He's So Wondo! The continuing chronicle of Chris Wondolowski's career

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by TyffaneeSue, Sep 22, 2011.

1. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    As we have reached the magical 1000 posts on the original...

henryo repped this.
  2. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. vims

vims New Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    falvo, what say now?

5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With yesterday's goal against visiting Sporting Kansas City, Chris Wondolowski surpassed Baby Judas for sole possession of second place on the San Jose Earthquakes all-time goal scoring list. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nogjZjZHlBQ]Chris Wondolowski earns No. 2 on the San Jose Earthquakes' career goals list[/ame]

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

6. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This season I have been rooting for Wondo to score 12 goals. I felt that 12 goals is a symbol of a "good" forward in MLS - if you asked any coach in the league before the season if he would be happy with a forward who would score 12 for him that year, I think he would be more than pleased. In addition, a 12-goal year after an 18-goal year shows the 18 was not a fluke, but an indication of quality. So I still have a big cheering interest in the last three games hoping to see Wondo get more. As bad as the team results are, it isn't beyond the realm of possibility to see Wondo get a hat trick and another crack at the Golden Boot - at least I can see the season out rooting for that.

BTW, Chris will be at the SSVCF Annual Dinner on Wednesday, October 19 in the City Hall Rotunda and available to fans, so if you would like tickets go to www.ssvcf.org and sign up now.

7. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Alexi Lalas is an arrogant ass-hat and a complete failure as a prognosticator.

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. QuakePride18

QuakePride18 Member

Nov 27, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely not a one hit wonder like some thought! So proud for him.

10. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He just decided to score when it was too late... Like it or not the games don't matter now.

11. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The MLS Cup is the number one prize, but there are still things in this season that do matter. Wondo's pursuit of the Golden Boot does matter. I excited any time the name San Jose Earthquakes follows a prize of this level. We need to win this weekend to take back the Heritage Cup, and many feel that that matters as well. Hell, I hate Dallas so even if both of these are gone on the final day I will have something to remain engaged for. I'd love to see him have another brace in Seattle. It's never a bad time for your top scorer to find his form again. Local boy made good and we should all be proud of him.

12. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  15. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention, Wondo needs to keep scoring if he wants to get looks with the USMNT. If you're a homer (like any good fan ;)), you would want to see the local guy get some more caps and maybe his first goal.

16. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    A testimony to the superior mastery of technology characteristic of local residents.

19. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    74 percent of text votes? Lol, someone had some fun spamming the votes.. Not that Wondo didn't deserve it! Congrats to him.

20. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. Silly con valley.... (yech...sorry...:D )

It's great that he's scoring now, despite all the I told-you-so Bob's comments I want him back on the national team. He deserves a look, GO WONDO!!!

Is Ski Polish decent?

21. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Need you ask?

22. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This post contains a portion of a result of today's KC vs NY game, so read no further if such things bother you...

... It now looks like the race for the Golden Boot is essentially down to two players, since Donovan is injured. (Unless someone else pulls off a hat trick or two). Our boy Wondo cannot finish below the striker from the Big Apple now, only tied or ahead of him. That leaves DeRo and his extra games as the main competition.

23. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think the sun has set on that, unfortunately. Bradley destroyed any culture of meritocracy that the National Team had, and the few chances that Wondo did get he failed to score despite getting into some great scoring positions. I think it's a shame. I can't think of any other American player who has his poaching ability (the retired Twellman being the only exception), but that type of play either went completely unnoticed or unwanted.

By now, although not old, his age is going to be a much bigger factor and I think will ultimately keep him out of the scope of the new Klinsmann regime. With that being said, if San Jose can manage to lock him down for the remainder of his career, I will be very happy.

24. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Can there be a tie for the Golden Boot and thus co-winners, or is there a tiebreaker (such as more assists) so only one player recognized as the Golden Boot holder?