Help with info about the Clásico

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Martin del Palacio, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Martin del Palacio

Nov 14, 2005
    Hi guys, I'm Martin del Palacio, Spanish Editor for FIFA.com. We're writing a story about the Guatemalan Clasico but we have struggled to find any colorful anecdotes or interesting stories about it.

I'm sure there are thousands, so if you know some, would you mind sharing them with me so I can include them in the piece?

Thank you very much for your time.
    Martín

2. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Check out this site... It has some good info... Hope it helps... Oh yeah, since you work for fifa... Can you put in a good word so they can include Guate in the next EA Sports Fifa game? Haha...

http://imperio-crema.com/content/view/161/66/

3. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Municipal once humiliated Comunicaciones in a final by beating them in both legs 5-1 and 4-1 for an overall 9-2 agg. I dont quite remember the year, I think in 2004.

5. Martin del Palacio

Nov 14, 2005
    Thanks a lot for your help guys, do you remember any particular rivalries between players? or some manager who was hated by one team but loved by the other? If you know some things like those, they would be very helpful.

Thanks!
    M.

P.S. I'd love to have Guate in FIFA 10, but it's up to EA. I think they will be there for the World Cup Edition though

6. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    We had a player who died during a clasico. I believe it was in 2002 when Municipal goalkeeper Danny Ortiz collided with Mario "el loco" Rodriguez of Comunicaciones during a match. Danny Ortiz later died from a head injury caused from that clash.

Mario Rodriguez ironically now plays for Municipal. He's still hated by some Rojos fans for that incident, especially by the radical "Ultra Roja".

7. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Also, Horacio Cordero was loved as the Rojo's coach, then signed to coach Cremas and won back to back titles in 2002/2003...

8. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Creamas has been the only team, to be champion 4 years in a row, before there was apertura , clausura, although Municipal(rojos) claim they had won the championship 5 times in a row, they were champions only 2 1/2 years, so the cremas, have been the team that has hold a champinship longer time!!!
    oh and rojos, are ghetto people,!!! lolz,

9. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Thats not exactly true. When Comunicaciones won the Tetra, the last one was a short apertura tournament. Solo ganaron 3 torneos largos al hilo.;)

10. Martin del Palacio

Nov 14, 2005
    Thanks a lot guys, I've already sent the piece and your comments were very useful, I'll let you know when it's published.
    Cheers
    M.

11. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    BUMP:

Martin, esta historia nunca fue publicada??