Holden, Hahnemann: Bolton v. Wolves 2/27/10 10 ET

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by eainterplay, Feb 26, 2010.

1. dwsmith1972

dwsmith1972 BigSoccer Supporter

May 11, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh snap! No he didnt!:D

2. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Amen! Spot on great post.

I put Adu on rough par with another player who has not played much in over a year, but just started playing in a decent (probably better than Greece) league in Europe who happens to play a position that we need help and depth at:

Frankie Simek.

3. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    I added what I think is a key word that was missing in your otherwise good post.

4. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, good edit.

5. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Except it wouldn't surprise me if he does crack the starting lineup by the World Cup. Too good of a two-way player to sit.

6. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a side note, Hahnemann was waaaaaay better the Jaaskelainen who I thought was shaky throughout. Hahnemann looked great. Fast and decisive off his line, shure handed, and was everywhere he needed to be. No chance on the goal either.

7. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from a wolves perspective, they got Man U next week, we know whats going to happen there. And then Wolves are away to Burnley, that is a huge, huge match for Hahnemann and Wolverhampton. They need to come out of there with 3.

8. tubby_butter

tubby_butter Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Providence
    How'd I do?

9. kjksccr

kjksccr Member

Feb 25, 1999
    San Carlos, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is true for pretty much every league in the world, Spain included.

I thought he played great, constantly tracking back (LD could learn a bit about that from him) and pressuring the ball. He never took the risk of letting a player run by him without following. On top of that, he was able to get himself into the attack constantly. He just looks like a footballer to me and like he belongs. I also like the fact that he has straight up earned his way into the team and is playing for a contract (maybe not with Bolton ;)).

On a side note, Bolton looked like my O-35 team when trying to protect the lead, except for Holden. Geez, I was actually saying to my t.v., "don't cross, dribble, keep the ball," but no, whack and right back to Wolves. I guess they were very nervous about the 3 points as they should be.

10. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Yep, everybody knows that, but they forget it about the EPL.

From Holden's reviews here I guess I'll be watching Bolton now as well as Hull, ffs.

11. kjksccr

kjksccr Member

Feb 25, 1999
    San Carlos, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be warned, it can be rather painful at times--all times Wilshire, Weiss or Holden don't have the ball (well, in fairness, someitimes Davies).

12. eainterplay

eainterplay Member

May 11, 2008
    Alabama
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lee's pretty good with the ball, and Muamba is an Edu type (good control and short passing game), but the others offer little. Wilshire is amazing on the ball, you can tell he came from the Wenger school of football.

13. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lee is excellent. Very active player, clever, would probably be racking up assists if someone other than Elmander was on the receiving end of his service.

Cohen is actually pretty decent too, but I don't see him sharing the field with Holden. The Muamba/Holden pairing worked very well.