Help me punish this user

Discussion in 'Parenting & Family' started by Excape Goat, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I accidently showed this to my 5 years old. I know it is funny to creat trick videos on youtube, but the people who watch Elmo videos are not teenagers or adults, but very young kids. I do not think it is cool to scare kids under 5 years old.

Please press "Flag as Inappropriate".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5AJK6qqIOM

2. CutePuppy

CutePuppy Red Card

Nov 14, 2006
    As long as you watch it free, you should know instead of trying to punish the guy, you have to expect all kind of shit like this

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    This is why I always read the comments first before watching a video.

4. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unfortunate that your kid saw the video, but what does "accidentally" mean? were you going to preview the video, but your kid came into the room just as you pushed play? was there no carelessness on your part whereby you feel guilty and are transferring that feeling to wishing to punish someone else?

5. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think the thread starter is right for being pissed ... it's elmo for god's sake. leave it alone. why would you want to give some kid a nightmare?

but sachin makes a good point (do we still have to kiss up to the mods?) ... read the comments first before showing something to your kid. lesson learned.

6. Cabster22

Cabster22 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Washington, DC
    ewww.... god..... consider it flaged :eek:

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just because I made a mistake does it justifies someone to scare 5 years old on the internet? Is it alright for him to scare kids on the internet? And is it wrong for a parent to be upset?

Plus, this is youtube where censorship is strict.

8. CutePuppy

CutePuppy Red Card

Nov 14, 2006
    You are taking this way too serious. If you are upset, you should be upset to yourself. If you want to punish this guy then do it yourself and don't ask for help from others. Also, expect when you do so some people may fire back at you because to some people like me, the clip is pretty much innocuous and you are the one very annoying.

9. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    said somebody who doesn't have a child screaming after watching an elmo ....

sorry, but this is the most annoying post in the thread.

10. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks! That was awesome! I'm sending it to all my friends.

11. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All?

Or just those with little kids? ;)

12. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty funny video. Too short, if anything.

13. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    That's the point of the video,IMO.

What's the name of the character that appears at the end,BTW?

14. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What, that's not Elmo in his natural state?

15. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    I don't see what's wrong with that video. It was well animated, had a good score and an interesting twist at the end.

16. curvanord

curvanord New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    I think both parties have some wrong here. Yes the guy is sick for corrupting Elmo but this is the internet, where sickos can come out and play without public scrutiny... SO it is our job as media consumers and some of us, parents, to screen and educate our children rather than hiding things from them. This may not have been appropriate for the child to see at this age... I think you should have watched the video and read the caption first to avoid scaring your child. BUT I understand your naivete` completely and i wouldn't think this was a scary, decieving video at first either... Just be extra careful. Let's be jaded and question everything so that our children can keep their innocense much longer than this crazy world may wish to allow. Best of luck all of you.