Here's the bracket URL

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by BigRedFootie, Nov 12, 2018.

1. quzybuk

quzybuk Member

Wake Forest
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Stanford again. Crap.

BigRedFootie and TimB4Last repped this.
  2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Is there some rule that says Wake and Stanford have to play every year in the NCAA Tournament?

soccersubjectively repped this.
  3. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    No they don't - they can lose before they play each other. I'm okay with both losing before we have to face either!

4. quzybuk

quzybuk Member

Wake Forest
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Little variety would be nice, ya know?

Also, Tanner Beason is actually from Winston-Salem, so they have a sizable (and vocal) contingent here every year.

BigRedFootie repped this.
  5. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    You can beat them this year - it's an off year for them. I'll be rooting for you!

6. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    While I agree that Wake Forest can beat them, I think they've been the better team the last two, and maybe even three years and we've seen how that went.

Wake is loaded and should win but Stanford just has their number.

BTW, you know you've arrived as a national power when you win a power conference, are in the top 10 in the RPI and the NCAA Tournament seeding and are 8th in the country in goals-allowed... and it's a down year.

boxcar123 repped this.
  7. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Stanford has everybody's number because they play to not lose. They're always willing to go to OT and PKs if necessary. They play like the underdog and I think that's an advantage.

I agree - they've "arrived." Not sure that the Pac-12 is so powerful. Historically, they do not do well overall in the NCAA tournament. Their advantage is that they have only 6 teams and all are okay. Numerically they rank as #2, but their top 4 are #'s 9/22/29/30. The B1G is supposedly below them, but its top 4 are #'s 2/12/28/33.

8. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Minor point on the bracket - the UC Riverside/U of Pacific game was actually played down in Fresno at Fresno Pacific University because the air quality in Stockton was bad from smoke blowing in from the Camo Fire 100 miles north.

And I don't know if there is any relationship between U of P and FPU.

9. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    The St Mary's vs Oregon State game has been moved to Fresno Pacific as well.

I have kids that live in Sacramento and San Francisco. Both of them have been sending me pictures of how bad the air is up there. St Mary's campus is a little south of the line between those two cities. Fresno doesn't seem to be much better.

https://airnow.gov/state/CA/index.cfm

10. SBZipfan

SBZipfan Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Akron @ Syracuse has been moved to the Colgate campus due to weather. Forecast for Syracuse is "periods of snow" whereas forecast for Hamilton is "periods of light snow". So much better!

Adds an hour of travel time for any Akron fans planning to make the trip ...

fknbuflobo repped this.
  11. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    ... but turf field as opposed to grass. Didn't seem to matter as ZIps with a great win over a tough opponent.

SBZipfan and fknbuflobo repped this.