Health Care Reform Part IV: The Trumpening

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Knave, Dec 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Saw headline that Numbnuts-in-Chief almost left his anti-Obamacare ceremonial signing without signing the executive order.

Is dementia covered under hamstrung Obamacare?

2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Didn't we already discuss your premiums? IIRC your premiums are highly subsidized so you really have no idea of the true cost of your insurance. You need to ask someone that actually pays the full freight and ask how their premiums only went up $20 a month.

3. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I

That crust is thicker than yer skull, Jethro. And it looks like a possum exploded on top of it. I'll pass.

russ and roby repped this.
  4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Aren't you precious? Few people knows the actual cost of their insurance, for most is subsidized by their employer, or paid by government... The number of people that actually pays directly to their insurance company is a very, very, very small section of the population. Or do you know how much it costs an employer to insure a family of 4?

5. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, so this morning at about 2:00 AM, I ended up in the ER via the Amber Lamps

Got up about 1:00 with a tremendous cramp that felt like my appendix needed to come out, except that that came out when I was 17 and is still sitting in a jar of formaldehyde next to my diplomas, so I knew it wasn't that. Went back to bed.

Got up 20 minutes later after the pain moved lower, got back up & tried to take shit, nothing, but when I stood up, it felt like my groin and armpits were being stung by the fire ants I unleashed on America for revenge against the White Colonizers. Figured I needed a shower. Got out of the shower and I was broke out in hives in a ring around my nose / mouth and hives between stomach and knees. Could feel my nose closing and tongue swelling over my teeth. Woke the wife up so she could take me to the ER. She panicked a bit, so I woke my oldest up to calm her down and had him call 911 for the Amber Lamps.

Feeling my tongue swell up in my mouth and wanting to keep my airway open, I used a pair of kitchen scissors to pry my tongue down and insert a triangular architect scale back into my throat, with the wide end down to keep the tongue pressed down and the narrow end up braced against my teeth to keep my airway open. My diabetes is probably somewhat semi-sentient and symbiotic, because I'm pretty sure it whispered that into my subconscious.

Paramedics gave me 100 units of IV benadryl, didn't touch it. Followed that with an IV epinephrine shot and another 100 units of IV benadryl, still didn't touch it, so they followed with some high power steroids in the meat wagon, and another IV steroid at the ER, still wasn't touching it. Took until about 6 this morning for the tongue swelling to go down enough to swallow and the hands / arms / body itching to subside.

Here's the healthcare kicker, an administrative person came in with some papers to sign with the estimated cost of the ER visit and asks my wife if she wants to pay any of that estimated balance tonight. It's good that she couldn't make out my response over the swollen tongue, only my head shaking NO, because the response was "Bitch are you motherfucking serious? I don't pay for shit until the insurance pays off and I get an EOB, and then I wait at least 30 days. For y'all, it's gonna be 60-90"

6. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Do you know anything about anything? The crust is thin, but has a proper edge. Of course when you simply put cheese and sauce on a piece of cardboard you're not going to have an edge on your pie.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  7. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Oh, I think people that buy their insurance on the private market have a very good idea about the real cost of their insurance, and that is after all what we are talking about. Not people like you and me that buy our insurance through our employers. And by the way, I know exactly how much my employer provided insurance costs because it is printed on my paycheck and my employer provides detailed data.

8. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    For homemade it doesn't look too bad. Too much shit on top which will wind up in your lap if you're not careful.

I bet you use a knife & fork anyway.

9. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Knife and fork only for Chicago deep dish, but we ain't talking about deep dish. What do you put on top of your pie?

10. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    This is awful and I feel very sorry for you. Also, I know a good bankruptcy lawyer if you need one.

11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    For me simpler is better. I really like crushed garlic & sliced tomatoes. A pie with good sausage/pepperoni on top or a basic Neapolitan.

Not a fan of galamad, bbq chicken or ziti on a pie. No idea WTF is going on there.

roby and Boloni86 repped this.
  12. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries brother. I have connections at that hospital high up on the medical side and outstanding medical insurance. Chances are, I'll end up with nothing more than the co-pay for the ER & co-pay for the ambulance.

But what about people that are going to get kicked from ACA, you're politely extorting cash from someone who doesn't know if they're loved one is going to die in the next 2 hours.

I might take that lawyer's name those so and ******** over Capital One / BOA / Chase on the CC's and just end up with my car payments / mortgage / student loans.

soccernutter, sitruc and stanger repped this.
  13. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    That's the problem with NY style. The crust is so limp it can't really support any toppings. Neapolitan to me implies brick oven... and now we aren't talking about NY style pizza but rather a pizza baked in NY.

14. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Total yearly cost (employer + employee) is on your W2, thanks to the ACA. Something else for Trump to undermine...

sitruc and dapip repped this.
  15. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    It was on mine well before the ACA.

16. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Tomayto, tomahto.

We don't do BBQ all that well but it's slowly improving. But y'all don't do pizza. So we're almost even. Pizza being more essential to a well-lived life and all.

roby repped this.
  17. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    On your paycheck maybe, but a box 14 code was added to the W2 by the ACA to denote the yearly amount.

18. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Whatever, the real point was people that have to buy their health insurance on the private market know exactly how much it costs. A fact that eludes Flowergirl, dapip, and so many others.

19. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    You ever been south of the Mason-Dixon? We do pizza extremely well. Atlanta is a culinary hotbed, as are places like Charelston, Savannah, and Doraville.

20. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Interesting that you can't even acknowledge this tiny part of the ACA - to let people see the total cost of their employer-provided health insurance - is actually a good thing.

sitruc and dapip repped this.
  21. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I am all for transparency.

22. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    ... provided courtesy of the ACA.

dapip repped this.
  23. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Super, now can you find the $2,500 savings we were promised, because that doesn't seem to appear on any W2. ;)

24. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Even your pizza takes suck. smh

roby and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  25. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I've never been there, but next time I am in NYC I am going to Adam Lang's Daisy May's BBQ. Someone gave me his book 'Serious Barbecue' as a gift. I don't use many of his recipies because they always require a bunch of exotic shit I don't have, but I would like to check out how a world class chef does BBQ (of course the place is probably on auto pilot and he never steps foot in the place).