News: Help me choose an epl team for next season!

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by jasper1996, Jan 25, 2010.

1. masswrecker

masswrecker New Member

Mar 1, 2010
    stoughton,ma
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a Man Utd supporter and an american and I can say I started watching united about 16 years ago with a friend of mine who was in the states from manchester and a huge united fan...I had only played football up to that point and never really followed it and I have been a diehard united fan since.

2. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Someone give him a medal!

People on here seem to love to tell stories about themselves, in an attempt to boast or big themselves up to everyone else, can someone not just make a separate thread for this?

3. cyberman

cyberman Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    this thread is a joke right?

4. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    well whoever you end up , I hope you don't follow the sheep and typically glory support Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool (don't they have enough). Hate it when supporters come and say they support all the top clubs in Europe in each country like Man Utd/Bayern/Inter and Real Madrid. Or more ridiculously support both Ac Milan and Inter, or Roma and Lazio. :rolleyes:

Give the less fashionable clubs a chance.....perhaps an Everton/Newcastle/Fulham etc.....much more exciting with more highs and lows :D

5. cyberman

cyberman Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    west ham would be a good choice for you

by and large good football and never a boring season

or get on the gravy train early and choose city...

6. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Yeah support West Ham, Portsmouth and Burnley, you'll have an exciting experience watching Championship football.

7. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't stand the justification stories. Just say "I support them so f*ck off" and be done with it.

8. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Exactly, it doesn't matter where you're from or who you are, you can support whoever the ******** you want. You shouldn't have to justify your decision to anyone, if you support a team you will feel it in your heart, and people support teams for different reasons. It's stupid to pick a team just because you feel you can justify it better when someone asks "why do you support them" and you shouldn't pick a team just because some idiot Mancunian calls you a glory hunter.

There are so many ********ing clubs in England that if they want to pull that card a lot of Man U fans should be supporting Stockport, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, or even one of the non-professional teams. Just support whoever you want to and tell anyone who questions you to ******** off.

9. argentumLingua

Jun 17, 2009
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I support Accrington because FIFA 10 ranks them as being a half-a-star team. :)

10. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Yeah but a lot of teams are half a star.

11. argentumLingua

Jun 17, 2009
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Bah, in that case I have no reason to support anyone. Seriously though, considering the only coverage we get here of soccer is of European Premier leagues, it's hard to find a reason to root for any team that isn't in the upper-tier. I'm a Chelsea fan myself, but it's mostly because of their team play and because I can't stand the fact that everyone, even people who don't know what soccer even is, roots for Man U.

12. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Chelsea have an awful lot of fans that have never watched a game of football in their life as well. Just like 90% of black people support Arsenal regardless of where they are from.

13. argentumLingua

Jun 17, 2009
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well, I'd support Leeds because I love teams that fall from grace but there's little to no coverage of them over here.

14. vtron

vtron Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    West Brom. The bird in their logo is cute.

15. rassclawt

rassclawt New Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Why is this?

16. 650niners

650niners Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Recommend me a team to follow

17. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Blackpool, they just won a ultimate soccer prize of £90m for winning the world championship play off final.

18. brianasher

brianasher Member

Sep 22, 2005
    KY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just watch as many games as you can and eventually you'll find a team that you like. It might be the stadium, the style of play, the players themselves, fans - whatever - something will grab your attention.

About 10 years ago I played fantasy sports and this dynamic duo of Kevin Phillips and Niall Quinn were tearing up the EPL. I started checking on their progress each week and watching highlights whenever possible (which back then, was tough) and eventually started following Sunderland. Since then, I've been able to watch a great number of their games (FSC and streamed online) and have come to know quite a bit about their history and city. I would consider myself a true fan. At some point, I MUST go to see a game at the Stadium of Light.

Nobody can explain these things to you, just gotta feel it out yourself.

19. pakman38

pakman38 Member

Jan 28, 2009
    In your brain
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If you're talking out of those teams ONLY I would say Liverpool. But out of all them I would say Tottenham. From your comments you don't like to seem the "big bad boys". Tottenham is in London, has solid showings every year, has a nice base of English players with only limited foreign help. I would root for them if I was you.