Herzlich willkommen Karius

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by speker, May 24, 2016.

1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In a nutshell? There is no wind in Rhineland-Palatinate

2. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not wind. It's much more likely that he's having to adjust to the fact that they don't protect the keeper from barging opposition players in the EPL. My guess is he's worried about getting clattered into and is paying too much attention to that, hence the misjudged punches. The question is whether he gets used to this and jumps in with abandon (which he'll need to do), or if he doesn't. This will probably determine if he's a long term prospect in the goal or another Migs (but with better distribution skills), who will be gone as soon as we can entice another, better keeper to join once we're back in the champion's league.

3. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    still think when he broke his arm coming out to punch a ball might be a nagging thought in the back of his head

4. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    think it was his hand...

5. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah that's what I meant

6. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  7. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  8. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Apparently the interview was already booked in weeks ago according to reports

The interview just increases the pressure on Karius....he should just stay away from the media and focus on his game as those pundits want a bit of banter

9. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    http://www.football365.com/news/hamann-hits-out-at-carras-outrageous-karius-comments

“That’s the most laughable thing I’ve read in a long time. Disrespectful to say the least,” Hamann said.

“Carra is out of order too. Karius is 23 years old and played over 100 top flight games. Outrageous comments, deserves a little more respect.

“You can criticise as much as you want but you don’t tell an adult to shut up. Poor form.”
    -------

Karius needs to be out of the limelight.....his form will never improve with so much scrutiny

10. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Klopp's comments on Nevilles

"He showed he struggled with the job to judge players so why do we let him talk about players on television?

"I don't listen to them. I am pretty sure Carra (Jamie Carragher) doesn't speak too positive about Manchester United players.

"Obviously the Neville brothers don't like Liverpool, I have no problem and if they can cause bigger problems then we have already, they have tried. By the way, you can tell him I am not on Twitter so if he wants to tell me something Twitter doesn't help."

"Especially the Neville brothers; the one who was the manager he obviously should know that too much criticism never helps.

"But he is not interested in helping a Liverpool player I can imagine but that makes things he says not make more sense."

11. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ehhh - I know Klopp is protecting the player - and it's HIS player - but so far Karius has been a debacle.

he did have a nice save where he punched Andy Carroll in the face yesterday when the defense fell asleep.

12. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    I think klopp has realised all this attention on Karius has affected his confidence....tbh Liverpool keepers have always been under scrutiny

13. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's clear Karius is in a run of poor form at the moment but he's certainly not the only one. The problem for him is that a moment of indecision, poor judgement etc often results in a goal. But I think much of the criticism is ott for a player who is new to the league and also still quite young/inexperienced for a keeper. There's a reason he was voted the next best keeper to Neuer in Germany last season and I think we have to give the kid some time .Even Firmino took a while to adapt and like firmino he I think he'll come good .

I like what Klopp has come out with today re the Neville bros'.

Klopp slams Neville brothers over Loris Karius criticism

http://thepeninsulaqatar.com/articl...-Neville-brothers-over-Loris-Karius-criticism

14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dont know which game it was but there was this one coincidence where Mignolet let in a low direct ball in from a corner last season and for that Id say a player who came for 7 mil EUR he was a bargain. What did you expect? Maybe one of those famous German "wool-making, milk-giving egg-pigs"?

15. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Your german dry sense of humour goes over my head....but to my understanding the theme of your point is you get what you pay for

16. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes you get what you paid for - except he was touted as the second rated keeper in Germany last season by various reasonable sources. Just because he had an artificially low transfer clause - doesn't mean he's a bargain basement buy that we were taking a chance on.

Anyway - I'm still hopeful given his age and maybe I think it is actually good that Klopp is defending him.

That broken hand in preseason really set him back I think.

17. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    The two mistakes IMO were down to poor execution ie the attempted catch in the Bournemouth game and the floppy attempt at making a save from the payet free kick....Matip playing in the team has made a world of difference but sometimes you need a keeper to bail out the defence

18. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #43 speker, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    All true ,Don young players tend to make more mistakes but those mistakes crop up less and less in their careers as they mature and gain more experience. Given that he's a highly rated young keeper I'm confident that once he settles we'll see what he's really about.

19. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing is for sure, everyone slaughtering him is bound to make him improve.

Migs was consistently poor over 3+ years after already having a few years experience in the league. Going back to him isn't any improvement.

Our keepers have consistently been shit since Acterberg has be coaching them. Reina, Migs, Jones, Karius. Have any of them improved since they were LFC players? Brad Jones was just named goalie of the month in Holland. Clearly something is wrong with our coaching. Either we aren't identifying the right keeper to bring in (Bogdan? Really?) or good keepers are being coached poorly. They all regress. They all make the same mistakes.

20. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Calling Migs shit is harsh. I give Karius a hard time but he still has room to right the wrongs. Reina was decent keeper in his time here. Jones & Bogdan are garbage and I don't care what awards they win in other countries.

21. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Mignolet is an average Premiership keeper and, at this stage, isn't going to get much better.

Karius is about the same standard but has time on his side to make significant improvements.

22. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yep, that's exactly the point for me,nomo. We've tried Mignolet , we know his limitations so now we have a young Karius.

Signing young not fully developed talent is part of Lpool's long term strategy and we've been doing for some years now .Some settle sooner than others but I think the club has high hopes for Karius and will stick with him despite these early teething pains.

23. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Against argubly one of the best aerial players in Carroll and the one area Liverpool keepers have known to be weak over the years

24. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Chris Sutton: Liverpool's Loris Karius should be 'commended' for doing Sportsmail interview but Gary and Phil Neville were 'totally out of order'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...not-worry-Neville-brothers.html#ixzz4SgtoXcSv

25. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    And from the guy who actually did the interview:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ng-isn-t-going-help-things.html#ixzz4SguR1uI8

Boundzy, speker and LiverpoolFanatic repped this.