Health Care Reform Part IV: The Trumpening

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Knave, Dec 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could put an asterisk next to #5 to indicate that this would not happen if they were white people.

The more I think about him with 8 kids already and #9 on the way, it makes me wonder if his wife was a stunt double on the set of "The Handmaids Tale".

xtomx and dapip repped this.
  2. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Do you really believe that a poster on the P&CE threads of BigSoccer is "as bad as those he despises"?

Saying someone is "trying to gut all environmental protections for the rest of us" is as bad as being a representative and voting FOR those polices?

Saying someone is "is attempting to regulate women's reproductive freedoms" is as bad as being a representative and voting FOR those policies to regulate women's reproductive freedoms?

Really, you don't believe that, right?

I am sure many of us have real lives and some make important contributions to our little segments of society, but none of us have the impact of people in Congress, positively or negatively.

3. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, in the fact that dapip is the same kind of moronic follower as those that follow Trump.

Same breed, different king.

4. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So, you think MAGA hat wearing cretins are as bad as Trump, despite each one of them having virtually no power and Trump being the most powerful person earth?

That is pretty stunning, really.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  5. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don’t?

Who do you think it is that allows Trump to do what he does?

Without followers, the cult personalities are just weirdos.

6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He's the guy that argued that when Evangelical Bob Carlson was asking to bomb caves on the border, he was not asking to kill immigrants. It is a faith thing. His beliefs are that liberals are as bad as Trump and that Killary did everything. You cannot argue with "beliefs".

7. :(:cry:
    There goes my aspiration to be the grain of sand that enters the clockwork of society and brings it to a stand still by jamming the cogwheels :unsure:

fatbastard repped this.
  8. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I do not, hence my asking you the question.

It is a question of power.
    "Followers" do not have much power over the "cult personalities" although, in the political arena, collectively they can vote that person out of office. Individually, the followers have virtually no power.

So, of course, I do not think a poster on BigSoccer questioning Republican tactics to take away a woman's right to control her own health care (and I need not go through the rest of the comments) is in any manner whatsoever the "same" as that Republican who is actually voting to take away a woman's right to control her own health care.

It is a preposterous notion to equate the two.

Republicans in Congress, of course.
    They could stop him in a minute, if they wished.
    They don't want to stop him and so they will not stop him.

sitruc and dapip repped this.
  9. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

So we're all friends here, Stanger

stanger repped this.
  10. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    If Churchill could hold Uncle Joe Stalin's hand while crossing the bridge, I can hold Uncle Joe Biden's.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  11. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are talking past each other.

The poster was blasting someone because they made the decision to have an excessive number of children. Why? The poster was basing the opinion off of political positions of the person having all the kids.

Does the poster not like children? Why would the number of children a person has be of any concern? Answer is, it's not, the poster in question simply wanted a reason to hate that elected official and this was convenient.

I equate posters like the one in question with Trump fans in the same way the followers of Rev. Leroy Jenkins followed him. All three types of people have their opinions so clouded by hate they can't see.

Without moron followers, Trump wouldn't be president, Leroy Jenkins wouldn't have bilked the elderly out of their savings and dapip wouldn't try to control someone's personal decisions.

superdave repped this.
  12. Ahem, .....I'll make my own decisions.....who wants to be my friend?:D

13. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Someone asked Joe Walsh (the racist pol, not the Eagles guitarist) after blasting Trump non-stop lately on any show that'll have him if he could vote for the Dem nominee, whoever it might be. "I'm not there yet"

So a Trump-loving Obama hater is more concerned about his brand than America. I am duly shocked by this here development...

dapip repped this.
  14. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    We are NOT talking past each other.
    You are making ridiculous comparisons and I am calling out those ridiculous comparisons.

For the record, I was the poster who called into question the number of children Rep. Duffy had.

Not to speak for @dapip, but his point (as I understand it) was to point out the hypocrisy of Duffy's political positions vis a vis his family situation (in particular, voting to repeal the ACA and its protections for so-called "pre-existing" conditions).

Now, you really have gone off the deep end.
    In the immortal words of Sesame Street:
    "One of these things is not like the others"

Attached Files:

15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

The funniest thing about that poster, is that, while he claims that he's no Republican, he does the same thing as Republicans. "No, you're the racist when you call me racist!!!"

Yeah, he is basically is disgusted by Trump, but deep down he pretty much agrees with most of his policies, or doesn't care enough to actually vote against him. No, third party vote in a swing state is not a vote against the Orange menace.

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His unborn child having a preexisting condition doesn't make him a hypocrite. This isn't Sarah Palin being a complete hard ass except for developmentally disabled children, or Dick Cheney becoming open minded about gay rights.

Now, if Duffy changes his position on the issue because of new found sympathy, or even worse wants to make an exception for the condition HIS child suffers from, then and only then is he a hypocrite.

If a gun control advocate gets shot, that doesn't make him a hypocrite. Duffy's family is a victim of what we agree is bad policy, but they're just victims, not hypocrites. (Yet.)

17. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gave you more credit than you deserve if that's the case.

18. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think you may have that backwards.

His position has consistently been to take away the protections from everyone.
    He has voted consistently to remove the health care coverage from tens of millions of Americans.
    Just this year, he voted against H.R. 986: Protecting Americans with Preexisting Conditions Act of 2019.
    (Not to mention that for virtually his entire career, he has been a government employee with corresponding excellent government health insurance).

However, he has the luxury that he can leave the House and take care of the child and utilize the insurance that he consistently voted against.
    Most parents do not have that luxury.

That is the hypocrisy, as I see it.
    No one else is allowed to have the protection or assistance to which he avails himself and his family.

https://www.healthreformvotes.org/congress/412488
    https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/126238/sean-duffy/38/health-and-health-care#.XWah8OhKjyQ

sitruc and dapip repped this.
  19. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Which part?
    I am sure there are many things in my post that foster that opinion. :thumbsup:

20. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of it?:ROFLMAO:

xtomx repped this.
  21. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Fair enough.

I feel that I have made my statement and choose not to prolong the discussion further. We disagree and will not come to consensus on the subject.

stanger repped this.
  22. [​IMG]
    De zware pijnstiller oxycodon wordt steeds vaker voorschreven. © Beeldwerkt
    Experts waarschuwen: ‘Nederland stevent af op zware pijnstiller-epidemie’

Dutch experts warn: The Netherlands are heading for a severe pain killer epidemic

So after the tobacco industry we now have the next business greed endorsed addiction, but in contrast to tobacco etc. it can hide behind the pretend to be for health issues. Yeah, medication designed to get you hooked and killed.

23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

sitruc repped this.
  24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

“On closer scrutiny, what seems a sudden acceleration in rural hospital and clinic closures over the past few years is actually concentrated in a select group of 14 states. They are all holdouts that have declined to fund the expansion of Medicaid that was made possible by the Affordable Care Act, which took effect in January 2014.

As a result, rural hospitals in the states that have refused to participate—hospitals already operating their public healthcare systems with the slimmest of margins and resources—are now collapsing and closing at an quickening rate.

A study in Health Affairs last year confirmed that closures of rural hospitals increased significantly in states that haven’t expanded Medicaid, but noted that the closure rate in states that expanded the program decreased almost immediately after adoption.”

sitruc repped this.
  25. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Why, it is almost as though the ACA was designed with the idea that no one would be dumb enough to refuse free money just because some of it might go to black folks... and most of the credit as well.

fatbastard and sitruc repped this.