Hinrunde 2018

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Aug 21, 2018.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hope this is not 100% true!:cautious:

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It must be the "PUMA Magik":devilish::alien::ninja::alien::devilish:...cant remember when was the last time we had so much seperation, point wise in the table after 12 weeks ???? Maybe under Bernd Krauss or was it under Jupp????:thumbsdown::whistling::thumbsdown:

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big away match coming up on Sunday. It is the early game on FS1 for North American viewers at 9:30 am EST.

LuckyStriker repped this.
  4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Id second that...almost a full-on test of our "True Mettel":cautious::cautious::sneaky::sneaky::eek::eek::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::ninja::ninja:

5. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tony at CB full time>? Queasy.

btw: where's @Bananenflanke ?
    Far too quiet in the drainage basin........................

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You read my mind...just didnt wanna bring it up and kill our streak...regarding Tony i mean:speechless::speechless::confused::whistling::whistling::whistling::cautious::cautious::(:(

As for Bananen....few weeks back i was thinking about the same thing...hope he is safe n sound:alien:

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can the boy's open the same floodgates tonight and continue riding the wave they have created so far???
    Id like to see Beyer at CB :rolleyes::eek:o_O:cautious::thumbsdown::devilish::alien::ninja:

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well back to earth we crash in style and a very clear reality check ( so much for plan B & C)...raw and cold justice for our highly experienced coach and our elf that looked lost and scared from the get go..why not at least fire on all cylinders and go down like men?? Its not like we have been any good under Hecking while trying to play conservative...RBL body language gave it away from the first second's of the game...and we looked like farm rabbits...of course nobody expects us to win every game...but i have said it before and will say it again..its the fashion and form that we suddenly lose and fall-apart.The schedule also helped us a lot sitting so high in the table..and not getting tough opponents from the very start...anyways i wish Hecking would finally show us a bit of his wisdom and experience and pull something out of his sleeve vs these kind's of predictable tactics...i dontdislike him but he simply dosent look like a weathered buli coach.
    They where all over us seemed like the boys where playing this game for the first time in their lives....i wish we where actually climbing the table from below vs this situation ( i see it pretty bleak):confused::confused::confused::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

9. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a tough result to watch considering the recent form. Not good to lose against a top rival but still in 2nd and the race has a lot of football to go. Defensively need to improve and show more backbone and resolve, sounds familiar like Spurs.

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #85 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    I was pretty excited last night when i saw Beyer and Cuisance in the starting elf...but we simply cant get it going against aggressive and tuned teams.Nothing wrong having Lady Luck on your side its part of the game and life.So far so good.We caught Hollywood with their pants down and gave them what they deserved along with victories against struggling bogey teams such as S04 & B04 combined with a nice schedule...but against strong teams this season such as RBL & TSG we hit the same dead end.Not sure whats the medical status of Stindl thats key?
    We also seem to have some decent depth....not sure why Toto was not playing last night???We can be sure we would close the season with at least another 3 points in our bag(keeping my fingers crossed)....personally putting down Favre and his victory wave at Dortmund would be really really great tho.I still havent felt Heckings genius as an experienced Buli coach...maybe there is more there and i simply cant ID it.Do share if you see some magik up his sleeve for the remainder of the season and beyond ( after winter pause).Its also about the attitude of the team and how hungry the boys are...at the end of the day its not the coach that suits up and enters the pitch....am still not convinced we have brought back that old school Gladbach pride and blown it into the clubs heart and soul!I still think there is something there in Drmic waiting to explode...maybe with raffaout again and stindl injured he can be deployed...imo the guy can perfectly work as a semi O & D midfielder due to his technical skills and physical impact.
    :whistling::whistling::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::cautious::cautious:o_Oo_O:devilish::devilish::alien::alien::ninja::ninja::speechless::speechless:

11. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rafael broke his collarbone. Operation and then done. Stindl wrecked an ankle. If it's the same one.....................get ready for a massive drop down the table after the holidays. I get so damned tired of this same old shit every year.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Problem with the ankle joint,it just gets weaker each time its traumatized...specially with the anterior capsule portion...good news is that it seems less serious and critical than expected and we can rest him against 1FCN and go from there before closing the curtain at signal stadion and we have a good break during winter pause.
    Another interesting battle against the table leaders coming up soon and lets see how the boys will respond to this task ( After hopefully picking up all 3 at home)??? We where all getting too spoiled regarding the injury package that the football gods delicately dispatch our way each and every season...lets not forget this is Gladbach and it will not be the same without critical injuries...we deffo win the cake in entire Germany when it comes to key injured players...whats even more of a joke is teams like BVB,Hollywood and S04 etc that almost have a whole complete unit on their reservebank are never hit with long terminjuries even tho they can fully sustain it...its very similar to the Bermuda triangle of the Bundesliga when it comes to VFL 1900!
    :cautious::cautious::confused::confused::(:(:speechless::speechless::eek::eek::whistling::whistling:

13. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Job done.
    Nobody got hurt.
    Anybody but Thor on PK's.
    When Ibra is even.................he's leavin' !

14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And, for the first time ever, we won all of our home games in the Hinrunde....

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ibra>???NO!!! :( hERRMANN IS THO...SAD TO SEE HIM GO:confused::mad::whistling:

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here comes another sneaky message from Favre...dont really hate him but.....ya ya o_O:whistling::whistling::whistling::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:
    No greed? Favre: "That's just blah, blah, blah"

On Tuesday at 22:23 clock it was time, the BVB lost his first league game. Now comes the kink? BVB coach Lucien Favre did not want to know about it. His thoughts revolve around the personnel problems in the defense. Apparently, he does not know yet how to solve it.

[​IMG]
    Broad grin instead of long answers: BVB coach Lucien Favre.
    © picture alliance[​IMG]
    Often Lucien Favre makes a secret of the BVB staffing situation, keyword: "Journalists Catenaccio". On Thursday he said after all unmistakably that neither Manuel Akanji (hamstring) nor Abdou Diallo (diagnosis still open) on Friday night against Gladbach (LIVE! From 20.30 clock at kicker.de) can accumulate - both stood at the 1: 2 in Dusseldorf still in the starting eleven. Who will play for it? That was not enough for the Swiss to elicit. "At the moment we do not know that yet", "I can not say anything about that", "we think". Maybe even Amos Pieper? The 20-year-old had been training on Wednesday with the first team. The homegrown plant, said Favre, was "one more option".

Fact is: Since Dan-Axel Zagadou is also not available, with Ömer Toprak only a trained center-back is left, so the BVB will have to improvise. And that against Gladbach, which represents the second best storm in the league after BVB. For his ex-club Favre found many words of praise - many. The foals are "very, very efficient", "very well organized", "very compact, more than very compact sometimes", go "very, very fast forward" and are generally a "very, very dangerous team", yes Bayern would have won 3-0. The big heartbeat at the reunion will not adjust to the Swiss. Although it is a bit special, "but not so much, I've been away for three years."

We hate to lose it.Lucien Favre

The thoughts of the first defeat, however, are still fresh, but Favre drive no worry lines in the face. Eventually she had to come, said Favre. "We hate to lose, but it's just a game." For him, the lack of patience was crucial. His team would have had to pull the game more in the width, have played too hastily. "You can not dream that you have ten chances to score."

The fact that some players had chided themselves to have displayed too little greed and passion in Dusseldorf, Favre did more than clear. "That's just blah, blah, blah," he waved. Tactically it was not so good, playful, we learn we had three points in mind, but the most important thing is to play, "Favre said, grinning so often this afternoon. "Play correctly."

read

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gladbach's top scorer before the hit in Dortmund
    Hazard: "We too have a lot of quality"

He was once again a decisive man at Borussia: Thorgan Hazard. First, the Belgians missed a foul penalty against Nuremberg. Then he set the course for victory with his goal to 1: 0. Gladbach drives with much tailwind to the West Kracher to Dortmund.

[​IMG]
    Thorgan Hazard and Borussia Mönchengladbach travel with wide chest to Dortmund.
    © imago[​IMG]
    Eight home wins. A goal difference of 23: 3 hits. The perfect balance in Borussia Park. For the first time in club history, the foals managed the feat of winning all home games in the first round. "That's a great feeling," said Hazard after the 2-0 win over 1. FC Nuremberg.

The Borussia did not hide in their analysis, however, that the threesome had preceded a hard piece of work. They needed patience until the deserved but lackluster victory could be celebrated. "It was a tough game, Nuremberg defended well against us," Hazard said, adding, "We could have played better in the first half of our attack, but after the break we played more determined and deserved the win . "

Hazard to his "Panenka" -Elfmeter: "That was bad of me"
    [​IMG]
    Above: Thorgan Hazard awards the penalty in the "Panenka" style.
    © imago
    In the end, they could easily smile over Hazard's miss in the Borussen camp just before the half-time whistle. In "Panenka" -Manier had the attacking star in the execution of the dubious penalty meter to lick the ball into the goal, but the ball chipped far above the bar. "That was bad of me, I did not shoot well," Hazard admitted. However, he did not have to be annoyed for a long time: Shortly after the break he managed to set the decisive course with the 1-0 lead. "Luckily," smiled the offensive star, "I've even scored a goal." It was his ninth this season. This puts Hazard, together with Alassane Plea, who taxed the 2: 0, to number 1 in the top scorer ranking of the Gladbacher.

Hecking already sees "fantastic yield"
    With now 33 points, the Fohlenelf has actually exceeded their target in this first round. Coach Dieter Hecking, who played for Nuremberg for the 400th time in the Bundesliga on coaching bench, spoke of a "fantastic yield". Nevertheless, the Borussia want to insist on Friday night also with Herbstmeister Dortmund and take countable. "Dortmund are rightly in 1st place. The team played the best football in the first half of the season," said Hazard, "but we also have a lot of quality, as shown by the standings and our score." The team wants to "accelerate again," the national team continues, "then we can go on a Christmas holiday."
    :ninja::alien::alien::devilish::alien::alien::ninja:

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok guys this calls for more excitment...well i hope in a good way for us.Our game against Favre & Co?
    Lets here your wise and analytical opinions please?
    Past years we have struggled immensly against a semi good BVB team specially on their turf..let alone an in-form BVB
    Well tney came back to ground last night by the hands of Funkel ( which is respect alot)
    Can this team change the tides on friday??? Or we would continue like other visists crash with many goals scored against??
    Lets here it all please?
    :thumbsdown::rolleyes::rolleyes::whistling::whistling::cautious::cautious:o_Oo_O:cool::cool::sneaky::sneaky::ninja::ninja:

19. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would doubt it. BMG doesn't match up well, and the CB pairing doesn't inspire confidence.
    You would have to see BMG stay very composed, avoid the horrible slow starts that plague them (hah!) and kill them on the counter.
    You play wide open against that talent on the road and you get cut up. They don't have their best available to even give them a game.
    If they can somehow squeeze a late draw out of there they should dance. Best chance to take down the school bus will be at home, late on , when it may not mean as much to them.

btw: Traore:
    American euphamism. Even=at the same depth as the defender
    means:
    leavin' = that defender is NOT going to catch him!!!!!!!:laugh:

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea i think we dont match up at all...plus Nuremberg gave us a lot to digest and handle..they where very unlucky to not score first.I just hope we dont go down with 4-5 gates.I agre about D-Line as well...very easy to open them up with BVB's talent.Unless the boys put everything they have on the line...kindda NFL ray lewis like attitude...then perhaps we may have a chance even for a draw!
    :rolleyes:o_O:eek::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::ninja::ninja::ninja::alien::devilish::alien:

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am just saying !

Signal Iduna 1-3 Ghost of Bokelberg

:eek::eek::D:alien::devilish::Do_Oo_O

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I our D-Line and midfield did a good job and what killed us what not having enough fire power...both goals came thru slight technical advantage and speed of BVB players...i expected them to go for what RBL did to us...but Favre seemed very cautious.Anyway probably this was the only game that we did play with a lot of wisdom patience and focus...not having a compliment for Neuhaus was a problem as well..Plea and Thor also where nowhere to be found????
    After the first half it seemed pretty doable to finally kick BVB's aRss on their own home turf....its been such a long time for us!
    :confused::mad::(:oops::whistling::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the injuries, we played a good game. Unfortunately, you need a great game to beat these guys at home. They also won all of their home games in the Hinrunde. Disappointed but not surprised

24. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #99 LuckyStriker, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    The moment was too big for Plea, Neuhaus, and Hazard. I'll reiterate my opinion on Thor............without having to. On a night when the striker needed to set the tone, he played like the invisible man. Strobl + Kramer against that speed = go home. The goal was a gift-surprised it was allowed. Gladbach got run out of the park. Sommer should've stopped the first goal-it was always going to be big. Beyer was horrible, goat of the game. Herrmann not much better. It just goes to show you (again):

BMG is a good team with good players, decent speed and no depth. BVB is a very good team with very good players and decent depth. At home, with real designs on winning things. Both teams had injuries-hell-their striker went out early in the game! Did it matter? Of course not.
    Did the absence of Ginter,Lang, Elvedi,Rafael & Stindl matter?????????? Fabian Johnson says: "Damn Skippy!"

This game is just another indictment of European soccer to me. You have the history, the names, the crowds and the fans. What you lack?
    Real competition. Sucks for fans of small clubs like this one. Everywhere else around the world as well. Money or GTFO. Created a monopoly of only 8-10 clubs in the world that matter. At least in S.America they have a region to themselves to compete w/o much interference. Most likely better games, apart from their desire to kill one another........................

The best 2 players you fielded yesterday were the 2 subs.
    You can take pride in the fact you weren't humiliated there like you were a year ago............so that's something. Now F****** Bayern will likely pass them in the table. Max says you don't need to do anything in a month where he often does something. Right..............................

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Golden---> "
    This game is just another indictment of European soccer to me. You have the history, the names, the crowds and the fans. What you lack?
    Real competition. Sucks for fans of small clubs like this one. Everywhere else around the world as well. Money or GTFO. Created a monopoly of only 8-10 clubs in the world that matter. At least in S.America they have a region to themselves to compete w/o much interference. Most likely better games, apart from their desire to kill one another........................"
    And i agree 110 about sommer and the 1st gate...where it really matters and u think at the class he is rated he should stop the ball he gets beaten:confused:o_O:rolleyes::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
    And yes for some reason the moment was too big for most of our players...seemed even bigger than when we sued to go down by 2-4 goals at their home...same old story Max and co are just aiming for more money and keeping some mediocre standard by entering international stages...and perhaps remain in top 3rd of the Buli table..but make no mistake the regualrheavy weight German clubs have been way below average this half season...will they enter in the same fashion after winter-pause????I doubt it!
    Thor is pretty weathered by now he has seen enough Buli games and international games ( national and club-level) so no excuse for himo_O:mad::mad::confused::confused:

LuckyStriker repped this.