Health Care Reform Part IV: The Trumpening

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Knave, Dec 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I have. There are pockets in Fancyvilles but by & large it blows. The flip of BBQ up here. Biggest food complaint on FB from Northern transplants is a variation of "the pizza down here is inedible. And people actually like Papa John's!"

Dyvel and raza_rebel repped this.
  2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
  3. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    #3678 VFish, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Any chance you can get your friends to quit moving down here? All they do is bitch about how we don't do things like they do in NYC. It is annoying. If NYC is so great why'd you move here in the first place? We have a saying in the ATL, I-85 goes both north and south.

And I don't buy your story about transplants and the pizza. There must be a 1000 plus 1 pizza joints catering to the NY palette and serving your soggy pies.

4. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    #3679 Cascarino's Pizzeria, Oct 12, 2017
    Stop the economic carpet bagging and the Yankees will stay. If my company is any indication, y'all need our brainpower & work ethic.

Anyway, little Robbinsville near me beat out any Southern burgs 'cept Austin & Atlanta in best cities for pizza. And oddly, niether Charlotte nor Nashville was #1.

#15 Robbinsville, N.J.
    Believe it or not, the small town of Robbinsville, located just outside Trenton, is one of the best cities in America for pizza. The reason? Two legendary pizzerias: Delorenzos(pictured), which is celebrating its 70th year; and Papa’s Tomato Pies, which is America’s longest continually operated pizzeria, having opened in 1912.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/americas-9-best-cities-pizza-slideshow/slide-2

5. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Right.... cause we don't have any high tech brain power down here. Your problems with economic flight have more to do with your suicidal liberal policies than our need for brain power. But by all means, keep sending your brightest, we will put them to work making NY style pizzas for rest of the Yankees already down here.

6. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    And tell Robbinsville even a Jersey monkey can make a pizza, but BBQ is truly an art

7. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Where is the tax reform thread? Those are always fun. I love it when people that don't have to pay income tax tell me I don't pay enough.

8. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Even with your predictable reversion to normal form, I'll take it as a smidgeon of progress that you grudgingly acknowledged a benefit of the ACA.

9. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
  10. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Let me see if I understand this. I was promised a $2,500 reduction on premiums and you want me to give thanks to Barack because my W2 form now has a new line item. Really? You are insane.

11. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    You are not going to make go through 20 pages of click bait... are you?

If you got a good product you can sell it anywhere and what better place for BBQ than a city of 20 million. And in the south we like to share.

12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Global UBI, a few dollars per day to everyone in the world would make this rock a much better place.

dapip repped this.
  13. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    #3688 M, Oct 12, 2017
    Only in your dream world is that the sole tradeoff of the ACA. Back in the real world, the ACA has reduced the ranks of the uninsured to the lowest percentage ever recorded.

sitruc and dapip repped this.
  14. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Super, we gave Medicaid to people and asked those paying their own way via private insurance to pay for it. Just curious, where do you get your insurance?

15. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    That is not the only reason the ranks of the uninsured have fallen.

I get my insurance through my employer. They've had the integrity to document how much of premium increases are due to the ACA. It's a tiny proportion of total increases since the ACA was passed.

Geneva repped this.
  16. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I make insurance decisions for my small business employer, among other duties. I applaud that you aware of what's happening with your health insurance. Our testimony in this thread is anecdotal, so not worthwhile to make policy decisions from.

FWIW, here's my anecdotal story. Our company health insurance was rising more than 10% per year prior to the ACA. We had to make decisions to cut benefits, raise deductibles, all the usual to keep costs somewhat manageable. Since the ACA, the increases have been below 5%, and one golden year we got a decrease. Our long-term insurer got a little spooked partway through and raised rates a lot, but luckily we found another one who was still holding the line and providing what we needed. We have been in farm industry insurance trusts the whole time, a pretty specialized area.

This turmoil in the market is scary, and I don't see how it won't have immense negative impact on the economy. Why don't Republicans care about the stability of our economy??

M, Boloni86, flowergirl and 2 others repped this.
  17. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much do you make and how much do you pay? If you are a beneficiary of carried interest rules, you don't pay enough. If you make between $75,000 and $300,000, you probably pay too much. If you make over $500k, rates are too low.

The wealth disparity in this country is at French revolution levels. Tax policy should not be making that worse, but of course it will, if Republicans have their way. Estate tax kept the Vanderbilts, etc at bay, I don't think we should abandon it to line the pockets of heirs Trump.

18. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm going to guess that major donors are in a position to benefit from, or at least not be harmed by, possible instability.

Geneva repped this.
  19. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Casket makers & funeral home stocks expected to soar when market opens.

20. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sugar, I get absolutely NOOOO subsidies. None. I have an individual plan, not through any employer, that I pay FULL PRICE for because my husband makes too much money to qualify for ANYTHING.
    Try again!

Boloni86 repped this.
  21. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG Are you ok? Did they figure out what was going on?

Also, I had that experience recently at the ER. Came in and asked for payment before they even examined me.

22. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope - Broke my glasses too

Did you politely tell them to eat hot fuck?

23. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I answered your asinine assumption in my post above, but just to add, I also know EXACTLY how much my husband's employer contributes to his and my kid's insurance as well. Turns out some of us actually do our due diligence and know what the f*** we're talking about.

sitruc repped this.
  24. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't, but only because I knew what they were estimating was low because of my deductible.

Did they send you home already? They really shouldn't have if they did in case you flare up again from something that severe.

25. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    She got up, picked up her lungs and spleen and drove to the next ER, while asking for prices over the phone... Duuuuh!!!

flowergirl repped this.