Hexagonal: Mexico vs Panama; November 15, 2016

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Nov 12, 2016.

1. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If panama manages 4 points each go round they're in, forget repechaje. Listening to the coach, it seems they're all about big picture. He casually said Mexico is already in and sees a point as good, considering they already had 3.

US is in crisis, the decision to fire him would be easy had he lost to t&t and Honduras. There remains doubt on whether the losses will continue against the softer opponents, this may buy him time. Bruce arena chillin...waitin.

DaniChandler repped this.
  2. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I agree.. Mexico finished 4th last time around and this could very well be the scenario for the Nads. Still, I maintain if Panama stays on point minimum they will get the playoff ticket.

3. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    13 to 16 points should put Panama in at at worst the playoff spot or a direct qualification spot. As it stands they are a quarter of the way there after 2 match days. I see Panama as willing to concede draws at home against Mexico and the US. However, Panama will be hosting a US team on match day 4 who will be hard pressed for points. I could see them getting a win.

The US is in a tight spot and has little room for error. Anything less than 4 points in the next two match days could sink their chances even further. Also, that GD might play a big role if the US is fighting for a direct or play off spor

The Catrachos are a bit of a wild card I half expected them to draw against T&T because results like that often happen in CONCACAF qualifiers. I expect them to go for a point when they visit the Yanks but may try to burn them on the counter. The pressure is on the US team and not on Honduras to win.

El Pipiripau repped this.
  4. BrianInVA

BrianInVA Member+

Mar 24, 2008
    Lake Ridge
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Didn't see any of the nads' match. Did they look like the redskins' o-line after they decided rgIII was a dick, or did they just get run? Like, was it in any way suggestive or even apparent of mutiny?

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

5. BrianInVA

BrianInVA Member+

Mar 24, 2008
    Lake Ridge
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is a wildcard.. we've looked listless in Azteca, largely, since 2009.

Trillz repped this.
  6. BrianInVA

BrianInVA Member+

Mar 24, 2008
    Lake Ridge
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes, he could well argue at the meeting that these were two of his three most complicated matches, out of the gate..
    The scoreline in Costa Rica might could perforate that argument a bit. And, at least anecdotally, didn't his players ask for the formation change during guardis' injury? Might be lore.. if true, though, I'd think that's more the mortal bit..

JJV1994 and El Pipiripau repped this.
  7. Orlandinho

Orlandinho Member+

Apr 30, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Against these thugs, I'm just glad there were no serious injuries.

Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  8. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jurgen's promise to make the US world beaters... to being on track to not qualify for the WC... priceless.

9. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ¿Los hipsters finalmente llegaron a Panama?

Mis condolencias.

Narc83 and LGRod repped this.
  10. DaniChandler

DaniChandler Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Panama Canal
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Jajajaj [emoji27]

Enviado desde mi D6653 mediante Tapatalk

11. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    I think Osorio is the one who constantly sabotages the team. It's like we play with one leg tied behind our backs lol

Serg33, DankYummy and LGRod repped this.
  12. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Always the coaches fault eh?...at least this one is winning games we haven't won in a long ass time.

DaTruth, DGreat, Hecho en Chivas and 5 others repped this.
  13. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    We beat the U.S, but then the U.S goes on to lose 4-0 to Costa Rica. That really tells you how bad the U.S team is. I've never seen a team play so differently in the same game, as Mexico constantly does under Osorio. One half they play terrible, the other they play much better. It's no coincidence, it's that he's making players play out of position.

It's without a doubt that Mexico has the most talent that it's ever had. There's a reason why most of the starters now play in Europe. In the Mex-Panama game, Mexico never threatened to really score a goal. I understand the field was wet, but we looked like we were playing Brazil at times. Reyes, Fabian and Gio were all playing out of position. You just can't afford to those kind of things. That's why Mexico was humiliated by Chile.

RandomLx, LGRod and DankYummy repped this.
  14. Their US trashing tell us about the same as the Chile trashing we received and the 7-1 trashing Brazil got.

i.e outliers happen.

15. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    Both Mexico and the U.S haven't been playing all that great. It's been constant. It's not an anomaly.

metalmaster and DankYummy repped this.
  16. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nobody was expecting a 4-0 trashing considering the US also beat then by the same scoreline in the summer. We need to start giving more credit to other teams as well.

DankYummy, Sanchito and Overachiever repped this.
  17. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Panama and Costa Rica have improved by leaps and bounds then how it was 7-9 years ago

DankYummy and BrianInVA repped this.
  18. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Like I said, it's funny how the Chile game and Copa America is the end all and be all and the super telling for Mexico for some people but then it doesn't matter for Costa Rica or for the US in how they got 4th.

LGRod repped this.
  19. BrianInVA

BrianInVA Member+

Mar 24, 2008
    Lake Ridge
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Panama has improved more.. Costa Rica has had a decent level for a good while. Point taken, though.

20. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly Panama more so, but Costa Rica has been getting more players to Europe, improving the quality of their players aswell as showcasing what Costa Rican players can do in Europe

21. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    Is it just me or do the usually narrow fields detrimental to Mexican team. Seems most teams don't want the wider fields that let Mexico move the ball around a lot easier.

22. DaniChandler

DaniChandler Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Panama Canal
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Rommel Fernández has the hugest field that can be admitted for official Fifa World Cup matches #fact

Enviado desde mi D6653 mediante Tapatalk

23. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Pa que chingados, para que la muevan de lado a lado y para atras?.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

24. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    Good point

metalmaster repped this.
  25. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    Holy shite. I thought you were fvcking around but then I saw the pic and couldn't help but shake my head lmao