Hey Matt, Care to defend this?

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Microwave, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Since you think illegal immigration is awesome and that not everyone needs silly things like identification....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080724/ap_on_re_us/road_rage_killing

"The victims' family learned that Ramos had been arrested at least three times before the shooting and evaded deportation, largely because of San Francisco's sanctuary status.

The policy, adopted in 1989 by the city's elected Board of Supervisors, bars local officials from cooperating with federal authorities in their efforts to deport illegal immigrants"

Now I know, you're gonna say this is one example but it's not
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53103

Now even if you think that those numbers are high, let's say those numbers are only a fraction of that......that still means illegal immigrants have committed thousands of murders this decade. Think about that, if we had tougher immigration laws there would be thousands of Americans alive today that are not here now.

Not to mention this part

"Based on a one-year in-depth study, Deborah Schurman-Kauflin of the Violent Crimes Institute of Atlanta estimates there are about 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States who have had an average of four victims each. She analyzed 1,500 cases from January 1999 through April 2006 that included serial rapes, serial murders, sexual homicides and child molestation committed by illegal immigrants."

We really think importing poverty is a great idea? The same people who tell us that poverty is the root cause of crime and violence are the people who think it's ok to import poverty from a crime ravaged neighbor nation.

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ted, I cannot defend this thug like action. It's atrocious.

However, I believe that you are taking my point of view out of context. So for you, my friend, I re-introduce the Matt in the Hat Open labor security plan (Known as MITHOLaSP)

1) Start with a national ID program for all citizens in addition to the one currently in place for resident aliens. This ID will contain all pertinent tax information and will be both tamper proof and non replicable.

2) Create a guest worker card that must be purchased by the laborer in addition to a 12 month work visa credit. In addition to tax information, the guest worker's card will contain criminal record and tax delinquency information. Any felony or class 1 misdemeanor convictions or tax delinquencies would be an immediate flag on the worker prohibiting them from gaining employment.

The money collected from the purchase of cards and visa credits would fund the following 2 items....

3) A nationwide database available online to all employers for free. Every employer must cross reference the info on the worker card to the database. If it is clean and the credits are up to date, the employer treats the worker like any other W-2 employee, taking out income and payroll taxes and providing FUTA and any other state mandated insurances. However, if there is a flag, the company, under penalty of 4x the current penalty for hiring an undocumented worker and up to revocation of business status (I call it the business death penalty) turns the worker away.

4) Licensed work centers for workers to congregate as opposed to the 7-11. At this center, workers can re-up their work credits via machine, call home, whatever. Then make loitering for work a crime and enforce it.

5) Let the free flow of labor commence!

3. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Fair enough. I like the Mccain plan. I think if there are cases where someone honestly can't find an American to do the work (something that is greatly exaggerated by liberals by the way) then I have no problem with Mexicans or whoever working in the U.S. as long as they have IDENTIFICATION and are not violent criminals. Many people have no problem with guest workers and have no problems with Mexicans, we just don't like importing violent crime.

4. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't disagree with you there. But understand that I tend to have a natural queeziness when dealing with walls. Republicans spent 50 years fighting against them in other lands and now they support them on our border? No thank you.

But yes, of the 2 McCain has the best plan. Too bad his party hates it.

5. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Which is why we must never, ever let the Irish and Italians settle on our fair country's soil!

Furthermore, 54-40 or fight!

6. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From your mouth to gods ears....

BTW, you naivete is about the criminals in this country illegally is just so cute I almost forget how dangerous it is...