Hello

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by Wog Vader, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Wog Vader

Wog Vader Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Miami Beach
    Hello,

I followed Miami FC for the last few years and lost touch last year with some life events all happening at once (new job, new baby, some other family stuff)

Let me just say that after reading the posts on the "Attendance" thread, I'm thrilled. I was worried this team would fold after crowds that rarely reached over 1k. I'll take 6400 for the season. That's certainly much better than the crowds the team got at Tropical Park!

Some questions:

What am I supposed to do with all of my old Miami FC paraphernalia (jersey, scarf, etc.)? Can I still rock that stuff at the games or is that not a good idea?

I live in Miami, so it's tough to make it to all of the games, but is the team televised at all? If so on what channel?

Are they selling jerseys at the games?

Is anyone posting here down in Miami? I live in Brickell and would love to catch some games together.

Just so excited that things are looking up for soccer instead of South Florida instead of deteriorating!

Thanks,

-Daniel

2. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1). Wouldn't mind at all-but I'm older and not PC. Hell, if you had Toros stuff and brought it it'd be aiight by me......it's all part of the genesis, and I thought I saw somewhere that the goalie jerseys would be lt. blue in tribute.

2). Not that I'd imagine, but they said last night that NASL. com would be doing some streaming, and I see that the game was supposed to have been done there Saturday.

3). Yeah, but.....$50 price gone after last evening. Full price here on out.

4). Couldn't say-but hope so. I'm on the Northern border now......hope you find some compatriots down there. Argentina appears to have a decent contingent:D.......maybe they can talk to Riquelme........:cool:

3. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Wog! Nice to see some support from Dade County. Unfortunately some Miami FC fans have gone sour on the team after the move north and the name change.

All the games will be streamed live on NASL.com and Strikers.com.

MFC stuff is cool to wear if you've got it but I'd pick up a Strikers jersey or T-shirt if you can make one of the games. Best to phase out any MFC gear and leave that disaster in the past as soon as possible in my opinion.

Chichi posts here a lot, aka Uncle Ed of the blog Football in Miami and Beyond, lives down your way. There are a few other Miami-based fans as well.

Hope you can make it up to some games this year!