Jesus Manuel "Tecatito" Corona @ FC Porto VOl II

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Herrera always have a stretch in game where he plays like a dumbass.

JJV1994, SGuerrilla and Miguel Myers repped this.
  2. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Tecatito did no better than Brahimi. Sometimes he needs to play more direct and stop trying to juke the defender.

3. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Except he was better. Not much, but he tried to pass to players ahead. Brahimi would try to take on 4 defenders ahead of him.

LGRod, JJV1994, thedragonrik58 and 2 others repped this.
  4. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    I guess today's game justifies no only why Real Madrid isn't interested in signing HH, but also why so far no club has offered more than 20M euros for him

DankYummy and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  5. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Neymadres and DankYummy repped this.
  6. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

DankYummy repped this.
  7. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  8. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #4308 JJV1994, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    I Remember when he basically said Porto was a stepping stone..

Kaney, chiva_guero, SGuerrilla and 7 others repped this.
  9. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Porto is his level. He can't hack it in a bigger league.

DankYummy repped this.
  10. angelsfan

angelsfan Member+

Jun 4, 2008
    So Cal
    If Guardado can be top 10 mids in La Liga, I don’t see how Herrera can’t. Put some respect on his name

11. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    not if guardado >> herrera

i can't see why that can't be the case

Kaney repped this.
  12. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well it's not, least not imo, hh can easily hang in any league on nearly any team.

Kaney, LGRod and DankYummy repped this.
  13. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    In this current crappy version of Porto, yes. In the recent past, Porto had players like Pepe, Deco, Hulk, Falcao (his best days), James Rodriguez, Moutinho Quaresma, Alex Sandro, Danilo (the Brasilian one), Casimiro and many other world class players. Back then HH would have been the backup of the first choice's backup. Heck they even sold Ruben Neves and kept Hererra instead.

DankYummy repped this.
  14. ShockMaster

ShockMaster Member

Oct 26, 2013
    IN THA 6
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Kyrgyzstan
    None of those players were at a world class level at porto
    Herrera would start then just like he starts now

angelsfan, LaMascara and DankYummy repped this.
  15. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    Don't confuse quality with international media attention. Elite clubs broke the bank to sign the aforementioned players because they had what few have. Meanwhile Herera after 5 seasons and at 28 is still waiting for that headline transfer that is probably never going to happen.

DankYummy repped this.
  16. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    What a load of shit.

Porto didn't do shit in the Champion's League when they had the likes of James, Hulk, Falcao, and Moutinho. The furthest they went was the round of 16.

Not only was he a starter when Casemiro was with Porto but he was just as good if not better that season.

Porto has only made the Champion's League quarter-finals once in the last decade, and that was with Herrera as a starter.

Herrera has benched every midfielder that was supposed to be better than him, even after Porto would change coaches year after year, and there's still ********ing idiots out there who continue to doubt him.

17. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    They won the Europa league in 2011.

Herera's years at Porto coincide with a drought of results for the club. Facts are stubborn. In 2004 Porto won the CL but they had Deco, Ricardo Carvalho, Costinha etc. I highly doubt he would Ruben Neves nowadays, all mexican that I am. Maybe myself and all the recuiters at Real, Barça, ManU, PSG, Juventus, Bayern are idiots for shying away from spending more than 20M euros on the man and you know better. Or maybe it's the other way around, who knows.

DankYummy repped this.
  18. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    They won a worse tournament than the Champion's League? Cool.

That same Porto team full of world class players sans Falcao didn't do shit in the UCL the next season, they got bounced out of the group stages by powerhouses such as APOEL and Zenit.

Yep Herrera is the sole reason for Porto's drought, not Porto's inability to find a suitable replacement for AVB and having to fire coaches year after year.

I wonder if you'd be singing the same tune if Herrera did win league titles with Porto during those years but instead was getting bounced in the UCL group stages like those supposed "world class" players. I doubt it.

That wasn't the argument, only a few players in the world can start consistently for those clubs. Doesn't mean Herrera isn't a great player that could play for most teams outside of the usual powerhouses.

This is what you said:
    It's very well documented that Napoli put in numerous bids for Herrera exceeding 20 millions euros a couple years ago, and Porto's president has been on record saying that he's rejected offers from other Euro teams.

And it wasn't too long ago where he rejected a 30 million euro bid for Herrera:
    Facts are stubborn indeed.

DankYummy and SGuerrilla repped this.
  19. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm not sure about this... he might not be Real Madrid material and there's no shame in that... I think he could start for teams in bigger leagues battling for Champions League Qualification...

20. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Those players were also before 3rd party ownership was banned and Porto had to basically fend for itself in its transfer policy...

They play CL every year and I think HH has played well there... He may or may not move to a bigger club but I still don't think that is a reflection on his quality...

Put another way, he's good enough to start for most UCL group stage teams...

21. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    lo que es hablar por hablar

monta, El_Huero, chiva_guero and 3 others repped this.
  22. Jacob Johnson Ramirez

Sep 8, 2014
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Herrera is player who can play for the best teams in midlevel European leagues. Like portugal, netherlands, maybe germany and Italy with the exception of juve and Bayern. Or in the best leagues at upper mid level clubs. I think that's his plateau, and theres nothing wrong with that. He can ball and look world class at times. But also goes through stretches where he cant pass for crap. Also he has a habit of lol worthy mistakes that cost games.

DankYummy, SGuerrilla and JJV1994 repped this.
  23. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    When Herrera does what Guardado has, I’ll accept comparisons.

Until then ...

24. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Which is what? I think Porto is a better club than any of teams andres has played on (Valencia being the exception, which I do t think he did too well with). They've both captained their teams I believe. In terms of champions league I think hh has done more.

This isn't to knock guardado, I think he's been fantastic and sure, he's been doing it longer.

I think hh is highly underrated and I still think he can a big move.

DankYummy repped this.
  25. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    if only he could get sold for peanuts like Guardado has

DankYummy repped this.