Hearts on the brink...

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by frasermc, Nov 8, 2012.

1. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Dunfermline staged a comback so are now in a 2 legged tie with Cowdenbeath for a spot in the Championship next year.

Not sure how you follow it in the US....obviously there is lots of online coverage (bbc.co.uk/football does a decent job) but if you mean watching live matches I am not sure. The SPFL has never been the most progressive in putting tv packages/rights together but I know up here in GOLtv did carry a few Rangers games live this year (must have been included in some rights package they bought). Another alternative would be to go to one of the bigger clubs (Hearts, Rangers) and subscribe to their live internet broadcast package and watch their matches online (will be team centric but over the season you would see all the teams).

C-bus repped this.
  2. C-bus

C-bus Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've considered getting Hearts tv but man is it expensive!

3. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    If it were easier to follow Hibs in any meaningful way, I'd have done it. Now, well over a decade since I lived in Edinburgh, the club and league have changed enough that I don't feel any real connection besides my memories. Those are still deeply rooted memories and feelings, but that isn't the same as an ongoing interest in how things are going. I doubt I could pick more than one or two current players out of a lineup.

4. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Given their performance this year, doubt you would want to pick them and in a line up for charges of "grand theft wages" is where they probably should be. They have put a grand club in a very perilous situation.

5. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    At this point, I don't think relegation is necessarily a bad thing. Last time it happened, Hibs came back quite strong.

6. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well........it happened......Hibs relegated with Hearts........Dundee and Hamilton promoted.

7. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Yep. At least now they can get rid of these schmucks.

8. C-bus

C-bus Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hearts, Hibs, and Rangers oh my!

9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, pretty much no chance for Queens to go for promotion next season.

10. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    At least one of them will not win promotion!