Hinrunde 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Aug 7, 2017.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our away match in Leipzig will be on Fox Sports 2 for NA viewers at 12:30 EDT on September 16.

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow am not sure how we came away from this game with a point.For majority of the game the made us look like a 3rd world football teamo_O:eek::whistling::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:
    In the second half of course we did much better and pressed higher on the pitch...but RB was playing with such an ease and free flowing football that am still shoked how we didnt crash with 3-4 goals:thumbsdown::confused: At majority of the time we seemed playing like a team with 1-2 players down:ROFLMAO:
    Anywayz cant complain picking up a point on the road:cautious::devilish::alien:

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Btw where is everyone here:unsure::whistling::thumbsdown:??? Is the fohlenstorm suffering a slow death on this forum???:confused:
    I have been dealing with some serious major crap here....shit you can only imagine happening in an episode of flinstones ( but only if they make a dark / horror version of it) stuff i wish i could share here but i cant:speechless::(:(:speechless:

LuckyStriker repped this.
  4. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hang in there friend. The club hasn't given much to talk about absent more crushing injuries.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good result today. Did not get to see the game, but looks like we dominated

6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The team did with the exception of the last 15 minutes or so. But VfB wasn't able to use their chances. Gladbach had not the best start into the season but considering all the injuries, the traditional slow start of important players like Herrmann and Raffael - I guess the team did okay with 8 points after 5 games. In the end, they just lost one of them while should've won both draws. Dortmund will be a real test this weekend, I hope Kramer is back for it.

7. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I'm ok with the yield so far... at least regarding the points... the style of play isn't excatly thrilling and I even couldn't watch the awful (that's what they told me) matches against Augsburg & Frankfurt live and decided that I'm not feeling well enough to torture myself until now... still some unsolved/old problems it seems... EXPRESS mentioned that some fans are calling the dull attacking play the "ballerina-problem"... but I liked how we dominated 2nd half in Leipzig (thanks to CL the soda-bulls got pretty tired and Hasenhüttl conceded that the final whistle was a relief)... still not expecting that much from our next match at D*rtm*nd

bad: half the squad (Kramer most likely out for at least the next match!) on sick leave... AGAIN!
    good: this young guy who was praised by an old guy in this forum before got to play a full half
    "When an eightteen-year-old changes the game, there is no need to say more I believe." (Hecking)
    "Thanks for everything, it's only the beginning." (the 18-year-old)

Villalba saw Bundesliga-action, too that's good!... he and Boba seem to have started a father-son-relationship with the older one ramming again and again into the younger one's brain how important it is to learn the language (I told you Julio! and Lucky even mentioned the appropriate software!)...
    Boba, by the way, mentioned that his mother started crying when he told her he signed for Gladbach again: I don't know what to make out of that...

8. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stuttgart sat back around the center circle and then trapped, and pressed looking for a mistake. Only token pressure upfield for the most part in half one. BMG kept the ball for a week, couldn't find a way through. 1 shot on goal for the half.....by EITHER team.

Looked to all the world that 0-0 was in the cards, but Kramer's face again looked like it had been run through a Cuisinart, so Hecking brought Cuisance in for the second, and his ability to connect some passes in the final third seemed to lighten the mood. Elvedi got on the end of a ball down the right side and whipped in a cross that Rafa snuck through traffic on and one-timed past ol' Ron Robert before he had time to react. Stuttgart had to "come out and play" after that.

Kid took a set a bit later and put it into the box, where Hazard caught his marker napping and broke toward the aerial free. Guy put his hands on Thor's shoulders, he felt it and went down like he was shot. Rafael stepped to the spot and put it away. Game. Only after that did the visitors decide to attack with any real purpose......and I was shocked they weren't rewarded for their efforts......and even more shocked they waited so long to try !

9. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BMG also had some good chances that didn't quite coalesce in that first half. Ascacibar & Mangala put in a lot of work in front of the Stuttgart back three; but BMG controlled the ball, picked at the Stuttgart's shape and probed for chances until they capitalized in the second half. It was a good win against a poor team that defended well.

Happy to see Cuisance starting to validate the hype work I did for him this summer...shame Benes has to be hurt, but with those two on top of Kramer & Zakaria Hecking is soon going to have no choice but to use a midfield trio because that is where he has the most high end talents. Once Benes comes back Hecking will have to try something like this:

Raffael - Stindl
    Hazard
    Benes - Kramer
    Zakaria
    Wendt - Veste - Ginter - Elvedi
    Sommer

Raffael - Stindl
    Johnson - Benes - Kramer - Herrmann
    Zakaria
    Veste - Ginter - Elvedi
    Sommer​

With Benes dropping into Zakaria's spot and Cuisance coming on when Zakaria needs a spell

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes we did a lot of things by the book but despite all that we are still missing the ability to take advantage of our superior game at this point this team seems without a 2nd and 3td gear or players that can be cut throat and finish it clean.We are weak or tactically we cant find the dynamic powerful midfield and at storm we still give away too many clear cut chances:whistling::confused::thumbsdown::eek::speechless::devilish::(:alien:

11. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kramer starts, what a fighter! Nontheless the sport needs stricter regulations when it comes to injuries of the head.

12. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surrender-monkey soccer at its finest. Everybody but the goaltender should forfeit the check.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Probably the best post to date by you on this forum.Thanks for saving me the pain and agony to express myself after this flawless display by our professionals!!!!Just had the pleasure to watch this amazing game:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:
    If BVB had pushed harder they could have rewritten history and that historical 9-0 loss in Bokelberg.Am just wondering what was Heckings game plan????Granted he is no Diego Simone but his been around the block a few times eh???:(:confused::thumbsdown::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::mad::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::mad::mad::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:
    Thank god this unit did not show in Europe...what a disgrace it would have been for Germany and the Buli:whistling:

14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's simple, actually--too many injuries early on. Some teams can afford two full teams (i.e., Bayern). Some, a team and a half--like Dortmund. Most can only afford one. You get an injury or three and you have troubles. At least we are not Koeln--who are stinking it up both in the league and Europe.

We are probably a 9th-14th place team this season.

It's also been a rough year on keeper injuries so far too. 3 or 4 major ones in the BL so far, I think.

15. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I see us more in the range 4 - 6. Hannover and Augsburg don't stay there all season and then which teams are better than us? Dortmund, Bayern and Hoffenheim. Leipzig and Schalke with mixed results like us. Leverkusen even worse. We don't play the most beautiful footy currently but we have a lot of injured players as well. They will return and the team will stabilize. I'm quite okay with either the results and the way the team played for most parts considering the injuries. Only the BVB game was a real shocker.

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yesterday was a big step in that direction. But we shall see...

17. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My biggest concern isn't the injuries, it's Hecking. With a more adventurous coach I'd feel a lot better about you making a real run at the 4 spot.

18. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Hecking was the logical reaction to Schubert who ended up being much too adventurous
    there were no room for fancy experiments at that time (besides: which 'adventurous' managers were available then?) the team was in free fall! a very dangerous situation: the quality-squad of L'kusen stopped their way down much later than Borussia and W'burg never did, they just get lucky (and before that clubs who had never given a thought ended up in 2.Bundesliga) ... I'm pretty sure the club was right to sign him... Hecking did what he had to do pretty fast
    but now we fortunately are 'safe' and subsequently the 'phantasies' have resurfaced again... but with the favre-legacy finally gone (I toy with the idea to ask our sexton to ring the death bell) and Hecking at the helm there unfortunately is not much room for progressive soccer-ideas
    "Look at the table" Hecking says (as a manager he has every right to) but no doubt everything looks uninspired and s-l-o-w at the moment
    I think we just have to live with that situation for quite some time: there is no hire&fire mentality at Borussia and Hecking most likely is experienced enough to not steer Borussia into another free fall... and if we are honest: we all knew that the good & shimmering years couldn't go on forever... not for a club like Borussia

out of curiosity: what adventurous managers do you think of? is this type still hot? ;-) not in Bundesliga it seems (I'm desperately looking for some nice aesthetic soccer-flow).... even light-figure Nagelsmann totally sucked against a far from scary L'pool... while grandpa Funkel ("I don't differ significantly from Nagelsmann") is doing very well (he even won against Union! ;-)
    do you have any feasible names for us? I don't ask because I think there aren't any I just can't rate the most (younger) 2.BL managers (f.e.)

where do we end up? I have no idea! apparently the only reason we are 7th is that more or less whole Bundesliga is in pretty pretty bad shape right now...

19. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Job done @ Bremen. 2 quality tallies, so many chances to run away and hide gone begging........

Nice to Ibra back out there. Hope he lasts longer this go-round.

Rosebud repped this.
  20. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pleased with the current league spot. There's room for improvement, but our record is decent (though we have played the bottom dwellers already).

21. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad I didn't watch that. Ugly.....

22. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looked at the box score to see how many horses got sent to the stable.

Found out there were none..........:eek:

23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sent to France for dinner....;);)

LuckyStriker repped this.
  24. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    without question: first half was worth watching... I'm not kidding... v-e-r-y, v-e-r-y- g-o-o-d!
    then something went wrong... massively wrong... easy turnovers in midfield in final-stage-Schubert-style...COMBINED with bad defending of the back four... very weird and very frustrating the whole
    our former striker (now coaching L'kusen) put it like that: "It's difficult to explain a match like this." "The win was well-earned. But in this amount... lucky."
    BILD thinks Düsseldorf is favourite now on tuesday!
    I'm very curious what's gonna happen tomorrow (and to watch Neuhaus who got good press galore the last weeks)...
    I expect a BORUSSIA-season of frequent up- and downswings therefore my money defintely is NOT on Fortuna

25. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Zakaria yesterday about the match on Saturday:
    "I still don't understand how we could play like that."
    "It was a sensational first half."
    "What happened after that was a blackout."