Hey FO, I have an idea.

Discussion in 'The River End' started by local136RiverRat, Oct 23, 2012.

1. local136RiverRat

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    All I am asking for is that you allow members of the supporters section to select the beer for one draft line, to be placed under the stairs at 134. Drinking is one of the few things that have made this season tolerable, and it would make it even more tolerable if I could drink a decent beer. Maybe you could even work with one of the local breweries to make a soccer specific varietal.

If I had to vote for one beer right now it would be Troegs Perpetual IPA or Yards IPA

sentrido and EmeraldDawn repped this.
  2. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great idea, but are you prepared to pay a huge premium for the "fan picked" beer? You know that if they have something popular, the FO is going to rake you over the coals for it.

sentrido and BuddhaWake repped this.
  3. local136RiverRat

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    7 dollars for a glass of rice flavored piss or 8 dollars for a solid beer made with good ingredients. I will get raked.

4. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking more along the lines of $11-13.

TheNJHammer repped this.
  5. local136RiverRat

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Victory Hop Devil wasnt that much more last year.

6. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough. Not a fan of Hop Devil (Storm King on the other hand, mmmmmm) so I wouldn't remember what they got for it. Good to see they didn't decide to gouge the hell out of quality beer drinkers.

7. local136RiverRat

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Storm King is solid. We have a Riverender that is a brewer. Would love to be able to drink a fellow supporters beer at the games.

TheNJHammer repped this.
  8. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    The snake and shield is where I stop for decent beer, but something that was quality that is also THAT close would be awesome...

9. allgo

allgo Member

Jun 6, 2011
    I was hoping more along the lines of 40oz Colt 45's ....after one the pain is almost gone, after 2 the score doesn't matter. when you get home your walet won't be empty either.

buzzkiller23 repped this.
  10. TheNJHammer

TheNJHammer New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flying Fish is out of Lindenwold NJ right? And Stoudts out of Lancaster has some great beer choices. I wouldnt mind paying $13 for a tall boy of good local/SOB brewed beer

11. HazmatCorntail

May 28, 2010
    South 139
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, they're in South Jersey, and I've seen their beer on taps at CBP.

There's also Flying Dog in northern Maryland and Dogfish Head in Delaware. I'd pay a little extra to have one (or more) of those.

drewrock2000 repped this.
  12. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The beers chosen during the SOB tailgates have been excellent and great value: drink for $12 (non-members) for 3 hrs nonstop. Then you don't need anymore inside the stadium.

thomas19064 and EmeraldDawn repped this.
  13. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #13 EmeraldDawn, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    I sometimes grab food on the way to the games even if I bought the tailgate pkg. the beer selection is good enough to justify the cost even without eating.

Ruud11 repped this.