Hexagonal: Mexico vs Costa Rica 3/24/2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Miguel Myers, Jan 10, 2017.

1. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jona and Araujo really stood out

Ara looked like a veteran
    Jona box to box pressure
    Something Herrera could look up to

2. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #677 Miguel Myers, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Wut

Rafa played a clean game, respectable 50 some mins. He made really smart passes and organized the team.

Oribe was brilliant tracking back. In one sequence around the 16th min, HH was battling with the Costa Rican with the ball and Oribe tracked back and won the ball back for Mexico. It's something he's done really well for club and country...

Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  3. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So you want to pretend this never happened?

DankYummy and Orlandinho repped this.
  4. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ok, great. You gonna act like Hernandez hasn't done that either?

Oribe also had a play when he held up the ball, turned, found Chich for a wide open run when he was fouled outside the box. He's more valuable than you want to admit.

Baysic, El Pipiripau, Colima24 and 2 others repped this.
  5. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I really couldn't care less about club bullshit...Oribe has been great for our team, so has Jimenez, and so has Chicharito...I don't get this clubbullshit when it comes to the national team...I don't care if Mexico lines up 6 Americanistas and 5 Atlistas...I'm rooting for them...stfu everyone....thanks.

GrandeSoccer, Otaku, crazyman and 15 others repped this.
  6. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's the point I've been trying to make , and said last page

El Pipiripau and Serg33 repped this.
  7. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    bro i'm talking about the present moment.
    And at the present moment we players that are in better form and rhythm than Raul, Peralta, Damn.

And this is what happens when you decided to go with your "preferidos"

@8:00-8:20

This game is easily 4-0 minimum with the right players.

this isn't club rivalry, these woeful highlights actually happened last night

DankYummy and Overachiever repped this.
  8. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't recall you having massive criticism of Chich in the nad game when he whiffed an open net on a deflection.

Colima24, Serg33 and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  9. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Member+

Aug 29, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    #fakenews :x

El Pipiripau, Colima24 and Phenom repped this.
  10. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Holy shit, I got so pissed on that play. It was a complete miss after a shot that hit the post, in which he was right in front of goal.

Colima24 and Miguel Myers repped this.
  11. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Brmw9 is right. If you didn't have this argument when Chicharito was going months without scoring last year or missing sitters like in 2013, then you're being a hypocrite.

Baysic, Colima24, Miguel Myers and 2 others repped this.
  12. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Sitters...lol...no mames...when fat fcuks that never play and only comment call scoring chances sitters I have to stifle a laugh...no mamen...very few scoring chances are sitters.

Phenom and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  13. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Agree, but at the end of the day, quite a few of those chances he missed were pretty scorable. In form Cheech would've buried all of those in a heartbeat.

14. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    He missed a Pk against Panama and a a wide open goal against Costa Rica in back to back games in 2013. Anybody who doesn't think that was a sitter, doesn't know what he's talking about, point blank.

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  15. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That one against Costa Rica was a legit sitter. I remember being pissed about that one too, he denied my former boy Gullit an assist.

16. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I used to like Diego Jimenez and Mario Perez.

Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  17. Martin del Palacio

Nov 14, 2005
    Nobody puts any preferidos. In the Liga MX being top of the table is not really representative of the actual quality level of a team. It's just too few games to actually be a reflexion even of momentum. If Chivas lose three in a row they'll go from 1st to 6th.

Being in a National Team entails much more than playing well for a few games in the domestic league. Players get overwhelmed, players struggle to adapt to their new teammates, players let the opportunity get over their heads. You can't call Chofis for two Concacaf qualifiers when you have never called him in the past. For the same reason, you can't stop calling Chicharito because he's going through a rough patch. It's all about timing.

Sometimes, of course, it pays off to bring a player on to surprise the opposition, but he has to be a special talent and you have to know him really well (as Lapuente did with Arellano in '98 or La Volpe with Guardado in '06) but even in those cases, the coaches had a long preparation time before the WC's to get them ready.

Osorio is doing well by leaning on the players he knows for the "harder" matches and give more chances on the "easier" ones. It made sense that Herrera started instead of Orbelín against CR, if only because one has 50 caps and the other has 4. Same for Peralta over any other striker not named Raúl Jiménez. You know they won't melt under pressure and even if they have a counterperformance their level should be enough to stay above the water.

18. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree with alot of what you said but you just named the 2 worst players of the game with Peralta and Herrera. It's hard to imagine Pineda doing worse than what Herrera did against CR. I really want to see Pineda start against Trinidad.

chivamex10 and DankYummy repped this.
  19. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At the end of the day, @Martin del Palacio is a firm believer of the "Rookies win games, veterans win championships." concept, and I can't blame him for it, because some rookies just aren't ready for crucial games. That being said, I do think Orbelin can handle the pressure, and I hope to see him play against T&T.

20. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Neither Peralta or Herrera had that bad of games. They didn't have as good games as others did but one of the best things of this performance was how nobody really had a bad game or stunk it out. Even HH.

21. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  22. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  23. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I thought everyone had a pretty decent game. No one was woefully bad, but there were a couple that stood out.

Araujo is a player that just grew into the game imo. He had a few mistakes early on but un-fvcked himself pretty quick. And then he scored so that makes him one of the standouts. Vela and Jona are the others.

El Pipiripau, Serg33, Skadrist and 3 others repped this.
  24. Martin del Palacio

Nov 14, 2005
    Yeah, I chose them on purpose. In the end, it's hard to argue with Osorio's logic, given the results.

Mr. Pink, R. Carrillo and El Pipiripau repped this.
  25. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All stikers miss clear chances. Some just miss more than others. Bigger teams won't let us get away with those missed chances. This has always been our downfall. Look to Matador Hernandez's miss vs Germany in 1998.

Elite teams no perdonan tanto. We've got work to do but our team was decent vs Costa Rica.

DankYummy and thedragonrik58 repped this.