Here Come the Kansas State Wild Kitties (New Team)

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by WWC_Movement, Jul 17, 2016.

1. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    #1 WWC_Movement, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Kansas State has a women's soccer program now, and from looking at their webpage, their roster is LOADED.
    Lots of names, but judging by these names, this team is going to get the living Cheezit kicked out of them.

It appears that any girl that wanted to try out for the team.... made the team.

http://www.kstatesports.com/sport/w-soccer/roster/#/2016/Players/tile

[​IMG]

2. Bleed Blue

Bleed Blue Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, new beginnings are always tough. When I read the thread title the first thought that came to mind was... where are they going to find players? That is, half decent players.

3. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eight or so Californians. Wow.

4. MountainDew

MountainDew Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Palm Springs, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give them credit. They didn't go way light on the schedule either. Some very solid opponents across the board so new coach is not looking for easy wins for sure.

5. orange crusader

May 2, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    35 on the roster...wonder if they are expecting a lot of attrition.

6. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
    Good luck with that APR score next year!!

7. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
    Why is K-State not listed or scheduled to play in the Big 12?

8. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    16 games and the toughest is Texas...I'd say they went pretty light.
    My guess is that they came to fruition after the BIG12 schedule was set. Probably next year

9. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    They start conference play in 2017.
    They essentially get a free year in 2016 to "wing it" to get used to playing Division 1 schools.

10. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
    2 Schools in the WAC, and 1 in the Horizon didn't have that chance in 2014. Scare-D- Cats....lol

11. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I didn't think it possible for any power 5 football school to not sponsor womens soccer. Are there any left? Thank you.

12. orange crusader

May 2, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    There are two:
    Tulane (AAC)
    Georgia Tech (ACC)

13. Oredigger

Oredigger Guest

Tulane isn't Power 5, they are AAC for football. However still surprising that they don't have women's soccer.

14. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What conference is Wichita State in? They've become kind of notable in MBB, but have no varsity soccer of either gender.

15. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #15 Holmes12, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    I guess by P5 I was really meaning a (near) fully-funded football program. Presumably Georgia Tech and Tulane have these. I was lookng at Georgia Tech, how do they comply with title ix with football? I was expecting gymnastics or lacrosse (women only like at many SEC schools) but they don't sponsor that either. I would think swimming money for each gewnder counters each other, like basketball.

16. orange crusader

May 2, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Football is what defines Power 5 (NCAA Division I Football Subdivision). AAC is a Power 5 conference and Tulane is in the AAC for football. Hence, Tulane is a Power 5 school. QED

17. orange crusader

May 2, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Missouri Valley

18. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Since when is AAC a part of the power 5 conferences?
    It's ACC, Pac-12, Big 10, Big 12, and SEC...

19. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. I think the reference actually meant to be citing BCS schools. That's the distinction the NCAA makes.

20. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    This team is gonna suck royal.
    They're about as dysfunctional as ............

21. Oredigger

Oredigger Guest

That's exactly right. AAC is not P5. And P5 is completely the reason why it is big news that the Big 12 is talking expansion. Cincinnati, BYU, Boise State, Houston, South Florida, Central Florida, and others are all hoping to make the move up. It's football driven, however all of the other sports will feel the halo effect.

22. Chaik

Chaik Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Georgia Tech is 66% male, so they can get away with 66% of athletic funding going to male sports.

23. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Thank you. It's remarkable that they've been able to recruit sort of competitive football teams with that ratio. It'll ultimately be their basketball/football undoing. Especialy in the south, who would choose Tech over the SEC belles, much less the other southern ACC belles?

Regarding Big 12 expansion. In my opinion, UNCC is very much overlooked. The area around the campus is commuter and not at all a college town but there is money pumped into the school. They ned to now focus on building a surrounding college town. It puts the B12 in the heart of the aforementioned belle conferences and combined with UCF/USF, begins to establish some recruiting presence. ECU is too isolated and out there to deliver anything,

24. GopherBob

GopherBob Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Minneapolis
    The school is located in DOWNTOWN ATLANTA.

You are indeed allowed to talk to women who don't attend your school. It's an amazing advantage of attending a school in an urban setting versus wasting 4 years of your life in some weird college backwater.

25. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #25 Holmes12, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    I'll choose, as the results reveal 95% of stud recruits do, wasting my life being idolized by 25-30,000 beautiful, isolated and undistracted co-eds and recent grads in "backwaters" such as Tuscaloosa, Columbia, Clemson, Tallahassee, etc. The party never stop for those guys. This compared to wandering the streets of downtown, looking to get into some bar. As "Joe" Eastwood said, somewhat, in Fistful of Dollars, all those Tech men aren't appealing, much.

This is why the Texas head coach needs to be fired. How could any football coach lose in Austin? You have to try to blow that situation, especially against all that College Station ag and engineering. They can't possibly have the talent Austin has, yet they outrecruit 'em. It'll change quickly though once Texas hires a guy who knows just to sit back and let the school do the talking.