredivisie champions - Heyyyy WhoHooooooo F.C. Twente!

Nice thead title! Good win too. :)
    Twente up to 3rd place now.

3. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So far, a good start. I'm interested to see how this adapted formation works out for you.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Thanks. Here's hoping that people recognise the chant in the thread title and can't stop themselves singing it!

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

We won't be boring that's for sure. Here's Luuk de Jong's beauty (from today his name is Luukinho)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSA0vkyyUu4"]YouTube- Fc Twente - Fc Utrecht 4-0 Goal Luuk De Jong ( Luukinho )[/ame]

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I wonder if Derksen is still slagging off Preud'homme! :p

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Around this time last season he called Ruiz 'een juffertje'!

News: Carney and Javadov are leaving the club, not sure where to but both have apparently already signed elsewhere.

Landzaat in on a one year contract.

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Summary of Twente Tifo choreos over the years (word of advice: turn off the sound unless you're into happy hardcore)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTzPOgsAMKI&feature=related"]YouTube- FC Twente sfeerfoto's & liedjes[/ame]

9. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Happy hardcore is hilarious. It's like electro pop on crack.

10. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's some of the most heinous music I've ever heard.

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
  12. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I mean technically he is correct. Maicon is just a human being with two arms and two legs.

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Theyll very likely to underestimate Twente.

14. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Of course they will. Not even Ajax gets respect in Europe anymore.

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Yeh you do!! Check the bookies. You're rated much higher than Twente.

16. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yeah I guess I'm basing my opinion on what some of the posters from Milan and Madrid have been saying about us.

Either way now that you are in Europe Twente will get there, one club at a time. I know for sure the Arsenal posters have respect now. They were stoked you were drawn into the same group as Tottenham 'cause they know you will surprise them.

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm not really bothered about what fans of the other clubs think. The less they think of us the better actually HA! Sneijder will know we're no pushovers though. As will Bremen.

We're solid defensively which gives me a bit of hope. And I think these type of games are made for Bryan Ruiz.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
  20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Ha! Exactly. I hope we'll both prove the sceptics wrong.

At least UEFA likes us. Official news on the Twente website is that a camera crew of Uefa.com are following Twente throughout the CL group stage for video content on their website. UEFA's Agnew is quoted as saying, among others: "Twente is a real club, it's more than just a football team. The club is showing what a positive influence football can have on society." At least we're respected in one department!

Dutch link on Twente website

http://www.fctwente.nl/nieuws/statisch/item_10450.html

I'll put links up as soon as they post their first footage.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It looks like Ajax are charging €230 for the top seats for the CL matches. How much are Twente charging for their matches?

22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I don't know what the elite are paying but for us normal folk you can get a passe partout for all three CL home games for a minimum of 93 and a maximum of 130 Euros. Which is quite reasonable really. For a change the online ticketing went well as well this morning first thing.

23. Tvos

Tvos New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Caboolture,Qld,Aust
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Johan, haven't been on for a while, still trying to believe Twente won the title. Wonder if you can answer a question for me. A bit of talk down here that David Carney has been sold, can you confirm or deny, and if it's correct, where's he gone?
    Thanks, FC Twente, Champions. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

24. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He was sold but we don't know who to yet. Second division side in England I heard.