Hinrunde 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Aug 7, 2017.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Finally had the pleasure to watch our home game against B05!!!!!
    I think it would be a waste of both my time and yours to try and understand this team and its players and everyone involved in this organization....sad to see a tradition that was built on such strong roots over years of hard working and pride going down the tubes so fast!
    :(:confused::speechless:

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Same BS was advertised by the players and coach after the BVB game..Mr.Zakaria go describe your analysis that sounds more like horse fertilizer elswhere!

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh and against Fortuna...can anyone even remotely say we where even semi solid? We are just lucky they didnt believe in themselves enough...or they could have easily kicked us out of the Pokal as well!

4. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks like Grifo brought something different to the attack today, paying off with another road W.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    everybody seen the great Grifo?
    if not catch up!
    his shooting is a threat
    more important: all he does is target-oriented
    and he always has solutions even if acting in confined spaces
    and if Hazard (like in 2nd half today... and -with a little bit luck- like in D'dorf) will now continually start using big chances to the good cause (instead of recklessly wasting them like so often) I might even get ecstatic!
    ok: I predicted frequent up- and downswings... the next setback may be in sight... H'heim's defense was weakened... but still: I'm more optmistic than usual

Nagelsmann: "dumb and dumber"

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    for a team which got spanked 0-5 in just one half a few days before now facing a team on the road which was clearly being on a run (5 wins in a row) it was a pretty decent performance... the Fortuna of '17 surely is no ordinary 2.Bundesliga team

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The BuLi2 is also quite strong this year even though there's no giant. Fortuna are playing excellent football (I think most first league teams would've struggled against them, especially them playing with the emotion of a cup tie); we are playing more attractive football than I've seen from some first league teams in recent years (and Leverkusen struggled to beat us just as much as you struggled with Fortuna, despite the two stoppage time goals they picked up to pad the scoreline); and Nurnberg are finally seeing their youth coming through and taking over the team.

The quality of football being played in the top half of BuLi2 has so far been the strongest that I can remember.

8. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    thanks, actually I've watched more hours of 3.Liga than 2. Bundesliga in the last years
    Holstein Kiel might be another example, they seem to prefer the offensive approach and only lost away at Mainz (DFB-Pokal) in extra-time
    while in BuLi the tendency obviously is to play in a more and more 're-active' and 'non-creative' manner (and an unsuccessful, too... see the european matches)

9. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    so, it's 4 wins out of 5
    H'heim didn't lost any of their last 22 Bundesliag-matches at home but the lost to Borussia... well-deserved!
    it seems we caught a (tiny) wave
    Mainz today looks very feasible
    an impressing win and we might catch the big wave!
    that's when things usually go wrong for us :-(
    I decided to not expect anything mindbreaking... because I don't want to spoil the weekend, of course...
    all the nicer if we pick up the points!

Dage repped this.
  10. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's exactly how I see it as well.

11. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lord.........why can't they play like this every week?...........

12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For many of the players, having some time off for the international break helped.

13. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    because the League isn't full of cannonfodder? temporary cannonfodder at least... ;-) and after the 3-0 Borussia shifted down a gear too much (but thankfully Hecking opted for Herrmann -not Jantschke- as a more offensive substitute)
    Hertha isn't exactly on a roll right now (especially at home!) and we're a real power AWAY for quite some time (before the match a friend who usually is far from overeroptimistic said: that's an easy win for us!)
    our playing style on the road is very mature and self-confident!

next matchday it's time to attack and defeat the Hoenesses (Heynckes is making the championship-race boring again) but UNFORTUNATELY our style at home is weak and insecure
    still impressive how Hecking put the terrifying 'away-suckfest' (late phase of Schubert) totally upside down (we lost one on the road this season and only 3 in '17 overall)

so: 3rd now (Zakaria: "not that important"), 4th if S04 wins today (Hecking: "just a snapshot")... and: Raffael showed signs of ressurection... scored his 75th (league) and 50th (Borussia) and later on one more
    and what about Drmic? got booked! that's something at least!
    but as said before: the league is extra tight this season... two defeats and we are back on 7th/8th

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its that time of the season that time of the season which we create once or twice every year and no other better time and against non other than the over rated Hollywood...we will pull off a massive success and add another glorious page to our club's history and put an end to our weak style at home.The elf of the lower Rhein will send Jupp and his puppets back to Munich with a BIG frown.
    Gladbach 2-1 Hollywood, you best believe it and remember you where you heard it first!!!!!!

;):ninja::ninja::thumbsup::thumbsup::alien::alien:o_Oo_O:cautious::cautious::devilish::devilish::laugh::laugh::sneaky::sneaky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bananenflanke and Rosebud repped this.
  15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I hope you are right but I'm not that optimistic because we're better on the road than at home... the positive thing is that we don't face a wait-and-see-defence-wall... we often perform better against teams which 'play soccer' instead of blocking it.... on the other hand they have offensive pressing power and our defence still looks shaky...
    the Bavarians played CL on wednesday... could be of help... I still prefer they would have played Vladivostok instead of Anderlecht... Brussels isn't far away from Gladbach and they even didn't travel home and decided to spoil our beautiful Lower Rhine Region the last days...

Zakaria is on a roll, so I'm hoping he's gonna shine
    got praised from the Swiss, from the Media (DIE WELT f.e. recognized Denis is leading some Bundesliga stats... ahead of players like Goretzka, Weigl, Tolisso and finally from Lothar Matthäus (I'm happy that Gladbach found another 'pearl')

long interview with Kramer (a few days ago he confirmed again that he plans to 'get old' in Gladbach) today (AZ)... some short excerpts:
    + up&downswings 1: Borussia might be unstable/unsteady but the whole league is... media (and supporters?) are 'commuting' between extremes
    + up&downswings 2: judgements based on one match alone (or even four in a row) are senseless
    + the L'kusen match (1-5): such a half "happens once in a hundred years" and therefore "is not gonna happen again"... the team is young
    + the D'mund match (1-6): a total failure which can happen but shouldn't, but still a rogue result... ... the team is young (see above)
    + home weakness/away strongness: "I can't explain"... "you can't explain everything that's why we love soccer"
    + about B*y*rn: no fear, get on the pitch, attack and watch what comes out of it
    + style of soccer 1: "We like to play ball. ... that's why I like Gladbach. It's always more difficult to play with the ball than without it."
    + national team: I'm one of the enlarged circle... one of 100
    + style of soccer 2: I like the fast-switching-style [what's the correct term here?] and successfully played it with L'kusen but I prefer possession soccer... it's the best way to 'process' soccer... Hecking is the right choice to continue what Favre started... young players & possession, that's what Borussia stands for... L'kusen played successfull but I prefer Borussia's style, it's more fun and makes more sense
    + Hecking: he stands for possession soccer... he does it right overall... he knows how to handle individuals AND a group of players
    + money: I like the wage and salary structure over here... it's your own bad luck if you don't... I don't worry about my agent, he has plenty

16. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite their best efforts to snatch a draw from the jaws-

Baby horses 2, FC Cannibal 1

This is about my ceiling as a European soccer fan.

I'm going to enjoy it as soon as I overcome the nausea from the second 45.........

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You called it, Naz!

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ken cmon...u could have added a few more sentences to the above eh?? Havent i called it many times before on the very same board??o_O:rolleyes::p:alien::devilish:
    Congrats guy's...of course "Lady Luck " was also a bit on our side..but hey there is no shame in that specially against over rated FAT RICH clubs such as Hollywood!
    And Drmic..man whats with him he seems almost cursed...i still believe he can break out of whatever it is thats holding him back...but yet again he cant score a perfect situation at the dying minutes???:cautious::speechless::sneaky::mad::confused:

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hope u are a bit more optimistic now my friend? :)

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    when Kramer went out early I lost the last hope I had!
    but when the Lederhosen served these dull crossballs again and again in 2nd half I sensed you might be right
    may I have all the results for the next matchday?... I wanna play TOTO and get rich... finally!

22. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    they got 20 wins from their last 21 matches under Heynckes... 30 unbeaten competitive matches at all
    this finally ended on Saturday... well done!

+ I was somewhat astonished to see Herrmann start... but then again I thought: he has an excellent record against THEM (and still has, haha)
    + Kramer should wear a helmet from now on (his 4th head injury)
    + Thorgan definitely has matured
    + Ginter again in midfield... did well... even though he didn't want to be moved around anymore I'm sure it's ok for him this way ;-)

maybe I liked the 2nd half even more... yeah I know, we lost it and I certainly don't want to see this on a regular basis... but still: I wasn't sure we were able to defend that way... happy to see we still can... lucky? the luck of the brave and the bold at the most... Ginter stepped forward... Elvedi to the left... Johnson in... and it still worked...

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So many times just out of being "Lazy" i have bet any money on such games..but ken can vouch for me...i dont think anyone ..even in germany has called the Hollywood games vs Gladbach spot on as much as i have...and u did read my mind..i always say why on earth i didnt put some money on it???
    As for Kramer...when he went out i was like..FUARK there goes a massive part of our ability to defend and also attack b/c the kid is a total asset to us...i even wondered why not bring in Grifo?? He can pretty much play in any position plus he is tough as nail...anyway its done and dusted...now the BIGGER question remains...this 3 pointer in our bag specially against a Euro giant such as Hollywood..is only valubale if we kick some more aRsssss on the road against Heckings previous home...its doable imo...so the draw is fair...but i hope the boys also understand this concept..and can press and defend with huge numbers out there another 3 pointer out there will be critical in this seasons outcome!
    :sneaky::eek::whistling::rolleyes:o_O:cautious::alien::thumbsdown::speechless::ninja::devilish:

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You seem to have forgotten one MASSIVE PIECE to this puzzle...Vestergaard was a masterclass...the guy should take a lot of credit for this win and pretty much most games..he shows up game in and game out like a true Viking...if only Drmic finds a witch doctor and clears the curse and spell that has been installed on him...we would have a much better look during games!
    :ninja::D:D:speechless::speechless::whistling::whistling::devilish::alien::laugh:

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany