Holland vs. N. Ireland & Estonia - Euro qualifiers

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Nov 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    I want Sweden. I'm still pissed about that disallowed goal by Dost that cost Netherlands a spot.

richsavare repped this.
  2. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    What about a midfield of DeJong Gini and Stengs. I know we haven’t tried it, hell the kid hasn’t even made his debut but he helps a lot in defense and it’s super smart when comes to possession. I feel he can be a great attacking midfield.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Promes might be a better candidate if that's the approach as he has played centrally. When I watch AZ, Stengs is always on the RW and I don't know how flexible he is about changing position. Promes moves all over.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  4. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I would never wish an injury on anyone and I hope Babel recovers quickly. With that being said though, this is a golden opportunity for Koeman to start the AZ youngsters. Promes- Boadu-Stengs. Unless of course Depay is fit and ready to go.

I swear if I see Berghuis on that starting line-up...

I’m also happy that de Vrij will most likely get a start and I’d like to see Ake in there somewhere too.

Maybe try Bizot instead of Cillessen?

This is probably asking too much of Koeman, his head would spontaneously combust at the thought of so many changes, even if for the better, or at least not for the worse.

5. The fact is that de Roon isnot there to be the world beater, he's there to make Wijnaldum perform like Wijnaldum on his best. That's a fact supported by the matches of Wijnaldum in Orange before and after coupling with de Roon.

6. This combo caused alot of dangerous situations in front of the Orange goal, which also was the reason Koeman turned it back to the normal trio, which also resulted in zero shots on the Orange goal after the swap.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Isn't there just as much chance of getting Belgium as Ukraine, or are you just being optimistic??

8. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    As things stand right now, Ukraine is 100 percent in Group C with Netherlands. Things can change if Germany don't beat Northern Ireland

BocaFan repped this.
  9. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    With qualification for Euro mission completes, 2 questions before Estonia team:
    1. How many new faces will we see for Estonia match? (De Vrii-De Ligt, Ake in the back, Steng-Boadu up front)
    2. I see 7 fixed positions in starting 11: Cillessen - Blind Van Dijk De Ligt - F De Jong Wijnaldum - Depay. That leaves 4 positions, RB, 1 MB and 2 forwards. Will we see Koeman take risk to give some young players playing time in friendly prior to Euro and possibly bring them to Euro like Steng, Ihattaren rather than Strootman, Berghuis? Even if Koeman leave for Barca after Euro, it'll be good for the next manager who hopefully can give us the 1st WC title.

10. Koeman has to play replacements for Virgil, de Roon, Babel and Depay.
    So what will the line up be?

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Ah yes, of course - since Ukraine can't be with Russia. Ok, shaping-up to be a not-too-difficult group then, especially if Romania qualifies.

12. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Is Memphis confirmed to not be playing tomorrow? If he is fit I'd start him on the left with Boadu and Stengs

13. Not yet, but he's not 100% fit and why risk him for the club in a match that has no real meaning anymore.

14. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    #139 Jpows, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Nice paraphrasing. Let me put it all back into context for you. I was merely suggesting that de Roon isn’t irreplaceable like Depay is. Which means he can be replaced, if not by Koopmeiners than by someone else, who can add more to a game.

I have also stated several times that this is my opinion based on audiovisual facts and of course a preference for a different type of player. You don’t have to share it, of course.

At the end of the day Koeman is the manager and the decision lies with him, but this is a football forum where we share ideas and opinions, which is exaclty what I’m doing and will continue to do so. Cheers.

15. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    This would be my front line as well tomorrow albeit highly unlikely cause Koeman.

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So do you guys want to finish in first place or second? I mean we could draw at home too and get the easier draw next year.....

19. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Just lobby the UEFA. In that way you have already prevented a relegation.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Worry more about the future of der Mannschaft than of the mighty Oranje.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #146 Orange14, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    ESPN who are carrying the TV feed in the US on ESPN3 list an interesting 3-4-3 starting line up: Cillessen; Ake, de Ligt, van Aanholt; Wijnaldum, Frenkie, Pröpper, Stengs; Depay, Luukinho, Promes It is only Estonia but this is quite interesting. A back three with two players who are always questionable defenders.:eek:

EDIT: Promes is listed on Ajaxtalk as playing RB which leaves Ake and de LIgt in the middle and van Aanholt on the right.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    the RB problem is now solved!!!!!;)

23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Brazil needed 24 years for their 4th star and further 8 for their 5th - we're right on schedule

24. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dont tell me you took UEFA trying to press even more €€€ out of the sport seriously

25. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Not a great sign for Dumfries when Promes is starting at RB out of position