Hinrunde 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Aug 7, 2017.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to start the new thread for the new season...

2. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Will definitely be exciting to watch all of the young midfield talent break in this year. Hopefully not having europe this year lets the squad stay fit & fresh.

3. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are there any young German talent who may have a breakout this season in Gladbach?

4. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    na, our youth department isn't that productive at the moment... it's a 'bump' says Eberl, meaning: more to come in the next age groups but not this season
    Hanraths might be a player to watch... but I'm not that close to Borussia's youth teams
    Rosebud holds Neuhaus in high regard... he may 'break through' but at Düsseldorf (2nd tier, on loan)
    for my liking Nicolas looks very promising but how is a third goalie gonna break through?
    only Mayer (CB) might get some minutes but only if we are plagued by injury

anyway: I'm very happy Eberl palmed youngster Sinan Kurt off on your exorbitant rich (and in this case unrefined) club for 3M? (without having played Bundesliga for a minute) cause it seems he doesn't live up to the hype at that time ;-))) yeah, little pleasures...

Dage and dips82 repped this.
  5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ter Stegen managed it....

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    that was a wonder! i guess i just wouldn't presume to think I could have seen another ter Stegen ;-) what are the chances?
    but you are totally right: when Bailly was injured 2nd goalie Heimeroth came in... when Bailly was back and started his slapstick performances the master brought ter Stegen in... and we never looked back

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    MAtS also didn't have a Sommer to take the job from.

8. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    they did it!

the wild boar, the bull, the long awaited CF, the solution to all our push force problems (and more!) is in!!!
    it's:
    B_O_B_A_D_I_L_L_A ! ! ! (two year contract)
    he was sorted out by Favre, had discipline problems at the time, was injured a lot and is already 30!
    sounds pretty bad, doesn't it?
    funny thing: yesterday I scanned the BuLi-squads and when looking at Augsburg's I thought 'Boba? Why not?'
    didn't follow him thoroughly since he left but I think this maybe isn't as bad as it sounds: most likely he's affordable, agrees with not beeing a starter ... and he knows BuLi, he knows the club and knows how to push forward using his body ... giving our limitations and the limitations on the transfer market (a lot of clubs are looking for a CF: Bremen, Leverkusen f.e.) I can live with that...
    of course a young Lewandowski or Dzeko would have been better... but what are the chances? besides this: both of them needed their time to adapt (L's class only became apparent in his 2nd season) but we need an option right now and Boba hopefully is going to be this option...

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  9. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    http://bundesligafanatic.com/let-the-ball-do-the-talking/

I wasn't nearly as optimistic regarding the cup-match
    after the win we got plenty of Hofmann-stories and "we always kept calm"-slogans pretending that everything is fine but in 2nd half I began to feel more than a little bit worried: the team was one goal behind but most of the time didn't manage to speed up it's combination-soccer to a level a fourth tier team isn't comfortabel with... and if the flow isn't right and the passing not fast enough you at least need an option in front...
    (at least Borussia won: the famous laughingstock HSV outnumbered Enoch's Osnabrück (3rd tier) from 18th minute on and got three goals against them afterwards!)

10. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed-all the Argentine-Paraguayans then ! :)
    Not Drmic.......it's a start.
    Now; if they could only find a Raffa option...........

11. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    you are insatiable ;-)
    they think the Raffa option is already there I guess
    I just hope Boba isn't joining Drmic too often...

12. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Feels crazy to have the derby right at the first matchday. Köln played a very good preseason, will be a cracker. They're again one of the main competitors for European competition.

13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For North American viewers, our game is on live at noon (EDT) on Fox Sports 1 on Sunday the 20th.

panicfc repped this.
  14. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 points gained in a game long on style, but short on substance. Nice when your defense can help out your offense now and again.

Ibra and Elvedi had particularly strong games from what I was able to see. (lost feed most of second half). Saw the new F get a few minutes.......he does give them a different look off the bench. We'll see how he's used when he fully integrates, but optionality = good.

15. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was a good team performance especially so early into the season against a good opponent. The lads were dominant over most parts of the games with a lot of chances, very good position based game and fluid combinations.

Our two new guys with a confident performance.

16. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DERBYSIEG!!

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3 points in the bag to start the campaign at the Park eh??? No complaints there...but for the amount of chances we had up front clear cut scoring chances...we looked still confused and toothless.Effze seemed out of gas and a bit out of it ...or we would have been punished!
    Lets see how the lads perform on the road and get a better feel for things to come in the future this season.
    :sneaky::eek::rolleyes::cautious::alien::devilish::devilish::ninja:

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Always liked Boba...i think he got a raw deal when favre was commander in chief.So yea am excited to see him back and hope he can tear it apart up front with his style of physical hard nose footballo_O:cautious::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::whistling:

20. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's just to show a different look at times that I think could be of service in certain games. I'm not expecting the guy to reinvent the wheel, just maybe hold up a ball or two for the calvary or find some pockets of space to release some quality shots in the box. This team could really use a mobile, potent finisher up top. Grifo didn't make it to game 1 without hurting a knee apparently.......:(

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My buddy in Argentina is the scout who discovered Bobadilla for Grasshoppers way back when.

LuckyStriker repped this.
  22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think he has more gas in his tank than what most people think.I agree about creating a different look for us up front and even behind our attacking line...but that's exactly were we have been screwing up for many years.If this guy is fit and stay's away from silly monkey business and finds his rhythm he can do a lot more damage to the opposition ...that's what i think.Specially in Gladbach right now this team has so many supporting young talent for him on the pitch...if Boba plays his card's right he can leave a huge mark on this season and our success!

23. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Didn't expect Herrmann over Traoré, wow. Let's win in their house, finally!

24. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read they threw away the win in the last minute of regulation. The way it came over the wire, it felt like they got run off the pitch in the second half. Front line doing Jack Squat so far this year. Wish I could say I'm surprised.......

25. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hopefully this teaches Hecking his lesson about just sitting back & countering with a 1 goal lead instead of continuing to play and control the match while pushing for that 2 goal buffer.

Such a shame such a cool club picks such a conservative cookie-cutter coach...hopefully Tuchel is sick of big clubs and Eberl can convince him to take over at some point...

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.