Holland vs. N. Ireland & Estonia - Euro qualifiers

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Nov 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    This game could use Boadu just for his pace. Babel is way too slow and sluggish

2. With the awfull support Veltman is providing that's useless. Never thought I would post that but Veltman out and Ake in.

3. bunbohue

bunbohue Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Steng for Promes in 80?

4. Donny doesnot provide what Wijnaldum does. It's a glaring difference.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  5. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Donny had a nice start but has been very poor since. Just takes too much time with the ball

6. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    I'm actually disgusted Netherlands are playing for the draw and time wasting against Northern Ireland

7. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well not a great result but we’re qualified which is what counts. Demonstrates we don’t have as much depth as we might have thought. Koeman better play some kids next match

8. Mwah, I think we've depth enough, but when key experienced players suck like this evening in Veltman, Blind and Babel it doesnot matter who we put on the pitch for Wijnaldum and Memphis. The support from the back out failed this evening.

9. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Yes it did show how weak we can be without Depay. Just look at last game against Belarus. But there are some great young players in Boadu and Stengs who should be playing over some of the guys who started today. I am the biggest fan of Donny, but today also showed he is a great bench player right now and not a starter.

All in all I think Koeman is good tactically but awful at lineup decisions

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    I think it also showed how weak we are at the left and right back positions. I know it has been talked about a lot the last few months but man Veltman should not be in Oranje selections. I'm not huge on Dumfries as he lacks iq but at least he would have provided some strong runs down the side

12. However, where in the tournement again and time enough now to give the youngsters minutes to get them accustomed to the Big Orange Pressure, which is totally different from "nice to hop along" Young Orange matches.

13. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    This is silly. Not in pot 1 will mean a tough draw and that you are tired or with injuries and suspensions once you reach a semi final.

Stupid to not evade France or Belgium.

14. Congrats!

15. Eh, how are you sure we get one of them?

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    IMO a disgusting and gutless performance. It was clear with 30 minutes to go Koeman was playing for a 0-0 tie. Of course that sends them through and they get three matches in Amsterdam but I hate this kind of football. It reminded me of the worst de Boer Ajax matches. Why not bring Stengs on for the last 20 minutes? It at least would have shown intent.

The team absolutely missed Depay and Wijnaldum as the replacements are just not any good. Pröpper slows the game up so much and looks afraid to make a forward pass. Babel's touch needs no further comment from me.

The back line was decent and other than the PK, Cillessen was never troubled to make a difficult save. What was Luukinho doing during his time on the pitch. He's so slow to do anything other than be a target man which he didn't do a good job at all.

Maybe Koeman shows invention in the Euros but if this is how they will play I'm not sure I want to watch.

richsavare, venema20 and gabrielguilarte repped this.
  17. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Because they are without a host stadium. Since those will be in pot 1 we will get them.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  19. Okay, but they for sure arenot the only ones in pot 1.

20. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Ok, first of all we qualified. No need to add any additional comment to that. Second, Pröpper did a proper work today lol. I thought he had a good game. Babel...... thank you so much for the service but we don’t need it anymore. I rather go young and quality with Stengs and Malen than old, slow and experienced like Babel. Koeman was really coward but I understand the pressure of qualifying to another major tournament. Now going forward please we already qualified no need to put anymore Babel or Veltman on the back since he was dreadful today. Looks like our core it’s Van Dijk DeJong and Depay, followed really close by a great Wijnaldum. I’m sorry to say this but I’m still amazed every time Frenkie plays. It is just remarkable. I want to see against Andorra Boadu and Stengs for them to gel with Frenkie, and we better start looking for another RB. I can’t stand Veltman there and Dumfries is not the long term solution either.

21. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I understand now we will probably get Ukraine from pot 1 because Russia and Ukraine cannot be in the same group.

Belgium or Ukraine are the only options from pot 1 we can get.

22. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    One of these things is not like the other lol

23. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  24. :D

25. nucgunner

nucgunner Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Van, Can.
    How important has Memphis been this last year or so? yeesh.
    But hooray for qualifying!

Now job one is to get a couple more wide players going with this team.