Hinrunde 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Aug 7, 2017.

1. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about 1 legitimate striker-can they afford anybody better than what they have?

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    True on both accounts, but perhaps its my english...in terms of how they play they seem to bring a consistent level of footballing ...if we dont take the results into account.What makes me angry is we go from one extreme to another each and every game...does that make more sense?:unsure::thumbsdown::eek:o_O

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most of what they have have been good in the past. Injuries have hurt. The real trick with teams like Bayern is that they can afford high quality spare players in case of injury. They have pretty close to enough players for two complete quality BL teams. Most other teams don't.

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If they cant , specially after the success and cash flow of recent years then...i have no comments!!!
    :speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As i expected,that's how quick you get your behind handed over to you in the Buli...and we drop down to 8th.What a shame to ride on the huge wave of beating Hollywood just to go out on the field and screw up the next 3 games in style:confused:
    The way some teams are playing this season at top of the table...and how the lower clubs are also picking up tempo and momentum...we have another thing coming b/c with this kind of attitude and quality of performance and how our squad seems to play the game..i seriously doubt we can even secure a EL spot:sick::speechless::(:mad::mad::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:o_O

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So whats it going to be tonight???
    Am totally flying blind here....like to believe the guys have learned their lesson but i dont have that much faith in them tbh!

:thumbsdown::whistling:o_O:rolleyes::eek::ninja:

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All I want for christmas is three more years of top-class Raffael and for Eggestein/Kühn to study from him < 3

Even with Oxford in midfield not going too well and Hecking's desire to sit deep ceding the initiative to HSV; Raffa's brilliance decides this final match before the winter break for the small team from just outside Köln.

Cuisance almost scored a beauty earlier as well. A real cracker cutting onto his left from the right side.

Stindl & Raffa is tough to better. But I would love to see some top prospects like Eggestein & Kühn to get brought in behind them the way Cuisance is able to step in when kramer gets hurt...or Benes will be able to when he gets healthy again.

8. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    you're right, of course - the facts are indisputable, I'm afraid ;-)))
    you only need to check the last seasons and analyze which teams constantly finished in the upper half of the table: there are JUST three! (and two of them don't 'count' because they are stuffed with money ;-)
    GLADBACH plain and simple is the incarnation of consistency of this decade's BUNDESLIGA competition
    which should make clear to everyone that this club isn't run by idiots [prior to the B*y*rn match Hoeneß emphatically (much more than just being polite) emphasized that - "given the opportunities" - Borussia's management did "excellent work" in the last years]
    I'm not really flashed by the way we play and have no problem with critizing things but I'm deeply deeply sorry for these group of jerks who started booing yesterday... bboing in a situation where the team was already rattled! that's a total no-go ... maybe we need two seasons of total failure to get rid of these overambitious, fancy fairweather-supporters who came with the success ...

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and Dage repped this.
  9. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Hecking is excellent in controlling his emotions ... at least in front of the press ...
    (my deepest respect for how he acted when this awful guy - I think his name was Mark Clusterf*ck - terminated our international campaign last season) ... but when they asked Hecking right after the Augsburg-match everyone who know him just a little bit could see how pissed he was that the team contrary to his orders fell back... pissed all the way to the stop

it's not all about Hecking of course and it's not even all about the team
    sometimes I catch myself thinking that everthing that happens on the pitch solely happens because of the things BORUSSIA does or does NOT
    it's the same very often when I talk to other supporters; when they say something like f.e.: why don't they continue doing what they did the first 20min?
    the thing is: there are eleven other players on the opponent's side who might adjust their play and who ususally bring in their own 'psychology' and there usually is the opponent's coach who seldomly isn't braindead and knows something about tactical switches, too (not to mention that you get tired sooner or later!)
    you just can't outplay the opponent all game long: certainly not in even-leveled Bundesliga and actually very rarely in the cup when playing against 3.Liga teams

but, yes, it's no secret that our team doesn't respond very good to 'physical' opponents... and mental strenght is an item for quite some time ... we 're just not a team of that kind ... we are on the more esthetic side ;-))) I guess you can't have it all ;- / ;-(
    but we can do things the others can't... I heard game-analysis from different sources yesterday and most pointed out that at the end the individual class of our offense turned the balance ... we are still ahead on this (even if we don't score three each game) ... something a lot of teams in the league just don't have

you're right, he is gonna be great ... and he definitely should get playing time because he is learning faster that way
    but he is 18! he can't be the answer to our problems and he obviously still has a lot to learn
    I'm with kgilbert here: build him up but don't force it

10. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Eberl: “Those who booed should move to Bayern or PSG. We offer honest Football with two 18-year-olds in defensive midfield.”
    [which as we all know is the control center of the game]

Hecking: It annoys me a bit that we fell back so deeply and let Hamburg come into play after the break. As a result HSV equalized. Today it went turned out all right after all. But we have to work on it.

Gisdol: After the 1:1 the game should have gone in our direction. But then we made a mistake, a mistake you cannot make against Gladbach.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That said, I think it's still a reasonable concern that we are minus on goal difference. Usually that gets one to the bottom of the table, not the top. But the break will help, I think.

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its a first for me thru my entire time being a Borusse which is well over 40 years..gladbach fans booing their team...i wonder how its even possible and who are they?? And how did they make it out of the stadium in one piece???

As for Cuisance ...this kid needs not more integration...just more playing time..he has a great feel for the pitch and where our players are which is great understanding of space and player positioning ...he has great technical skills and is strong and physical...we definitely look much more clinical and and aggressive when he is the starting 11...the guy just brings so much to the table...the difference when he is on and off is massive

;):ROFLMAO::eek::alien::p:D:devilish::alien:

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I called out the exact score line once again on the prediction thread...i should bet some money damn:speechless::ninja::confused:

14. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I expect more of the same after the break ;-)))
    goal difference: one half against L'kusen and two against D'mund alone have brought us -9!... same problem (kind of) last season
    I think it's just a matter of CONSISTENCY again... not the longterm-consistency we spoke about ... no, the shortterm consistency Hans-Gunter mentioned!
    the thing is: there barely is any consistency this season... not only for Borussia... most of the league's clubs are in state of CONSTANT and up- and downswings, coming quickly one after another
    and that's exactly what many people predicted when the season started
    the somewhat strange goal difference-matter is just a result of this I guess

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    surprisingly Eberl's rage is a big matter at the moment... surprisingly for me because it's not only a matter at the Lower Rhine, it's all over Germany... maybe because Eberl at some point wasn't very squeamish in his choice of words

regarding their status as "fans": Eberl ("That's not the Gladbach I know") pointed out that the booers were just some "people who weren't with us when we played in 2. Bundesliga" or just "people who want to watch soccer every once a while" (idiotic eventfans so to say)

I can agree to that right away... at least in terms of the space in front of him... the space in his back is another story ... unfortunately the latter is very very important on the position he is playing ... but that's normal for a player of his age/experience ... I have a feeling that he is learning fast
    for my liking he would be better off with Kramer & Zakaria playing behind him (which on the other hand most likely means that only two of Raffa+Stindl+Hazard can play in front of him)
    but yes, it's definitely not the technical skills alone... he isn't physically weak like many comparable players who like him make use of the fineness of the foil blade
    and he has what the people of the Lower Rhine call 'Grell'... attacking attitude... burning ambition (instead of the talking ambition some hyped youngsters display)
    but despite his physicality: he turned 18 some weeks ago! chances of a physical slump are pretty high if Hecking fields him all the time ... the metering is crucial... they must not run him into the ground ... and they will not...

they said the same about Dahoud all the time!
    and they were always right! yes, A_L_W_A_Y_S!
    unfortunately sometimes not exactly in the same sense 'right' as originally intended
    but still: always right!
    ifyouknowwhatimean ;-))))))

16. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Integrating Cuisance becomes more important with Benes getting healthy as well.

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I easily put Cuisance into a much higher caliber than Mo D...he plays like myself back in the day...he can run and run and while running luck and load his skills...not many people can apply their ball skills while speeding down and up the pitch plus he plays with a lot of pride and gusto ...he can pretty much do it all with a good dose of power and getting in the face of the opposition....and without picking up yellow and reds like our Xhaka...we should deffo try to luck him down at the park...if he can find the perfect partner in midfield...we will be very very hard to beat...its a very long time since ive seen a player like this in Borussia..i even rate him higher than Reus..as i said not many people are that strong and physical with precision ball skills...its just my kind of player:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::devilish::devilish::ninja::ninja::alien::alien:

18. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I guess he's gonna rest on wednesday (if Kramer & Zakaria are available)
    that would be a reasonable move at least because he busted his gut (no one - incl. the HSV-players - run more than Cuisance on friday)
    I would put him clearly visible on a chair in front of our bench to frighten Vizekusen with our further options ;-)))
    but you never know; on Friday everybody thought Hecking would move Ginter into midfield again but instead he fielded Oxford. "I spoke to him and he said he has played in central midfield before. - And? Have you done well? I asked. - He only vaguely remembered!" ;-))) I hope West Ham isn't gonna call him back in winter break
    by the way: Raffa and Elvedi didn't train yesterday ;-( ... we're really on our last legs... all this against an opponent with an unbeaten run of 11? matches...

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We have a bad record against those plastic chumps of Leverkusen..as u mentioned too bad Cuisance busted his guts against HSV b/c we can really use him against a high tempo physical team such as Vizekusen...but Oxford so far has impressed as well...Hecking most likley will evaluate everything u never know perhaps Cuisance will get the nod if he is in-form...after all he is young strong and healthy as a horse!
    :ninja:o_O:p:thumbsup::D:devilish::alien:

20. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Kramer is not gonna make it, so Cuisance starting is much more likely
    Oxford was as good as Cuisance against HSV
    interesting question who's gonna play in CM together with Zak
    It's not gonna be Ginter, I'm 99% sure

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea Kramer is out fosho...i like to see cuisance next to Zak.Its a tricky game against a very strong in-form team.Brains and lots of running is the key to our success...and lets hope Hazard will not need half dozen opportunities against the goal in order to pass 1 across the line:thumbsup::ninja::alien::devilish::ninja:;)

22. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Hazard's finishing has improved (as did his physicality & dedication) but he sometimes still misses the 'easy ones' (like Raffa) ... but then also situations like the first goal against HSV... perfect control at full speed... that's pure class

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hopefully he can bring that "Pure class" to the game tonight,sending B04 to back oblivion would feel so great!
    :alien::devilish::alien::eek::cautious::ninja::ninja:

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wherever you are and with whoever/whomever you are...i hope u are all heading into Xmas and the new year with health and happiness.God bless us all and our loved ones...wish you guys all the best.Both you and your loved ones...dont forget to pray for each other...it goes a long way!
    :D:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am wearing my Borussia Christmas hat to work today.