Hibernian season thread 09/10

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by frasermc, Jul 7, 2009.

1. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Maybe not. Sol Bamba has equalised in the 41st min.

2. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Hopefully things get back in order. 3 of the back 4 have been booked now...we'll see.

3. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'd imagine Hibs will push on and win this.

Anyways, I'm off to Celtic Park.

4. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    You were right, turned out to be a good win. Still not happy about all the cards and the first half generally, but things worked out for the good guys.

5. dhmf

dhmf New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Edinburgh
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Didnt seem to have his heart in it in his last season and just tried against the big teams,i agree with what you are saying he was just training but if he played like he did first season at hibs im sure TM would have given him a year contract. A think getting zemama back fit and playing is far more important. Good result today thought but performance still not up to scratch,play like that next week against the tic we will get pumped.

6. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I am anxious for Murray to come back off his suspension and for someone to make sure Van Zanten doesn't hit the field looking like he did today.

7. dhmf

dhmf New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Edinburgh
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Could do with murray back to give us a bit more going forward at full back, van zanten is a liability and mcgeady running at him next week will destroy him

8. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Hibs picked up Liam Miller on a two year deal...this might be a good deal, but something smells fishy. What's wrong with him?

9. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Got too big for his boots too soon. He had a good CL campaign with Celtic in the 03/04 season and thought he'd made it. Once he moved down to Man Utd I suppose he realised that he was out of his depth. Probably affected his confidence to a degree and he was resurrecting his career at Sunderland but when Keane was manager Miller had some disciplinary issues outwith football. So in that respect he should fit in with Deek. ;)

He was a good player and had potential so it could turn out to be a good move for Hibs. He's in his prime footballing years at the age of 28.

10. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Mod. Can you clear some space on your inbox please?

Oh and before you say anything, Happoel are far better than Hamilton Accies...

11. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I see it didn't take Deek long to Deek-ify Anthony Stokes

SHAMED Hibs star Anthony Stokes was thrown out of a trendy nightclub after wading into a boozy punch-up.

The Irish striker, 21, lashed out as a pal and a black customer traded blows in a scrap sparked by alleged racist abuse.

Must be short odds on Liam Miller joining them soon...

12. dhmf

dhmf New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Edinburgh
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Haha,yeh Hibs players are very good for getting into the news for the wrong things. Stokes is still a class player and am sure Hughes will punch sense into him

13. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

I definitely agree that Big Yogi is the man to sort them out. Sooner the better for your teams sake.

Bad result tonight. Although St Johnstone didn't look anywhere near as bad as the 3-0 scoreline suggested on Saturday.

14. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I'm rather annoyed by yesterday's loss.

15. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I wonder where Yankhibee is. His team are currently sitting 2nd in the league, splitting the Glasgow teams, and playing some great attacking football. And yet no mention of it on here.

Is he too drunk to type or is he so speechless that no thoughts can be formed to put into words...?

16. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'll bet on drunk...

17. dhmf

dhmf New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Edinburgh
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    ill do his talking for him, hibs to split the old firm :D

18. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Haha, I've been no more drunk than normal. I've been scared to say much sorta like you don't want to interrupt your girl while she is having an orgasm--I could only ******** things up. Aside from that, work has been very busy and I have been logging lots of miles getting ready for a couple races.

19. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'm just glad to see our nursery team doing so well... :D

20. The Tartan Hoop

The Tartan Hoop New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Near Glasgow
    Anyone got a link to the game online? I'm at work... really wanted to watch the game too :(

21. barack_obampot

barack_obampot BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 28, 2009
    Scotland second city's biggest derby ended up 0-0.

22. Kipulu

Kipulu New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Can anyone give me an opinion on how Bamba is doing please?

Do you think that he may move to a bigger club and do you think his place in the IVC national team is deserved?

Kipulu

23. dhmf

dhmf New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Edinburgh
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Bamba is a very strong,fast an agile defender. He is strong in the tackle, good in the air and has been excellent fo Hibs this season. He though is prone to lax is concentration which can lead to mistakes but he is doing this less and less and is maturing as a player .I believe he will move on to a premiership club after the world cup as Hibs will be able to comand a higher fee for him if he has a strong display than selling him in january, i see him signing for a club like Bolton or Blackburn. Hope that helps.:)

24. dhmf

dhmf New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Edinburgh
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Am not sure if his place is merited in the ivory coast team as i am not very sure of your other options, all i know of is meite and from what i have seen of him i would say bamba when he is fully concentrated is the better palyer. What i didnt mention before was that Bamba is also very competent at bring the ball out of defence and linking with the midfielders, he played as a defensive midfielder alot last season under are old manager Mixu but he has made it public that he prefers centre back.

25. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I haven't been able to see him as much as I would have liked, but there is a contingent of supporters that would like to see Bamba played more in the midfield than as a defender.