Help me!! (I don't know if this is the right forum)

Discussion in 'Parenting & Family' started by Pony Slaystation 4, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Pony Slaystation 4

Pony Slaystation 4 New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    here.
    First of all I would like to apologize to everyone in WR I'm not usually like this I'm just venting my anger a frustration. Anyway the reason is everything has been turned upside down and I don't know what to do. I've been going out with my girlfriend for a bit over a year and my parents have practically disowned me because shes 2 years older than me so I've been living on my own for a while even though I'm only 16. Anyway everything except that was going fine until about a week ago when two things happened. Well first I should say I haven't talked to my girlfriend in a while because we have both been really busy. Anyway about a week ago she calls me and told me that she needed to talk to me so I asked her what was wrong and she said she was feeling weird for about a month so she took a pregnancy test and it came out positive and she can't tell her parents because they would literally kill her. So I told her I would be there for her but given my situation I didn't know how much a I could do for her. Anyway 2 days later this girl from my work calls my girlfriend and tells her I hooked up with her which I didn't all I did was drive her home from a party because she was completely shit faced. Anyway my girlfriend emailed me everything she heard and I tried to call her to tell her its not true but she won't answer the phone. Then 3 days ago her Dad left me a message saying he was going to kill me or something. I don't know what to do I've been trying to keep a low profile to stay away from her Dad, but then I'm really worried about her and I don't want to just walk away and leave her on her own with that, but I can't talk to her because that girl told her that I cheated on her which isn't true. I know some people on here are older and have been through relationship issues so I was wondering if anyone could help me.

2. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck with your situation. I'm not sure we can do much to help, but I'll try.

Regarding the girl from work who told your girlfriend that she hooked up with you -- people lie for stupid reasons all the time, and you have to deal with the consequences. All you can do in that situation is tell the truth and keep on trying to get through to your girlfriend -- if she trusts you, she'll listen to you. She emailed you -- did you already email her back to tell her that the other girl was lying, since you can't get through to her on the phone?

Regarding your girlfriend being pregnant -- it's a tough situation. The best advice I can offer is to be a man and take responsibility for your actions, and let her (and her dad) know that you are doing so.

For further clarification, where are you located -- if you're in the US, which state? There may be some legal issues involving you being 16 and your girlfriend being 18 (you said she was two years older than you) which you may need to keep in the back of your mind in case things go badly with her dad.

3. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to echo what billreeves said. First and foremost, good luck. Second, this is a chance to step up and be a man. You are in an adult situation somewhat prematurely, so to speak, but you can use it as a time to show what you're made of. And if you can't get your girlfriend on the phone, find another way of talking to her. Don't just let time go by... Email, write her a letter, talk to a mutual friend, whatever it takes.

Best of luck.

4. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you in Funchal (my guess because of your favorite team)? There are places to turn in the city if you are.

5. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sounds like a good time to mend fences with your family. Let them know you screwed up (your gf's claiming to be pregnant!), and that you may be needing their help and support.

Second, did her father threaten you? If you think so, you may consider getting the police involved. You mentioned his threat to kill twice (her and you) in your post. It sounds like either you exagerate, are paranoid or there is a real threat!

If you're just intimidated by him, but don't think he's dangerous, you might try to talk separately to him and the girl - either by email, letter, phone call or face to face Indicate that you're young and naive, but willing to accept responsibility for your actions. Explain that you've been sabotaged by your work colleague. Remember it takes two to make a baby, so you aren't in this alone.

6. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Tis for these very special occasions that abortion was invented (if that's your thing).

7. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still trying to get over this part. When I was 16 years old (over twenty-one years ago mind you) I was focusing on my next geometry test rather than worrying about paying the next utility bill.

I hate to come across as a wet blanket, but if you were still in diapers while Bill Clinton was in office, your parents have no business letting you live out on your own. At 16, you're still in need of some serious guidance no matter how mature you think you are. Unless there's something more to this story, it sounds like they got what they bargained for.

I wish you lots of luck.