Hidetoshi Nakata

Discussion in 'Japan' started by jameschua, Apr 20, 2007.

1. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You did not read the signature carefully :rolleyes:

2. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    At his top, in Roma, he was one of the best players in the world. So good that Totti got jealous and had him to go.

At the same time, he dumped his Italian manager (who had been previously one of the managers of Maradona) to go 100% with Sunny Side Up, and nobody who knew how to deal with Italian press and managers took care of him anymore.

So, Nakata had two fantastic years in Italy, the first two. But from then on, it was all downhill. That's why he ended up in a crappy English team, with a crappy manager.

His refusal to return to J-League and his early departure were really, really disappointing.

Overall it seems to me that Nakamura and perhaps even Inamoto and Ono had more fulfilling careers.

3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is that Totti part true?

4. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    ah, good post.

however, i wasn't disappointed with his early retirement because it didn't shock me at all. he always seemed to be one of those players that would find fulfillment in life doing other things.

however, it's interesting that since roma and when he became a celebrity, his career went downhill.

your last point is interesting as it's something i've thought about before. i've already talked about nakamura's career. but i do agree to an extent about inamoto and ono. they may not have as illustrious of careers as hide, but at the end of the day, i think you could indeed argue that they had a more complete playing career.

and is it true about totti? i thought that was just speculation since they never seemed to really get along.

5. ultra_ultra redded

Apr 9, 2008
    Nakata was never one the best player in the world. Nakata was a back-member of Fransesco Totti. Since Nakata got little chance to play, he had top transfer to Parma.

6. great_slice redded

Apr 5, 2008
    New York
    Of course it's not true. Capello at that time rated Totti higher than Nakata, so he utilized Totti more than Nakata.
    Nakata admitted than Totti was better than Nakata himself, but he was furious that Capello didn't give as much chance he thought.
    So Nakata decided to leave Roma.

7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Totti had even signed a pre-contract with AC Milan.

8. dj_funk redded

dj_funk redded Red Card

Apr 5, 2008
    :eek: :D Totti never leave Roma. He even denied going to Real Madrid.
    He never signed a pre-contract with AC Milan.
    As a result, Nakata is the one who left Roma.

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So he went to Roma as soon as Nakata left?

10. ultra_ultra redded

Apr 9, 2008
    No!
    Nakata has always been a back-up member of Fransesco Totti.
    Sometimes, they played together in a field.
    Nakata played in defensive-midfeld while Totti in attacking-midfield.

Capello chose Totti over Nakata because Totti was simply more reliable than Nakata.
    Since Capello favoured Totti over Nakata, so Nakata decided to leave Roma.

PS: Totti has never signed a pre-contract of AC Milan. Totti's hometown is Rome and he would never leave AS Roma. If you follow Serie-A regularly, you would know that. Totti will never leave AS ROMA.
    He promised himself that he would never leave AS ROMA until AS ROMA win Champions League.
    Just like Raul Gonzalez is the icon of Real Madrid, Totti is the icon of AS Roma.

11. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No, Totti was at Roma all his career.

12. dj_funk redded

dj_funk redded Red Card

Apr 5, 2008
    NO NO NO. Totti has never left AS ROMA.
    Totti and Nakata were competing each other. Above all, Totti was survived and Nakata remained as a back-up member.
    In other words, Nakata lost to Totti. That's why Nakata transferred to AC Parma. Nakata wasn't good at parma either. So he moved to Bologna and he wasn't good there either. So he moved to Fiorentina and was terrible there too.
    After all, he moved to Bolton as a loan player. But manager of Bolton at tha time didn't like Nakata because he thought Nakata wasn't good enough. After WC2006, the manager didn't want to buy Nakata.
    So after World Cup 2006, Nakata retired.

13. ultra_ultra redded

Apr 9, 2008
    So, Totti is keeping up his career just fine.
    He was also a key player for Azzuri for Italian team in winning World Cup.
    But Nakata's fate has become horrible afterwards.
    After he left Roma, he was going down and down.
    He scored one single goal against Tunisia in 2002. In 2006, he played OK but didn't score anything.

Actually, comparison between Totti and Nakata is a bit ridiculous because Totti is one of the best playmaker in the world while Nakata is an ordinary player (may be an icon of Japanese football for a short period of time)

14. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Unfortunately for your theory, I am a personal friend of Sabatino D., who managed Nakata in Perugia and in Roma for two years.

Totti's precontract with AC Milan is a well known fact. perhaps he used it only as leverage, but he did sign it.

15. great_slice redded

Apr 5, 2008
    New York

Hey, how could you compare Totti with Nakata?
    Totti is top 5 playmaker in the world and some experts regarded as Totti the sole competitor of Zinedine Zidane. If you watched Euro 2000 final, you would know how great Totti is.

On the other hands, Nakata is laughable. Simply funny.
    Comparing world class player (Totti) with plain ordinary player (Nakata) is a nonesense.
    You are comparing millionaire with a peasant.

16. ultra_ultra redded

Apr 9, 2008
    But Nakata left Roma. what's the point?
    Nakata lost to Totti as a result.

17. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    U miss the importing about Nakata at Roma, without him, i would like to said AS Roma cant win the Serie R at 2000-01, he was helping AS Roma save a point from 2-0 down by Juventus at away game. Check this out, Nakata the goal. Remember that time he are replacing Totti. This game really make me proud to be his fans.

18. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    true. he did play a part to their title run.

all i'm saying is that other than his time at roma, what else has he done?

19. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    So what u think he as a Asian player who can help a big club win a big trophy at the big league. U think this is not enough to be a successful career in his life, helping a club which almost 20 years dint win the league title, helping his country qualify to the World Cup at the first time. No, maybe for u, but yes for him, he have done enough, but until now me still a bit upset about his early retirement.

20. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    :rolleyes:

you, obviously, haven't read all of my posts.

first of all, i am a fan of nakata, and i do recognize that he has accomplished a lot and did have a successful career.

however, if any fan of his can't see that he really underachieved since his roma years, then he is blind.

IF you read all of my posts, you'd see that my point is nakata's career post roma was really lacking and disappointing.

everything you mentioned happend before he turned 24. thanks for proving my point.

21. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Sry, i m really dint read all your post, but as a fans, i will always remember his good, i know what happen to him after he transfer to Parma, but some international game and injured really kills his time at his club, his blog still mention he will always like to play football, but with some reason he have to end his football career after the World Cup 2006.

22. hifive redded

hifive redded Red Card

Apr 18, 2008

Nakata didn't accomplished anything particular except one great year in Perugia and one OK season in AS ROMA. Afterwards, he has been overlooked by many soccerexperts around the world.

23. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You clearly do not know the meaning of the world "overlook," and you're making a fool of yourself--again.

Pick up a dictionary.
    You mean "overrated," uh?

If you keep making the same dumb mistakes in English, not only we realize at the first post that you're a sock, but also we will keep LAUGHING AT YOU. :D

24. hifive redded

hifive redded Red Card

Apr 18, 2008
    In other words, after one good year in Perugia, his career started to go downhill. He was benched due to Fransesco Totti. Then he had to move several clubs since of lackluster of skills.