Hindsight isn't 2020 - The 2019-20 Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Barca has taken #1 spot in the club revenue list according to Deloitte. $935m (840m Euros) last year. 23%+ increase over previous period.

"Deloitte notes that FC Barcelona, which finished second last year, has gone from 690.4 million euros in the 2017/18 season to 840.8 million in 2018/19 (in accordance with the methodology that the company uses to calculate its figures), and attributes this rise of 150.4 million to the Club’s change of policy regarding certain operations, particularly taking over management of its own commercial licenses via the Barça Licensing & Merchandising (BLM) company that was set up for this purpose in July 2018. “Recognizing the power of its name, the Club has acquired control of its merchandising and commercial licenses, rather than entrusting them to third party operations”, states Deloitte in its report. "

I guess Barto is doing something right.

2. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is that Setien lasts 18 months and Xavi stays at Al Sadd till 2021, and promises to coach Barca if his favorite candidate, Victor Font, is elected president, at which point Barca has included a clause (not Xavi dependent) where the new President can cancel his contract (presumably with some payment, but not nearly as much as paying the last full season's wages). https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/the-electoral-clause-in-quique-setiens-contract-at-barca-7806280

https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/...na-presidential-candidate-victor-font-7461645

The fifth and final reason is a more complicated one - a 'moral' commitment to Victor Font, a candidate in Barcelona's presidential elections. Elections are next year, when Xavi's contract with Al Sadd comes to an end. All things considered, perhaps it'll be next year that he really has his eyes on the job. :https://www.givemesport.com/1537451...ejecting-recent-offer-to-be-barcelona-manager

Valverde latest victim of Divock Origi curse: https://www.givemesport.com/1537961...curse?utm_source=carousel&utm_medium=internal

3. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I mean this board is finished next year. We’ll have a great dude running our club again and great managers would automatically sign for us. Klopp did say he’s going on a break when he leaves Liverpool, but Pep is still available. Then there’s the fact that Xavi wants to coach us ofc. Thing is if Setien does well then he should stay.

4. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Apparently, Setien wants Coutinho back from what I’ve heard. I don’t know how he’s going to utilise him?

5. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good. Setien definitely doesn’t seem to be a guy who could be controlled by this board. Iirc he left Las Palmas due to a dispute with the board and stuff. He should be strict considering the players were slacking off. Also, what was that “Pique partying” stuff all about?

6. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Btw Setien does look a bit Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I don't think its been mentioned, but not sure: Barca drew third-flight Ibiza in the CdR round of 32 to be played mid-week next week. Nice vacation. I guess Shakira is going.

unclesox and ShortyMac repped this.
  8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    utz utz utz utz utz

ShortyMac repped this.
  9. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    It seems that Setien is quite strict. Dont know what Messi,Pique...think about him.Will they listen to him?

10. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So how tf did they survive under Pep? If they can’t handle the manager being strict, then they should ******** off.

11. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What Setien should do is sell all those bloody slackers who can’t handle the pressure. If Pique doesn’t want to train then he should ******** off to Man Utd.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Different times. Players were young. And all that strictness wore out on the players.

13. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Then they should leave. The more experienced you’re, the more disciplined you should be. There’s a particular reason Mourinho prefers working with older players iirc.

14. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Plus, Messi is definitely serious, but his mental strength have dipped. You could see him get pissed for example these days. Pique should never be made our president due to his shitty attitude. If he’s partying hard and doesn’t take his job seriously then nah son. Let him go ******** Shakira and please leave Tennis out of it. I don’t want that moron ruining the game of Tennis with his garbage ideas. Sorry to say, but I’ve completely lost respect for Pique. At least Ramos trains hard and takes his job seriously despite his arrogant behaviour.

15. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I remember when Romario didn’t like training hard and Cruyff sent him packing. That’s how it should be and manager should’ve more authority over a damn player. FDJ, Messi, Suarez and Ter Stegan seem to be the only players who actually give a ******** what’s going on. FDJ’s recent tweet which is deleted definitely suggests that the team team was slacking badly. Talent means jackshit if you ain’t training hard. I really wish football was such that the manager had the biggest authority in an organisation, even above the damn President. It’s basically like how a film producer interferes with a director

16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not to comment on your views of our players being lazy etc (more than saying that I disagree), but just about Mourinho. Yes, there is a particular reason for that, but it's not that older people are more disciplines, it's that he is not a coach who excels at developing young players into world class players, he is more in his own element when he short-term squeezes something out of prime-age players. And I don't mean this necessarily as a criticism on him.

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I’m glad he’s gone but if this new guy believes in tika taka meshed with a high pressing game then we’re screwed as we just don’t have the players suited to the pressing game

18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Maybe we should have signed Xavi as well ... to work under the new guy for 6 or 18 months ..

19. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    We played crap football though ... if you ask anyone who plays the best football now ... most would quite rightly suggest Liverpool.. even flamin Leicester fecking City are playing football we can only dream about ..

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    If they’re admitting Messi’s legs have gone ( despite being two years younger than flamin Cronaldo) then they should have two fast paced , hard working forwards to play with and support him ... not fecking Suarez and Dembele ...

21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Properly ?

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    How lucky is Pique ... playing for Barca and Spain through their glory times and then going home to Shakira !!

23. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You disagree on our players being lazy? Only few of them are actually training hard and I’ve mentioned them above.

24. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  25. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Setien had the guts to cancel their day off. This is good in my eyes and them working two sessions makes me happy.

inswinger repped this.