Help and Advice

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by Sporting Real, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I plan on attending a SKC game sometime this season, and really want to sit with the supporters, but I have a couple questions first.

1. How annoyed would people be if I brought a banner? You know, one thats held up with pvc pipe that I can't remember the name of?

2. How do I make said banner? I want it to have words and a face, but I'm not really sure what I need to use to make it.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't deploy an RSL banner in the KC supporter section. Aside from inviting trouble, it's frankly a little rude. There is an away supporter section in the southeast corner of the stadium where you can display or hang banners and flags to your heart's content and no one will bat an eye. You are of course welcome to tailgate with KC supporters before the game; there are often at least a few opposing supporters hanging out with us before the game, and occasionally a great many. Chicago and Colorado travel well, at least once Toronto brought big numbers, and 99% of the time it's all good times, breaking bread and horsing around.

The only supporters that we have had shaky relations with are Houston's. I'm not sure if it was Texian Army or Brickwall or what, but when our people went there, they were told not to try to socialize with Houston supporters and just keep to themselves, so we adopted the same policy toward them. Everyone else is warmly welcomed, especially RSL supporters, who were great hosts when we visited last year. Come find the Cauldron tailgate on the north side of Lot F and we'll try to return the favor. If you drink beer, we're happy to share. I hope you have a great time.

3. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya, I wouldn't sit in the Member's Section with any RSL regalia. Specifically, a banner.

Unfortunately though, no PVC pipe is allowed any where else in the stadium besides the Member's Section. So if you want to make a banner and sit somewhere else, you'll have to hold up your banner yourself or hang it on a wall if available.

4. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'll be a Sporting banner. Kansas City is where I live now, so SKC is my team. Big Soccer only let me list RSL as my favorite team cause it only gave me one option.
    So now that you know its for SKC, same questions.

5. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    For most banners, just a sheet, some outdoor paint etc. To accurately make something, you'll probably want an overhead projector. Shine your design up on the sheet, trace it, then fill in the blanks like a big paint by number.

6. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    This is a hilariously sad situation. I don't blame you either. If I contacted a supporter's group about hanging out before the game and they told me to stay away, I'd want nothing to do with them either. TA is a big group, but they don't speak for every Dynamo fan.

This may not change anything, but there are some of us down in Houston who enjoy entertaining visiting supporters. KC has already come and gone, but for future reference, shoot me a PM if you or any of the KC crowd is coming to town and our group will take care of any food, drink, and good-natured trash talk needs before the game. Plenty of visiting supporters from many teams have hung out with us at the stadium.

I'd like the opportunity to prove you wrong some time, but until that happens, your policy seems logical.

1 person likes this.