Heinrichs Names 26-Player Roster for San Diego Training Camp

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by FearM9, Jan 2, 2003.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Only one player from the defending champion professional women's club team...

3. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    Heather O'Reilly wearing #9?! :eek: HERESY!!

:D
    (but I really don't like it)

4. Mr.Soccer

Mr.Soccer New Member

Aug 1, 2001
    Maui
    The Social Club Directors (Hamm, Lilly & Foudy) get to rest while the remaining players fight for a spot on the team. Hamm and Lilly I can understand but really does Foudy get an automatic pass to the World Cup?

5. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Hamm, Lilly, and Foudy are the "other" triple-edged sword (O'Reilly, Tarpley, and Wilson being the U19s).

Then there's that third triple-edged sword of Parlow, Milbrett, and McMillan.

With those three sets, who needs defense, eh?

6. foudy724

foudy724 New Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Hartford, Connecticut
    Hamm's not a sure starter either. Hasn't she been coming off of the bench the last few games?

7. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    No Mia is a sure starter.

She was coming of the bench during the WUSA season because of her knee. The one NT game game she played durring the summer was against Norway and she did only play a half in that.

But she started playing full 90's begining with the Scottland game. But durring the Gold Cup she hurt her leg so she sat out a few games. Then she played a bit against Costa Rica and a full half against Canada. If she hadn't hurt herself she would have been playing full 90's durring the Gold Cup.

8. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    For real! But seriously... the kid better not get too comfy with it.

Can I say it? Solo :rolleyes: :p

Fight now?

9. kra2800

kra2800 New Member

Nov 1, 2002
    foudy can get comfy again now that aly is on top of the triangle

10. kra2800

kra2800 New Member

Nov 1, 2002
    sorry, that is the top of the diamond with foudy at the bottom

11. soccermonkey19

soccermonkey19 New Member

Nov 17, 2000
    Mississippi
    Um...they gave Lil's number to Hucles. They...gave...Lil's number to Hucles. THEY GAVE LIL'S NUMBER TO HUCLES. :mad: :mad:

12. UP90

UP90 New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Georgia
    I'm glad Millie's going. I had no idea she was so close to making the 100 goal club.

13. Trayster

Trayster New Member

Sep 11, 2002
    Palm Coast, Florida
    MILLIE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

14. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    ritalin prescription run out?

15. piper

piper New Member

:mad:

16. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a great honour for Kristine and Angela, to see a fellow Breakers teammate wear the lucky "13". Congrats to Angela. I hope that she makes the traveling squad.

17. sokrandlaw5

sokrandlaw5 New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Somewhere near and f
    This is the second time Hucles has worn #13. The last time was when the Breakers kept Lil in the hopes of securing a playoff spot last season. So relax everyone; Lil will continue to keep her number as long as she plays for the WNAT.

18. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    They're just freakin' numbers people. Soccer doesn't retire numbers. Lilly isn't on the squad, so someone else is going to wear 13. It's pretty simple. Same thing with #9.

Let's worry about the play on the field and not who's wearing what number.

19. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    no one bother to call or write espn or foxsportsworld ask for this tournament to be televised ? they probably just don't know about this prestigious tournament exist, i plan to send e-mail to them, c'mon guys/girls do something ! we've got to watch this tournament, this is 2003 things must change for the better.

20. piper

piper New Member

I emailed Fox Sports World awhile ago and they said that had no plans to air it.

:(

21. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yea Pearce!!! Get your spot back!! I'm so excited! i cant wait to wish her tons of luck tomorrow!!

22. UP90

UP90 New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Georgia
    If a player isn't called up for the camp does that mean they can't go to China?

23. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    You mean China as in the 2003 WWC China or China as in the Four Nations Tournament China?

24. UP90

UP90 New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Georgia
    I meant the Four Nations. I understand Mia, Foudy and Lil sitting out Japan, but I didn't know if that would mean they can't go to the Four Nations either.

25. soccermonkey19

soccermonkey19 New Member

Nov 17, 2000
    Mississippi
    I wish Devyyn Hawkins would make the cut. But sadly enough, I just don't think April will pick her. And does anyone besides me think Lindsey Tarpley is a better forward than Heather O?