helppp!!

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by thehopestyle, Aug 16, 2004.

1. thehopestyle

thehopestyle New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    south florida
    ok so i used to play for FYSA when i was younger and it was cool i have always liked competitive soccer. i have been playin my whole life. i currently live in south Florida but i was born in Peru (south america). i used to go back and forth from there to here. i came back a few months ago and i wanted to play competitive soccer again but i was shocked to learn that no teams in the FYSA have an U-19 division everything is U-18. i turned 18 this year and get this... i am only too old by 10 days!! my birthday was on July 20th and the cut-line is August 1st... this made me very upset and frustrated.

but anyways so after that started lookin into the next step which is college soccer so i talked to a coach and everything seemed great. i was finding out about a soccer academy that played the A-League and a lot of tournaments. it was the Palm Beach Pumas and everything was great. this program is supposed to shape you up and lead you to become a pro. they have friendlies with mls teams and scouts always watchin you. constant training and playing. along with an "encouraging educational life". so i was excited but then came the shocking news...

the cost was like $3,500 just to play for the team... and also you have to be goin to college which sucks cos i haven't started yet. i have tried lookin everywhere and i have come to the realization that to become a pro and be looked at and everything, you have to spend a lot of money. simply, i don't have 3,500 dollars right now, you know?

i was wondering if there is any other way... i want to make soccer my life. i am 18, have been playin my whole life, and i need another way. i don't want to waste time. in my country, being good is all you need... here you must spend a fortune. i'm guessing it's because of the well developed, outstanding leagues these teams play. everything is top of the line, from the uniforms to refs, to fields. but i mean are there any other options? i can play with my friends and stuff but that is never going to lead me to europe... if anyone could help with some info on cheaper teams or any leagues that are as serious but don't require a lot of money and all it takes is effort and the love for futbol please help...

thanks so much for your time

2. Grah

Grah Member

Sep 4, 2003

looks like 3 choices,

Get Credit and work off the payments until you get a proper contract.

Go back to Peru again and try there.

Give up paying pro - level and just play in a mens league, and enjoy your talent.

If your good enough word will get around. not every one signs a mega contract at 14 and not every 14year old superstar turns pro

3. smith07

smith07 New Member

Mar 26, 2004
    have a car wash and sell candy bars